Regarding Instance Reset Scrolls

UPDATE (12/2): To re-iterate, Lilith's Keep and Ruinous manor are not intended to be reset with a regular instance reset scroll both in the previous and current build version.

Because of this, we will be distributing these scrolls through other means, such as rewards for completing dungeons as we've been doing, or as event rewards.

UPDATE (11/18 @ 9:03 a.m. PST): Starting today (11/18) until Monday, November 21 at 11 a.m. PST, scrolls will again drop according to the same logic as the previous weekends. I have also updated the OP with this information.

UPDATE (11/11 @ 8:55 a.m. PST): Starting today (11/11) until Monday, November 14 at 11 a.m. PST, scrolls will again drop according to the same logic as last weekend (see below).

UPDATE (11/04 @ 4:48 p.m. PDT): Jackpot system was busted. We're dropping them off end bosses now. The rules are much the same, but we ditched the 50/50 chance (we only did this as the jackpot system required it):

1) Completion of the following dungeons will grant a reset scroll for Lilith's Keep (Normal):

- Shadow Sanguinary (Normal)
- Demokron Factory (Hard)
- Lilith's Keep (Normal)
- Vault of Kaprima (Normal)

2) Completion of the following dungeons will grant a reset scroll for BOTH Lilith's Keep (Hard) and Ruinous Manor (Normal):

- Lilith's Keep (Hard)
- Sky Cruiser Endeavor (Hard)
- Ruinous Manor (Normal)
- Shadow Sanguinary (Hard)

3) Completion of the following dungeons will grant a reset scroll for Ruinous Manor (Hard):

- Ruinous Manor (Hard)

Scrolls are being distributed as a drop off the end boss in the above dungeons and, upon pick-up, will distribute to all members in the party. All scrolls are bankable but not tradable.

This is a temporary resolution, we're working on a fix for the instance reset scrolls that will at the very least add back those dungeons that were removed from functionality upon release of Spellbound. Beyond this weekend, we'll continue to come up with some creative ways to get scrolls for the new dungeons in your hands.

UPDATE (11/04 @ 12:11 p.m. PDT): We're looking into why it's not working currently on live servers. I'll report back with more info as I have it. If it turns out we can't get it working, we'll find some other method to distribute the scrolls.

UPDATE (11/04 @ 11:18 a.m. PDT): Until Sunday, November 6 at 11:59 p.m. PDT, we'll be distributing reset scrolls for the new dungeons according to the following methods:

1) Completion of the following dungeons will grant a reset scroll for Lilith's Keep (Normal):

- Shadow Sanguinary (Normal)
- Demokron Factory (Hard)
- Lilith's Keep (Normal)
- Vault of Kaprima (Normal

2) Completion of the following dungeons will grant a reset scroll for either Lilith's Keep (Hard) or Ruinous Manor (Normal) at 50/50 chance:

- Lilith's Keep (Hard)
- Sky Cruiser Endeavor (Hard)
- Ruinous Manor (Normal)
- Shadow Sanguinary (Hard)

3) Completion of the following dungeons will grant a reset scroll for Ruinous Manor (Hard):

- Ruinous Manor (Hard)

Scrolls are being distributed as a jackpot at a 100% chance. All party members will receive the scrolls as a parcel delivery following successful completion of the dungeon. All scrolls are bankable but not tradable.

We are currently discussing with the developers the situation around instance reset scrolls. While it was by design that the new dungeons could not be reset using existing scrolls upon release of Spellbound (in the sense that these are the build's default settings and it is with these settings the build was shipped globally), we understand this is not the norm in our version, so we're exploring what can be done to improve the situation in response to player feedback. This might include distributing dungeon-specific reset scrolls in the context of an event or giveaway or it might mean allowing the existing scrolls to reset the new dungeons in the build. Any solution would include dungeons that could previously be reset pre-patch (SS, SSHM, DF, and DFHM) as well as LK and RM.

I'll report back with any new information, timing, etc. once I have it. We are approaching this with urgency and will take some form of action in a short timeframe.

Comments

• You clear dungeon RMHM, you get RMHM reset ticket, nontradeable.
  • :) smile boys
  • Yes please. Clear a dungeon and get that specific dungeon entrance NONTRADEABLE.
  • edited November 2016
    You clear dungeon RMHM, you get RMHM reset ticket, nontradeable.

Kanayuu wrote: »
    Yes please. Clear a dungeon and get that specific dungeon entrance NONTRADEABLE.

While the usual one reset being able to reset ALL the dungeons would be ideal, I imagine many people would find the above good enough, should the first option simply not be an option.

And EME, thank you SO much for trying to fix this!
  • It should have a 5 hour cooldown and elite versions too.
  • edited November 2016
    I have over 1000 instance reset scrolls from lootboxes now they are all worthless. GG. If they are not going to function like normal then remove them from loottable and guarantee prize so more people don't get screwed out of money
  • Elinu1 wrote: »
    I have over 1000 instance reset scrolls from lootboxes now they are all worthless. GG. If they are not going to function like normal then remove them from loottable and guarantee prize so more people don't get screwed out of money
    same problem here, such waste if they are not going to function like normal ..

• give on merchant resets omg new content no runs to make =[
  • Awesome news, thank you! If you take the approach of adding a reset item to loot like some people have suggested and it's not a 100% chance drop in the actual dungeon its used for, please make them tradeable. No one was happy about non-tradeable tickets during Dreadspire 2 and it was changed because it worked poorly.
  • Don't fix what wasn't broken I don't know what you're thinking
  • edited November 2016
    For as much as I wanna be optimistic about this, I cant help remember what them did with their "Promise" of not make the 2x dragon be a "cash shop only" thing, and look what we got =)

I can already see a "do said dungeon 10 times to get enough token to get a chance for a reset scrolls for said dg" or something around those lines. Lets just hope im wrong =)
  • edited November 2016
    allowing the existing scrolls to reset the new dungeons in the build. .

This is the way to go in my opinion, not letting the elite reset scrolls nor the regular reset scrolls go to waste, saves players one [filtered] of a headache trying to farm the new reset scrolls too. Not to mention it will take up inventory spaces etc (though the latter does not seem to matter much but it should be considered as one of the inconvenience)
  • So what we gonna do with Elit reset scrolls and normal reset scrolls? U.u Like other ppl I have around 200 scrolls :( .
  • Thank you for the info, please keep up the hard work :)
  • Please no RNG system for a hotfix though.