[TERA PC] Summersilk season is here! Pick up Summersilk Robes in the TERA store until August 3. Plus, earn a free Summersilk Robe in our leveling event: https://bit.ly/TERA_summersilk
[TERA Console] To celebrate the launch of the Awakening update, participate in the Awakening Leveling Event! Details: https://bit.ly/awkn_events
[TERA Console] Server maintenance to deploy the v84.03 hotfix is scheduled for 7~11 p.m. PT on Monday, July 13, 2020. This hotfix should improve upon issues with frequent crashes and blue screens. Patch notes: https://bit.ly/v84_03_patch

Fey Forest

Not really a new player, but was thinking of switching my main over to a new sever.

Mainly, I hear there is a lack of tanks on Fey Forest, and I've met a couple of charming people from FF, and was wondering if that statement was valid?

I main a Lancer, so I'm wondering what the community is like over in FF and if I should even bother moving or stay where I am at (MT).

Thanks. :)

Comments

• I'm on FF. I see lots of slayers and ninjas. Gunners too. I've only seen 1 other brawler, my main is a berserker and I'm the only one I've seen. I couldn't tell you what a lancer even looks like as I haven't come across one yet.
    I don't see anyone on chat. I don't know if this is normal or not. I have had no interaction with another player in the two weeks I've been playing.
    I don't know if that's indicative of the server or the game. It's not right tho at any rate. I play Celtic Heroes on my phone where there isn't TS or anything and I'm always grouping up to take out a boss or chatting or something but like I said so far here it's not so much.
    Understand that I'm mid game so maybe everybody else is too busy rushing to the cap to create connections w other players or whatever. Maybe your experience would be different.
  • ShikineShikine ✭✭✭✭
    I'm on FF. I see lots of slayers and ninjas. Gunners too. I've only seen 1 other brawler, my main is a berserker and I'm the only one I've seen. I couldn't tell you what a lancer even looks like as I haven't come across one yet.
    I don't see anyone on chat. I don't know if this is normal or not. I have had no interaction with another player in the two weeks I've been playing.
    I don't know if that's indicative of the server or the game. It's not right tho at any rate. I play Celtic Heroes on my phone where there isn't TS or anything and I'm always grouping up to take out a boss or chatting or something but like I said so far here it's not so much.
    Understand that I'm mid game so maybe everybody else is too busy rushing to the cap to create connections w other players or whatever. Maybe your experience would be different.

Did you reach level 65?
    If not, then it is normal. People level through dungeons and battlegrounds, mostly idling in Velika or Highwatch.
    Since you can make private channels for your friends etc., or just use guild and party chat not many things are going on in normal chat.
    Global is cancer as always.

When you reach level 65 and use lfg (not instance matching) and get to know the people on your server, you can join a guild suited for you and start making friends.
    The leveling process to lvl 65 and the early gearing state is a lonely thing if you dont have a friend to play with you, but since its done in a few days people dont wait for each other. :)

As for how to be a decent player, TERA is not so easy, so read some guides and look for a guild.
  • xvctxvct ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    FF priest player here. Been active in the triple drop event since it started, and yes, every LFG is looking for a tank.. for any dungeon difficulty tbh. From LKNM to RMHM.

Personally, I've been farming 4 and 5-star dungeons for the past ~1.5 days (around 10pm - 7am CST), and my party has had to wait 20+ mins to an hour repeatedly to find a tank for the harder content. And the tanks that we do have - they're kept really busy as soon as they log in!

Community-wise, I'm not so sure. Since all the major PVP guilds decided to merge and thus kill fun and friendly competition, I've been getting into PVE, and so far it's been pretty nice crowd. Some chill folks willing to split VM design drop profits too.