[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Iron and Crimson Dragons 10/25/16

Comments

• Don't torture yourself.
    Games should be for hobby, fun, and self satisfaction.
  • Something i don't understand is, the people who don't want to grind hardmode dungeons, but want the 1.5 dragon because "omg its so Overpowered." if you dont want to do hardmode dungeons, youre not min maxing, if youre not min maxing, you dont need the buff. Players like that are better off learning how to play the game better rather than trying to get gear carried. Someone on this Thread said it pretty well... if you're not doing endgame content, you dont need these mounts for the passive, and if youre comfortable with the endgame content, the passives don't do that much for you anyway...

As for those who want mounts cause of aesthetics, well good on you.

The fact that theres a better one in the shop... Oh well... Read the above, both are a waste of gold, dollars, whatever unless youre already at peak efficiency.

The fact they said they were gonna do one thing but in actuality did another... Well, theyve provided me and my group with enough entertainment through the years, and a company gotta stay afloat somehow... oh well.
  • HjaltiHjalti
    edited October 2016
    kubitoid wrote: »
    dyeable mounts next patch please

Then they couldn't sell recolored variants of mounts.
  • I suspect the only reason people keep playing Tera is because there isn't a better option out there when it comes to two things: combat system and non-pay-to-win models.

There are a few games out there that have similar combat systems. What made people try those games and come back to Tera NA was the fact some of those games were undeniably pay to win.

Be careful, En Masse, you're going down that road and the fact that the dragons obtainable in-game (no matter how hard or luck-based) have smaller bonuses than the cash shop ones is, undeniably, a pay-to-win factor.

It's a small factor? Yes. But it is undeniably something that gives you an in-game benefit that has got into the game by someone, somewhere, spending real money (while the same benefit cannot get into the game by someone, somewhere, playing the game).

With the population shrinking and so many interesting games yet to be released... you really think it's a good idea to do exactly what made players quit newer, better optimized games?

I don't think many players will quit Tera because of the dragons. But, please, don't pull another one like that *ever* again. I love this game. I don't want it to die.[/i]
  • Doggydog wrote: »
    Something i don't understand is, the people who don't want to grind hardmode dungeons, but want the 1.5 dragon because "omg its so Overpowered." if you dont want to do hardmode dungeons, youre not min maxing, if youre not min maxing, you dont need the buff. Players like that are better off learning how to play the game better rather than trying to get gear carried. Someone on this Thread said it pretty well... if you're not doing endgame content, you dont need these mounts for the passive, and if youre comfortable with the endgame content, the passives don't do that much for you anyway...

The fact that theres a better one in the shop... Oh well... Read the above, both are a waste of gold, dollars, whatever unless youre already at peak efficiency.

The fact they said they were gonna do one thing but in actuality did another... Well, theyve provided me and my group with enough entertainment through the years, and a company gotta stay afloat somehow... oh well.

exactly what I said. However I can see why some people who do end game are upset at the amount of time it takes to get them in game. That is understandable. I would refer to Toughtbound on youtube for this. He just release a video explaining why it seems like EME did not do the best for us this patch and with the dragons.
  • edited October 2016
    Jesus christ. You stupid [filtered] at EME are as bad as Valve. Might as well merge Gameforge Tera EU into the NA server as well. because now both of you stupid retards have the same objective. Making this game P2W and earning as much cash as possible without listening to your players. The whole idea of giving additional combat stats on a mount was already a [filtered] idea, but now you made the mount people will have to farm for months still weaker than the mounts purchased with a credit card. 9 days of farming for a 5% chance to get a weaker mount than a mount obtained in a matter of minutes with a swipe of a credit card. Clap [filtered] clap, i seriously don't understand why idiot game developers keep changing the game to be worse, if you're going to change the game atleast think about the changes and consequences for 2 [filtered] seconds and ask the community who actually play this game unlike you [filtered] devs just sitting in your throne counting bills. How hard is it for a simple communication and understanding with your player base?
  • I was excited about the idea of ​​Dragon Mounts, but as I can't afford to pay to have them, let's see how many months I'll have to farm to get them ... very sad !!!
    Really every day this game becomes more P2W.

