[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Iron and Crimson Dragons 10/25/16

Comments

• Karouselle wrote: »
    I'm so glad you gave us the dragons ~ Thank you! I'm more than happy to support the game by purchasing one...also, I really want a dragon. >.>

you must learn to train your dragon
  • Looks like I am 100% correct in my assumption that it will never for one moment be either plausible or possible that I could acquire any of the dragons.

I'm not mad... or angry... at this ... though I am quite disappointed that the claim of 'Rewarding veteran players' was made... that there was even a suggestion that I may have an outside chance at one.... I mean.. I've been playing since mid June 2013.... just after F2P launch.... that makes me a veteran player right?

Yeah I think I will stick to my black panther mounts... leave the winged lizards to people who 'swipe the cc stripe'.
  • Settaris wrote: »
    Looks like I am 100% correct in my assumption that it will never for one moment be either plausible or possible that I could acquire any of the dragons.

I'm not mad... or angry... at this ... though I am quite disappointed that the claim of 'Rewarding veteran players' was made... that there was even a suggestion that I may have an outside chance at one.... I mean.. I've been playing since mid June 2013.... just after F2P launch.... that makes me a veteran player right?

Yeah I think I will stick to my black panther mounts... leave the winged lizards to people who 'swipe the cc stripe'.

you have been playing since 2013 and you can't afford a mount? Or can't do the dailys they give you gear to get them with? What do you do just afk in Velika every day?
  • MidokuPastaMidokuPasta ✭✭✭✭
    Been here a while myself, love the game, already got my dragon * the store one * and will be grinding for the other. Yeah I can't do hard mode yet but in a couple of weeks I will have the new gear and then nothing will get in my way. It's just a game and I love it.
  • musetwo wrote: »
    Settaris wrote: »
    Looks like I am 100% correct in my assumption that it will never for one moment be either plausible or possible that I could acquire any of the dragons.

you have been playing since 2013 and you can't afford a mount? Or can't do the dailys they give you gear to get them with? What do you do just afk in Velika every day?

Got this thing called real life... means I have to work to pay these things called bills.... I can't play a game for 18 hours or more at a time to hopefully get a very much RNG chance at amount. As for buying one... the budget man says nope to me putting rl money into any game,not just this one.

As for gearing... it takes me about a week being as close to a text book definition of a "casual player" as I am... and that is doing Echoes of Aranea and IoD.... and maybe a few CW runs if any others from my small guild are on. And by small I mean... there are 3 active and one sometimes on players in it. None of us will ever see the dragons. Me more so as I have 17 lvl 65 characters to gear up across three accounts (made the extras back when the crafting changed) .... time is not working with me on this.

This is why I will stick to the mount that I can earn in game without having to give up my rl ......
    RwTcKon.png
  • As a casual player I'm pretty much guaranteed to never get one...*throws a Pokeball to summon the power of MasterCard, Visa, American Express, Discover and any card in my wallet to fight my arch nemesis...the dastardly villian Random Number Generator. After the bloody battle I emerge victorious P2W TRUMPS RNG to MAKE TERA GREAT AGAIN.*
    I can only make jokes at this to numb my disappointment.
  • Emmalyn wrote: »
    I'm just happy the dragons have been released. I don't give a dayumm about a crit stat, I just wanted a cosmetic dragon. Thank you EME for taking all this backlash. There's no way humanly possible to please everyone. Take care!

Yep. From start, when they announced that only ghost and diamond dragons in loot boxes were being released i (and a lot of ppl) complained about it and asked for an account bound dragon without stats. @Spacecats confirmed thet there werent gonna be account versions of the dragons so on this matter at least they listened to us. So i cant really complain. But i do understand what everyone is saying. And it saddens me.

Their mistake was to put a crit stat on a mount in the first place. And on dragons, which was a mount they knew EVERYONE will want to have. =\
    musetwo wrote: »

Got this thing called real life... means I have to work to pay these things called bills.... I can't play a game for 18 hours or more at a time to hopefully get a very much RNG chance at amount. As for buying one... the budget man says nope to me putting rl money into any game,not just this one.

As for gearing... it takes me about a week being as close to a text book definition of a "casual player" as I am... and that is doing Echoes of Aranea and IoD.... and maybe a few CW runs if any others from my small guild are on. And by small I mean... there are 3 active and one sometimes on players in it. None of us will ever see the dragons. Me more so as I have 17 lvl 65 characters to gear up across three accounts (made the extras back when the crafting changed) .... time is not working with me on this.

