Fraywind is now equalized

Comments

• The issue was definitely raised by the Player Council and EME is aware of the issue (and they've replied about this before).

Mind to quote.
  • edited November 2016
    MW54WC5MC9 wrote: »

The issue was definitely raised by the Player Council and EME is aware of the issue (and they've replied about this before).

Mind to quote.

From this post: "We're passing a lot of feedback on to Bluehole in regards to the FWC changes, dragons, and other content that was changed in Spellbound." That was reinforced in another Player Council thread dealing specifically with this PvP issue. So, at the very least, they are aware.
  • edited November 2016
    Immisively wrote: »
    It's counterproductive to keep bumping threads and trying to @ people to bait them into replying. If they do reply to the threads as a result of the incessant pings, it will just mean that everyone will get the message that they need to bump threads and @ the staff repeatedly to get attention, which will make it even less likely the staff will ever be able to look at their notifications since they'll be overrun with meaningless pings. For notifications to be useful, people have to use them sparingly/judiciously.

The issue was definitely raised by the Player Council and EME is aware of the issue (and they've replied about this before).

Its not counterproductive its called being proactive. Last thing that these people want is to hear about how EME never reacted because "they werent aware". We want to be involved and the only way we can be involved is by spreading awareness. Somebody from EME should give out a status update on the situation good or bad news doesnt matter it puts the customer at ease knowing that they are actually working on it still instead of moving on to something else.

Yes, they should give status updates for things. I've been arguing for that for a long time. (Part of actually having the bug list visible is to help with this, for example.)

But bumping threads and @ spamming people is going to have a negative effective. It doesn't actually raise attention to your cause, it just makes you more annoying, and causes everyone else to be more annoying in response to "stand out" amidst the noise. All these @ notices will just mean the staff will never bother clicking their notification list because it'll be spam. Everyone thinks their "cause" is important enough to deserve a direct reply, so we're already seeing that basically every single suggestion thread has a "can I get a comment from the staff? @ everyone". "I really think you should add pink polka-dotted pygmy elephant pets to the game because they're awesome and the game would be way better if we had them. Can I get a comment from the staff? @ producer @ support @ community @ ops @ qa @ ceo @ unrelated-staff @ janitor" (I'm not saying this issue is like that at all, but now that everyone's doing this with all their threads/posts, it's spam.)

But anyway, as I pointed out, they are in fact aware.
  • Immisively wrote: »
    It's counterproductive to keep bumping threads and trying to @ people to bait them into replying. If they do reply to the threads as a result of the incessant pings, it will just mean that everyone will get the message that they need to bump threads and @ the staff repeatedly to get attention, which will make it even less likely the staff will ever be able to look at their notifications since they'll be overrun with meaningless pings. For notifications to be useful, people have to use them sparingly/judiciously.

Its not counterproductive its called being proactive. Last thing that these people want is to hear about how EME never reacted because "they werent aware". We want to be involved and the only way we can be involved is by spreading awareness. Somebody from EME should give out a status update on the situation good or bad news doesnt matter it puts the customer at ease knowing that they are actually working on it still instead of moving on to something else.

Yes, they should give status updates for things. I've been arguing for that for a long time. (Part of actually having the bug list visible is to help with this, for example.)

But bumping threads and @ spamming people is going to have a negative effective. It doesn't actually raise attention to your cause, it just makes you more annoying, and causes everyone else to be more annoying in response to "stand out" amidst the noise. All these @ notices will just mean the staff will never bother clicking their notification list because it'll be spam. Everyone thinks their "cause" is important enough to deserve a direct reply, so we're already seeing that basically every single suggestion thread has a "can I get a comment from the staff? @ everyone". "I really think you should add pink polka-dotted pygmy elephant pets to the game because they're awesome and the game would be way better if we had them. Can I get a comment from the staff? @ producer @ support @ community @ ops @ qa @ ceo @ unrelated-staff @ janitor" (I'm not saying this issue is like that at all, but now that everyone's doing this with all their threads/posts, it's spam.)

But anyway, as I pointed out, they are in fact aware.

If janitor reply then that would be something without presedence.
  • Fraywind needed some type of equalization when everyone had slaughter and a handful had +15 full imp and were just winning over and over over and over and over with no one to contest... but that should be a team gear balance or an item level balance IMO.
  • KoikoiKoikoi ✭✭✭
    Lets see why are these @ mentions important......

