[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Iron and Crimson Dragons 10/25/16

Comments

• Meliriel wrote: »
    -The amount of grind required for the free versions is too high and the most frustrating kind of RNG too. Some grind is acceptable in a f2p. "Sure, you can get it free if you grind for 20 hours! Or you could pay a dollar for it". There's a limit when the grind gets too high to be considered acceptable. Combine it with the gear treadmill this kind of game tends to be and the motivation is already at rock bottom.
    Shikine wrote: »
    I don't want TERA on that list :(

If the chance of getting 1 of the 2 dragons was 100% and the only RNG was the chance of getting one of the colors, I wouldn't complain about this kind of grind, because the amount of grind for the free version is not that bad tbh; but it is ridiculous and frustrating since we are grinding for RNG like @Meliriel said.

@Shikine At least these mounts are not neccesary to progress in the game, and even if they give an advantage in some aspects of the game, they are at least tradable, but the day I see TERA having an item that give an advantage over free players, that day TERA will be dead for me. I find it weird that I don't see Elsword on that list, considering the great amount of P2W aspects of that game.
  • Tenshi1Tenshi1 ✭✭✭✭
    @Spacecats I have an idea for getting the dragon scales
    Don't make them ONLY available in the HM of dgs in the vg reward, but the NM too (Excluding Kalivian's challenge and maybe Channelworks)
  • I didn't like how they implemented the way to get the free dragons, and the communication thing surrounding the dragons, but.........at least those that complained about nothing to do in tera, has plenty to do now. ok, the last part im joking..to a degree. what happened, happened. whats done is done. I hope that things with the game get better and work on rebuilding the trust with the players, cause at this point there is a lot of damage control to be done.
  • Spacecats wrote: »
    Ketoth wrote: »
    So after 23 pages, no reply from EME part about the negative feedback?

I'm collecting a lot of the same feedback from a lot of players. Not just in this thread but in a lot of update and dragon-related threads. Honestly, very few players are giving new ideas or feedback here, and players aren't asking questions about the new system that I can answer, so for the most part there aren't specific comments that require a reply. Saying that, I definitely understand how you guys feel after reading these comments. Your dissatisfaction with the system put in place isn't being ignored, but right now there's no news on this system changing. If there IS some kind of change to the dragon system, I'll make sure you guys see it by creating a new announcement.

Well.. its kind of difficult for the public to build any kind of faith in the publisher team when we make a suggestion as I did here (https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/comment/74101/#Comment_74101) and the thread (that was stickied at the time) suddenly get unstickied and promptly buried with no acknowledgement that an idea had been put forth.

(shrugs) ... oh well.
  • Put dragon tokens and scales in strongboxes and mongo event
  • kubitoid wrote: »
    video games shouldnt be for self-satisfaction. there are other things for this out there. i wont name them because.... i just will not.

Cry moar :awesome:
  • Farmable dragons are a myth, you simply cannot get them that way, so you guy might as well just give up on them, not mention the 'farmable' versions are also weaker versions of the mount. You need 50 scales to get one damn egg, 50 scales takes like a week to get. A week of daily farming to get around 5% chance to get dragon OR 95% chance to get a useless claw. Why useless? Because you need 8 claws to turn it into egg - 8*50 = 400 scales (or better yet: ~ 2 months), to get a small chance to get... crippled dragon OR 2 claws...

Basically your chance to get a farmable crippled dragon, farming daily for a half a year is around 10%. GG.
  • i was waiting for a patch to farm dragons but ever since this bs patch hits, i've stopped playing.

As for me, if the company wants me to pay for stuffs, they need to show their worth first.

As a non-dungeon player, there is exactly nothing to do right now cos i definitely won't upgrade gears for a 2 hours per week CU that i can't even guarantee i can attend.

But i know things won't change cos there are too many stupid p2w players in this game. P2W players, you are exactly the reason why this game is getting worst.
  • Tenshi1Tenshi1 ✭✭✭✭
    WG7WWET5R3 wrote: »
    Put dragon tokens and scales in mongo event
    I second this. This would be cool

Of course there wont be enough time in this one, but if they decide to do others, definitely would be nice :)

• KetothKetoth ✭✭✭✭
    Or give 1 dragon scale for every 1 day of gametime, so dedicated players will get 100-200 scales
  • metagamemetagame ✭✭✭✭
    throwing 1-3 scales into calendar rewards would be pretty cool as well
  • Valkala wrote: »
    This is disgusting. I'll be sure to let everyone I know what a new low EME has reached.

you do realize that this wasnt EME's doing right? blame BHS, EME fought for us
    This is disgusting. I'll be sure to let everyone I know what a new low EME has reached.

don't worry they probably don't know anyone.