This is why I will stick to the mount that I can earn in game without having to give up my rl ......
    RwTcKon.png

dragon mounts are on the broker if you have that many 65 you can earn the gold. I never said you don't have a life but apparently you assume I don't. I also work and have those things called bills. But I am a casual player too and don't think the dragons are impossible to get. Maybe not in the short term but long term they are attainable.
  • That's it. I'm too much of a casual player to farm hard modes I will have no interest of doing since I am not good enough to be an effective player. And even if I did, I certainly am not looking at repeating them over and over just for an almost microscopic chance of getting something. And then, only to have to start over yet again getting the next gear when the next patch comes in.

I had Elite for some time but I cancelled when the Fate of Arun patch came out. I started to see the writing on the wall. Maybe I'm the only person in the world that would actually like to see lots more well-made story quests than doing dungeon after dungeon. And those old quests from the game are gone.

BTW, I heard that "Riders of Icarus" on Steam has dragon mounts (and without horrendous RNG! What a concept!). Just a note.
  • That's it. I'm too much of a casual player to farm hard modes I will have no interest of doing since I am not good enough to be an effective player. And even if I did, I certainly am not looking at repeating them over and over just for an almost microscopic chance of getting something. And then, only to have to start over yet again getting the next gear when the next patch comes in.

I had Elite for some time but I cancelled when the Fate of Arun patch came out. I started to see the writing on the wall. Maybe I'm the only person in the world that would actually like to see lots more well-made story quests than doing dungeon after dungeon. And those old quests from the game are gone.

BTW, I heard that "Riders of Icarus" on Steam has dragon mounts (and without horrendous RNG! What a concept!). Just a note.

I mean you don't really need a dragon mount if you aren't even doing end game content. At that point you don't benefit from it and honestly who needs a dragon when you can have a pigu :pleased: . I mean wanting a mount just because it is cool is fine but if you don't want to do content that is meant for end game then why bother? Tera has never had a good story in my opinion and yes I have played the entire story on several characters.
  • SettarisSettaris
    edited October 2016

< snip >

RwTcKon.png

dragon mounts are on the broker if you have that many 65 you can earn the gold. I never said you don't have a life but apparently you assume I don't. I also work and have those things called bills. But I am a casual player too and don't think the dragons are impossible to get. Maybe not in the short term but long term they are attainable.

Didn't mean my reply to come out sounding so accusation.... regardless... on TR the dragons are on broker for around 400K and on CH (where my archer pictured above is) they are around 350K .... for the first time .. *ever* on my main acct on TR I have gone over having 100K gold. As much as I would like to find a person who would nego for one for that price.. I doubt it will happen.

With rl the way it is... I simply do not have the time to grind hard every day for the 72 or so days to maybe get a chance at a dragon. Nor am I going to bother scrounging up the gold to pay someone else for it... I just do not have the time to do that. As I said.. its taken most of the last 3 years to get the 17 characters I do have to 65... I have a further 6 more that I have yet to finish leveling. Yeah .. 23 total. At least I have the characters enough to finish gathering all the mats so all my critters will have +12 'scrubnaught' when I do finally get them leveled.

< snip >

RwTcKon.png

Didn't mean my reply to come out sounding so accusation.... regardless... on TR the dragons are on broker for around 400K and on CH (where my archer pictured above is) they are around 350K .... for the first time .. *ever* on my main acct on TR I have gone over having 100K gold. As much as I would like to find a person who would nego for one for that price.. I doubt it will happen.

With rl the way it is... I simply do not have the time to grind hard every day for the 72 or so days to maybe get a chance at a dragon. Nor am I going to bother scrounging up the gold to pay someone else for it... I just do not have the time to do that. As I said.. its taken most of the last 3 years to get the 17 characters I do have to 65... I have a further 6 more that I have yet to finish leveling. Yeah .. 23 total. At least I have the characters enough to finish gathering all the mats so all my critters will have +12 'scrubnaught' when I do finally get them leveled.

I think you have different priorities. Honestly if you focus on leveling and then gearing so many toons you won't probably make as much gold. If you had 1 or two mains and then did your others on the side when you have finished dailys etc you would be more efficient at getting gold. I have 15 toons on MT but I only main 3 of them and the others are just for fun on the side. I dont worry about leveling/gearing them. I mainly use them to play with friends I meet who start the game or are under level. Based on the way you play yes it will take you a very long time to get a dragon mount that is true. On a side note while dragons are expensive on market right now in the future they will go down just like everything. As more people get the mounts and the market gets saturated the price will drop. Something to look forward too =) . Best of luck.
  • LessiemLessiem ✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    40 loot boxes = 0 dragons
    Gotta looove Tera rng............
  • Lessiem wrote: »
    40 loot boxes = 0 dragons
    Gotta looove Tera rng............

LOL rng is even better. Vidoes of people spending like 500 bucks to get the ten crystals for the exclusive annie and vayne skins.