Ty for all EME!
  • musetwo wrote: »
    That's it. I'm too much of a casual player to farm hard modes I will have no interest of doing since I am not good enough to be an effective player. And even if I did, I certainly am not looking at repeating them over and over just for an almost microscopic chance of getting something. And then, only to have to start over yet again getting the next gear when the next patch comes in.

I had Elite for some time but I cancelled when the Fate of Arun patch came out. I started to see the writing on the wall. Maybe I'm the only person in the world that would actually like to see lots more well-made story quests than doing dungeon after dungeon. And those old quests from the game are gone.

BTW, I heard that "Riders of Icarus" on Steam has dragon mounts (and without horrendous RNG! What a concept!). Just a note.

I mean you don't really need a dragon mount if you aren't even doing end game content. At that point you don't benefit from it and honestly who needs a dragon when you can have a pigu :pleased: . I mean wanting a mount just because it is cool is fine but if you don't want to do content that is meant for end game then why bother? Tera has never had a good story in my opinion and yes I have played the entire story on several characters.

Even the people who would have no problem making their way through the hard content are annoyed (to put it mildly) at how screwed up that RNG is. So it is not just me.

I could go to the cash shop and get an account bound version with no buffs. All my alts would instantly have one, with no grinding. But at nearly $50? Nope. That almost buys one good game (or several on Steam sales) which would provide far more entertainment. Or could buy meals for my household. There comes a time when one has to consider if putting money on a game that could not even be here 3 years from now is worth it. The day will come when the last Tera server is shut off.

I would had been more than willing to put the effort of farming dragons as originally intended, even if they came with no buffs. It may have taken me some considerable time, but eventually I would had gotten one; many others would have gotten theirs faster, but that is all right with me. But no... here come the Korean overlords to demand we have to grind the hardest content, and add some RNG on top of RNG to that. But unlike the masochistic crowds in their home country, American players (and I count the folks in the southern continent, too) want to have a life outside of the game. Some of us spend almost half the day away from homes, working and commuting to and from it. I, and surely others, do not have the time daily to become experts at every game. And on weekends, there are other things we would like to do, either alone or with friends and families.

So I will take a break from this game for some time. The remastered Skyrim comes out in two days (which I will get for free in my PC). That should keep me busy.
  • KetothKetoth ✭✭✭✭
    So after 23 pages, no reply from EME part about the negative feedback?
  • when to stop buying EMP
    they respond the forum
  • FrakettFrakett
    edited October 2016
    We want what we were promised EME. You've made enough money already with the ghost and diamond dragons and made us wait long enough to get them. You said that we were going to get them from bams and that it wasn't rng and that we could choose which dragon to get by pvp or killing bams. We are getting tired of being lied to. This is how you lose the trust of your costumers and that is not good for business since that is all you seen to care about. STOP BEING COWARDS AND ADDRESS THE ISSUE.
  • Doggydog wrote: »
    Something i don't understand is, the people who don't want to grind hardmode dungeons, but want the 1.5 dragon because "omg its so Overpowered." if you dont want to do hardmode dungeons, youre not min maxing, if youre not min maxing, you dont need the buff. Players like that are better off learning how to play the game better rather than trying to get gear carried. Someone on this Thread said it pretty well... if you're not doing endgame content, you dont need these mounts for the passive, and if youre comfortable with the endgame content, the passives don't do that much for you anyway...

How about people like me who don't give a single [filtered] about the stats of the dragon and just want the iron dragon for the foking looks?
  • FrakettFrakett
    edited October 2016
    Heruvim wrote: »
    Doggydog wrote: »

How about people like me who don't give a single [filtered] about the stats of the dragon and just want the iron dragon for the foking looks?