You're the one that doesnt realise that EME gives no [filtered].
  • XaeraXaera ✭✭✭
    Xaera wrote: »
    Spacecats wrote: »
    Ketoth wrote: »
    So after 23 pages, no reply from EME part about the negative feedback?

I'm collecting a lot of the same feedback from a lot of players. Not just in this thread but in a lot of update and dragon-related threads. Honestly, very few players are giving new ideas or feedback here, and players aren't asking questions about the new system that I can answer, so for the most part there aren't specific comments that require a reply. Saying that, I definitely understand how you guys feel after reading these comments. Your dissatisfaction with the system put in place isn't being ignored, but right now there's no news on this system changing. If there IS some kind of change to the dragon system, I'll make sure you guys see it by creating a new announcement.

Alright then, @Spacecats , I will think of as many things as I possibly can that would make the system more pleasant. Some of which could be used in tandem. Mix and match. I will try to make them fair for all parties, because the current situation is fair really only to BHS. Since this plan is here to stay, let's brainstorm on how to make it infinitely more tolerable.

I do have a question though. For the rng boxes one saves up claws and scales for, what is the EXACT % of getting a dragon?

Ideas:

- Add more ways to obtain the 50 dragon scales. There are many options. Make them purchasable with vanguard credits and pvp credits. Or Federation Bills. Make final bosses of dungeons drop a couple. Give like a 1/30 chance of the t1 bams dropping one, the t2 ones 1/20, and t3 ones 1/10. Maybe make them a reward for Queueing for a dungeon. All of these could be applied, or just a couple.

- Decrease the amount of dragon scales needed. Just to 40 would make a pleasant difference, combined with the above stuff. If alone, maybe 30.

- Make the farmable ones better. You don't have to bump the 1.5 up all the way to 2.0, BUT adding weaker versions of the other aspects, as well as making it 1.75 would be way more fair. That extra .25 and weaker movement speed buff etc. (which I think the normal version doesn't have) would make these seem SO much more worth it, while keeping the cash shop ones still there for the hardcore, as they'd still have a leg up. Still a difference, but one I for one would be far less upset about.

- IIRC, witch each 50 dragon scales, you get 1 dragon claw, and ones needs 8 dragon claws to get another go. I suggest lowering the dragon claw number to 5, and making it DEFINITE to give you a dragon, would be a lot more reasonable, while still making us farm a lot. A cap on the farming would be a godsend.

- Let us choose which dragon to get! Even just doing so between iron and crimson would make MANY people happy.

- Make it so either the claws and scales or the dragons themselves are bankable. They don't need to be tradeable, but AT LEAST make them bankable so healer mains can get them with their alts, like healers often have to do for farming, to my understanding.

-You said you wanted to reward veteran players, but was it because you weren't sure how? Maybe a scale could be awarded for each day you've played on that character, since it tells us down in the corner the total number of hours we've played on them (converted to days), or one (or two) for each month since we first signed up for Tera. Either way, the longer you've played, the more of a head start you are awarded. Personally, I'd go with a month since you signed up, since that is equally fair to casual and hardcore alike. :3 If server side and not just client side can keep track of it, that is. Oh, or it could be done via our account (I imagine that can keep track), and sent to us how emp stuff and code stuff are.

- I think the above is all super reasonable for BHS, still enticing people to buy dragons, but at least making them REASONABLE to farm. One bonus thing would be to lower the price and/or increase the chance of getting the store royal dragons. Because as is, this is overkill. I don't find this option to be as reasonable for your end though, and as lovely as it would be, it would be asking too much. Now, flash sales of the boxes could be fun and beneficial. Just randomly have a big sale on royal dragon loot boxes for a couple hours from time to time. This'd make it easier for people to buy them, and hopefully lower their price on the broker. A permanent price drop so soon wouldn't be fair to those who already bought one for themselves, but random sales wouldn't be so bad.

All in all, I think it would be fair enough for all parties to take 30 to a max of 45 days of hard farming (on a single char) to earn a dragon. Not ideal, but a lot better than it is now.

If anyone would like to add to these, you may.

Come on, @Spacecats , a response would be nice. I put a lot of thought into this. You said you wanted specific suggestions, and I gave some. So some sort of reply would be appreciated.