[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

2 Better Events for TERA since f2p :D

I am, as some others, a lover and I'm playing TERA since it is F2P, and mention two events that I liked more:
* Level 58 upgrade event
https://tera-forums.enmasse.com/forums/general-discussion/topics/Level-Up-Test-Event-Limited-Chance-for-a-Free-Level-58-Character-94757
*Mongos (no mandragora, cuz are not all day event)
http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/introducing-tera-mongo-july-21-31

I am addicted of TERA

PD: I know some people will agree with me cuz have not all day for play, i can play like 2-3 hours only per day (Newborn came <3 and many Office hours)

PLEASE BRING THIS EVENTS AGAIN :D

tumblr_static_94zqk4shwqgwgog4k4w8cg48s.jpg

Comments

• i would love to have mongo events again, but 2013 events i dont mention about that events since i wasnt here but interesting...
  • I think Mongo being *Pokemon Go* ripoff had a potential, but abused like people ask it to be is wrong. For the event, I liked the idea of long ago BAM event (about 2013 I think), where it encouraged people to actually do something else than boring PVP and/or PVE farming and explore the world a littlebit. Also by the fact that it was cross server event, aka required BAM kill all over Tera NA and not only specific server stuff. I know, most of CH are in MT and AV as well, so who cares about cross server event? well, people go on their favorite server to play with friends.
    In general I'm against double and triple drop, but those are good patch up event for QQ people crying for compensation.

Also I think Tera has many event all year long to entertain a few of us, Rootstock, Sun Festival, Christmas event, etc. (not speaking of Halloween... because screw cannon mini game with no reward... WTB new halloween festival next year plz)
  • The best event was the Bam killing event.
  • KetothKetoth ✭✭✭✭
    Mongos killed economy while levelup made IMS dungeons are hell. Nice events choices

I also agree with Soffyasd, BAM killing was one of the best, if not the first
  • 2014 Bam Killer Event #1

• the BAM killer event was the best, i'd love to see it again :3
    i wasn't here for mongos sadly so i can't say anything abt that but i really enjoyed the mandragora event. especially the little unexpected ending and getting wiped by spider goo on that bridge lmao
  • ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    To me the best events in TERA so far that should be repeated constantly through the year are:
    - Kyras Potion shack 2016 Valentines Edition
    - TERA Mongo 2016
    - TERA Mongo Neon

I agree that the BAM Killer was a really nice event. Unfortunately it may not come back, as this event used unique tokens, which EME stated many times that will not be usable again. I may be the only one who remembers, but at first, people did not liked the event. They kept complaining that the milestones were unreachable, when all they did was sit in Highwatch afk letting a minority do the job instead of helping to reach the milestone, so it did caused a lot of negativity: Players who wanted a free ride against players who worked for the milestone.

The level 58 promo was a one time deal for new players to get right into the action instead of having to go through all the leveling. Once again, unfortunately, this event caused more problems than actual good feedback. Some players who went through the leveling kept complaining non stop about the new players who got a lvl 58 character, not being able to play at their level cause simply they skipped all the leveling and training for their skills, hence they did not know how to use their class since they never bothered on testing their skills and combos. Another thing this caused in the long run, was players making level 1 alts before the deadline, just to save the name for later sale. It caused major rage from a lot of players who truly wanted to use a name that was taken by these name sellers, and the only way for them to use em was to pay em 500k for a name, ridiculous. Worse thing, the name would not be available straight away since a level 58 character takes a few hours to be deleted, which led to scams.
    Conclusion, i do not think we will have another lvl 58 promo again, and is better this way.

In the end, no matter how good an event is, there will be a lot of people who will complain about it, saying stuff like it ruins economy, or it only benefits veteran players, the rich gets rich and the poor stays poor, etc.

The point of the event, and this is my personal opinion, is to enjoy it. Enjoy it alone or with friends, if you like it you will participate from it and benefit from it while having fun. That is the main point of events to me.
  • edited November 2016
    Zoknahal wrote: »
    I may be the only one who remembers, but at first, people did not liked the event. They kept complaining that the milestones were unreachable, when all they did was sit in Highwatch afk letting a minority do the job instead of helping to reach the milestone, so it did caused a lot of negativity: Players who wanted a free ride against players who worked for the milestone.
    Yeah, I was thinking the exact same thing. Most people hated the BAM Killer event in practice. It had a lot of good promo work by EME and was well-presented (that video, the web presence, all over social media/the forums, etc.), but people complained a lot about the gameplay. EME kept easing the kill counts so that people could hit the reward tiers because the rewards were more tuned towards group participation rather than individual participation. I still think the event was fun on the whole and it was a good effort, but if they're going to do it again, they'd probably have to make a bunch of changes to address some of the problems/lessons learned.