Issue remains the same. We were promised that we would get an iron dragon if we go and kill bams and a crimson dragon if we do enough pvp. The problem comes when they decide to implement 2 fking RNG systems to them, and on top of that, you don't even get to choose what dragon you get if you even get one. I don't want to go and do glitchy dungeons only to get 6 pieces a day only to not get anything. @Spacecats lied to us and now he is pretending he didn't behind the "we are just publishers" screen, just shifting the blame onto BHS (they are scum too) meanwhile the Ghost and Diamond dragons remain as they intended, Tradeable and Bankable.
    Now tell me, Do you think this is fair?
  • @Frakett
    Of course its not fair, i was replying to the dude that was complaining that people who dont want to run hard dungeon doesnt need dragons.
  • One thing I think everyone can agree on is that this whole mess has been an emotional roller coaster that feels much like how the Hindenberg disaster looked. This roller coaster started for me all the way back when flying mounts were first introduced. I was excited and wondered how they would work.

When we got them I thought they were great. I was happy with the free one I could get from the quest and I liked the fancy account bound ones in the store. Even then I was secretly hoping that some day they would make the Kaiator dragon/pegasis available as a flying mount. Heck, I used to take unnecessary flights up there just to be able to fly around on a dragon and take screenshots.

Then I saw the first promo image of the dragons and I was among those people posting “shut up and take my money!”.

When we learned about the various colors and types of dragons, I was assuming that the regular versions would be available in the store as account bound mounts and that the royal versions would come out of loot boxes. At that time I looked at the most expensive flying account bound mount and figured that the dragons could not possibly cost any less than that and set some funds aside to purchase them.

Then the announcement of the original plan came and my excitement was dashed. They are not doing ANY account bound mounts?! I have to grind bams for EACH character I want a dragon for?! One of the two colors ONLY comes from PVP?! Which one?! I don't do PVP and I really wanted the black one.

Next I watched the Friday twitch stream where Spacecats explained how everything was going to work and I actually got excited again. Spacecats was able to sell me completely on that system. The grind was not so bad and I was looking forward for getting guildmates together for dragon hunting parties! The black dragon I really wanted was the PVE bam killing and I was even thinking about dabbling in PVP for the first time ever to get one red one! I was all hyped and could not wait until the Tuesday patch!

Patch day! The servers are up!! I grab my bam killer and jump out to the Isle of Dawn! Ummm I have completed my three vanguards and not a single token drop. Is this a bug? Is the drop rate supposed to be this bad? I go looking for anyone who has won a battle ground, Have you gotten any tokens? No?! It must be a hideous bug. After about two or three HOURS of this we get the announcement: 'opps no! Dragons in the store not the game, and we are not doing the pan we told you anymore. More info later. *maybe*'.

THAT is what grieves me the most about this entire thing. I simply cannot believe that EME didn't know that their plan had been yanked before they were putting the patch in. THAT is when you need to make an announcement to the community, BEFORE the servers come up. You do not let the players find it out for themselves THEN give an announcement after the fact.

-_-
    and emotionally I'm like BETRAIL

Now to be sure here, I do not care AT ALL about the crit buff and the only reason I was ever interested in the royal dragon was the increased movement speed perk and the longer flight time. That is it.

So, we all get cast into some kind of cesspool limbo of waiting for half a month or so.

Monday, we get the announcement of what we now have in front of us. Emotionally lots of people are like BETRAIL SONG and I was too for a while.

Then I looked back at everything that happened and I realized if BHS stabbed the players in the back, they only did it through the bodies EME first. I could tell EME was every bit as happy and excited about their original plan as I ended up being. EME was not only stabbed in the back, they are also left to take the brunt of the aftermath as well.

What kind of witchery did EME have to pull off to get non-buffed dragons as account bound mounts? We are the only region that has that. I fully believe that EME was severely up against a wall on this and sincerely did everything they could with what they were allowed to work with. They were all set to run a race, had their legs broken by their coach, and told “NOW RUN!”

In the end, I actually got what I wanted in the first place. Here I sit, on my account bound black dragon, feeling like I got mauled by a rabid wolverine, and I fly out over an emotional battlefield littered with casualties and wounded.

All in all, I am emotionally very confused right now.