90% of the people in this thread and other threads like it are on the verge of quitting over the destruction of pvp. They keep posting on here looking for a shred of hope that MAYBE eme can fix this before we jump ship. It has been what 3 weeks? What progress has been made?

Its funny because the slippery slope argument can work for anything. Like say for example when over 300 pvpers quit this game because EME hasnt solved this problem how long do you think the 700 or so players not affected will stay in the game?

EXACTLY THIS.

This is why I keep checking this thread every day. This is why I login for a FEW minutes a day.

I'm sitting on the side right now deciding if I keep waiting for EME/BHS to fix this or just say goodbye.

• edited November 2016
    For the sake of the argument, is changing FWC back to unequalized really going to fix the problem entirely, or are there other complications that compound the situation?

I clearly remember there was at least a year or two when Fraywind never popped at all for anyone because the rewards were bad and there was no reason for anyone to do it, even though they claimed to enjoy it. It was actually only in recent patches that the tables turned on it. The state of PvP feels like a rollercoaster over the years mostly because the PvP community here is so different than K-TERA. The last patch family before this one was basically the only time for years that we haven't had a ton of PvP complaints.
  • For the sake of the argument, is changing FWC back to unequalized really going to fix the problem entirely, or are there other complications that compound the situation?

I clearly remember there was at least a year or two when Fraywind never popped at all for anyone because the rewards were bad and there was no reason for anyone to do it, even though they claimed to enjoy it. It was actually only in recent patches that the tables turned on it. The state of PvP feels like a rollercoaster over the years mostly because the PvP community here is so different than K-TERA. The last patch family before this one was basically the only time for years that we haven't had a ton of PvP complaints.

It's because here, the PvP comunity, is only a P2W comunity, meanwhile K-Tera is a PvP comunity.
  • aeee98aeee98 ✭✭✭✭
    For the sake of the argument, is changing FWC back to unequalized really going to fix the problem entirely, or are there other complications that compound the situation?

It's because here, the PvP comunity, is only a P2W comunity, meanwhile K-Tera is a PvP comunity.

Surprise, our PvP community was larger than KTera's
  • KoikoiKoikoi ✭✭✭

If they put in the mats for vm7 like they did vm6 why wouldn't it pop as before?

The EQ is what killed it before, it's killed it again and weeks have gone by and no revert or change.

It's depressing tbh.
  • edited November 2016
    Koikoi wrote: »
    If they put in the mats for vm7 like they did vm6 why wouldn't it pop as before?

Again, just for the sake of being able to provide a good suggestion, what mats would you put on which merchant and what would be a guess at a fair amount of credits for each?
  • KoikoiKoikoi ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016

Again, just for the sake of being able to provide a good suggestion, what mats would you put on which merchant and what would be a guess at a fair amount of credits for each?

The equiv of last patch would be fine. It worked once UNEQ, why wouldn't it again?

I have to stress the UN EQ part. There are many reasons why EQ will kill it even with good mats in the store.
  • aeee98 wrote: »

Surprise, our PvP community was larger than KTera's

A P2W comunity doesn't count as a PvP comunity.
  • Koikoi wrote: »

The EQ is what killed it before, it's killed it again and weeks have gone by and no revert or change.

It's depressing tbh.

stop acting its equalized gear that killed fwc... it would have been the same outcome even with non-equalized... it just so happen the changes happened at the same time that made people blindly believing it was the gear fault instead of other issues.

I really hope they revert it back to non-equalized with no changes in merch or rewards just to prove my point.
  • KoikoiKoikoi ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016

It's depressing tbh.

stop acting its equalized gear that killed fwc... it would have been the same outcome even with non-equalized... it just so happen the changes happened at the same time that made people blindly believing it was the gear fault instead of other issues.

I really hope they revert it back to non-equalized with no changes in merch or rewards just to prove my point.

Days, weeks? before this patch hit you already had people on the forum complaining about the EQ gear because of EU patch notes. No one knew what rewards/shop would look like at that point for us they were worried about the GEAR.

If the 20+ threads regarding the EQ gear doesn't tell you something, idk what to say.