And yeah, levelup will never happen again. It was just a test EME ran of the script/methodology that would eventually become the Level 58 Scroll sold on the cash shop (now the Level 60 Scroll). Now that they're selling the scroll, they won't devalue it in this way (and cause the issues you mentioned). It was just a one-time thing.
  • SpacecatsSpacecats ✭✭✭✭✭
    For those of you around for BAM Killer, what did you like most about the event? The tiered merchant rewards? The goal of killing a bunch of BAMs? The promo video? Do you have any specific memories that come to mind?
  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Spacecats wrote: »
    For those of you around for BAM Killer, what did you like most about the event? The tiered merchant rewards? The goal of killing a bunch of BAMs? The promo video? Do you have any specific memories that come to mind?
    It was generally a mixture of things, the tiers and having a goal along with some of the rewards being good even if they were mostly cosmetic or for fun.
  • LancerJivaLancerJiva ✭✭✭✭✭

The thresholds that unlocked various ingame events were good:
    Double drop and double bg credits
    Super hyper turbo time (or whatever the event name is, the one that reduces your CD by 85% and gives you fast mana regen)
  • Spacecats wrote: »

I think the biggest plus was that it was a big "production" that really made it feel like all of EME was getting involved to put on something good for the community. The videos, live streams, website updates, engagement from production team, PR/marketing (internal and external), and so on -- it gave a sense of scale that helped to rally people around the event, even if the actual details of the gameplay engagement were a bit weak. It also provided a bit more exposure/visibility to the rest of the EME staff through their involvement. (I think honestly you're doing a good job with this last event to help build up that same sense of scale, but you don't have quite as much support as they did back then.) I think this same sort of "production" is also part of what made the tournaments feel engaging as a community event, whether or not you were participating.

I think the approach with the tiered merchants was also generally good, and as Yamazuki said above, it was good even though most of the rewards were cosmetic. The fact people could choose their own rewards was also good (as you emulated in this most recent event, which I think is great).

I also think a reasonably good solution was found towards letting everyone participate regardless of level by having different BAMs at different level ranges and only counting people who killed them within that level range. I wish there could have been some sort of way of getting a more active count, though (rather than waiting for it to be calculated behind the scenes and posted the next day).

As was said, the biggest issue was keeping this balance between being "personally rewarding" and the group goals that unlocked the tiers, so in the end they had to do a lot of "fudging" to keep everyone happy, which made it even more like "why bother trying so hard, EME will just let us win anyway". So I'm not sure about the group goal thing. It was a cool idea and pretty essential to the way the event was pitched... but it also has some flaws if it feels like "lazy people" are being carried by people who work for the rewards.

Anyway, on the whole, it's certainly one of the more memorable events just because of the production values and how it got everyone in the community rallied around it (even if some of them were complaining about it too).
  • ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭

Various things really, but if i have to choose, i would put in first place the production and in second place the tiered rewards. Why production in first place? Well, a video speaks a lot, and that video was really well made. It was nice to see the majority of the EME team together in the video working on something nice for us, the community, not to mention it was one of those rare times you got to see Chris Lee, CEO of EME, which by now i dont know if he is still the CEO or is there anyone else in charge of that position. Regardless, it was nice to see Chris in the video. An Event where all of the EME TERA team comes together to make something awesome for us, is really the nicest thing one can ask from a publisher of an MMO.

Now as far as the tiered rewards, they served 2 purposes: Profit and Getting together for a common goal. We all wanted to unlock the shops, so everyone who wanted the rewards came together and for the first time in 4 years i have playing TERA, i saw the community working together towards a common goal. No toxicity, no negativity, just a lot of parties in LFG asking to help with BAMS. It joined us. A lot of the chat was all about encouraging messages from many parties to come together and kill BAMs. Even the low level players and newbies were involved in hunting BAMS for the sake of unlocking the shops.

All in all, it was a great idea for an event, and we all would like to see it one more time. There will be some "Free riders" as i mentioned, that is bound to happen, but as long as part of our community can get together for a common goal, and even better, if the GMs pop in once in a while to play with us hunting BAMS, it would be such a success.
  • I miss bam killer, I wanted the race change so much because we could use it in various character for 1 day.
  • Spacecats wrote: »
    It's hard to choose a particular thing I liked most about it, all of it was pretty great.
    The promo video was really well made and memorable, made the event more exciting in a way.
    Having a common goal that any of the community could help achieve (even lowbies) was a really good thing; players were helping each other, forming parties to kill BAMs, and no one was left out due to being a leveling player. It was also nice that max levels couldn't just go mindlessly one-shot basilisks to hit the milestone and had to actually fight level-appropriate BAMs.
    The tiered rewards and unlocking in-game events upon hitting each milestone were really good incentives for people to participate in the event. The Ultra-Hyper-Fire-Turbo-Time was also definitely one of the most fun parts of the event.
    The merchant rewards themselves were good as well. They weren't too much or too little and gave players a choice between rewards, which is always nice. :)