[PC] Maintenance is now complete. Thank you for your patience!

Building my First PC!

Hello!
It's my first time venturing into building a PC . I know nothing about building PC's but from what I've researched it seems that Intel Core i5 seems to be much better than the i3... that's about all I know! (-.-) I'm looking for something cheap but that will give me 60fps~ish . I want to know what good parts I should buy since Black Friday and Cyber Monday are approaching I want to spend less so I can get a monitor + keyboard etc.
My budget is around 500-600.
Also, include into the price the cost of Windows 10 / 8.1 !
Thank you very much! =)

Comments

• YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Due to the cost of Windows you'll sometimes be better off buying a pre-built desktop when it comes to low cost desktops.
  • HeruvimHeruvim ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    My recommandation is the following, if you want more performance in this price range, then you have to give up original windows, and go for a pirated one, if you don't wanna do that then you have to sacrifice performance in CPU or GPU area, in my opinion u should give up the windows for now and get the following, you can get original windows in the future without sacrificing the pc's performance now.
    http://pcpartpicker.com/list/kp8x2R

-i5 6500 3,2ghz, quad core processor, a very good cpu for gaming
    -8Gb of ram ddr4, if you feel the need you can add anytime more, the motherboard allows it
    -Motherboard Chipset B150 , well-equiped,comes with 4 ram slots, 6 sata 3 ports.
    -1TB HDD from WD
    -DeepCool Kendoman case, a very decent case for this price, it comes with 5 pre-installed fans, giving the case a nice airflow
    -Power source from seasonic, 620w, certified bronze, more than enough to sustain your system, even if you would upgrade it in the future.
    -GTX 1050ti from msi, 4gb memory, this card is similar to GTX 960 in performance,but slighty better, i own the 960 and im able to play games like witcher 3 maxed out at 40fps on 1080p, so you get the idea.

If you have any other questions feel free to pm me.
  • My advice, save up your money to buy better parts.
  • Heruvim wrote: »
    My recommandation is the following, if you want more performance in this price range, then you have to give up original windows, and go for a pirated one, if you don't wanna do that then you have to sacrifice performance in CPU or GPU area, in my opinion u should give up the windows for now and get the following, you can get original windows in the future without sacrificing the pc's performance now.
    http://pcpartpicker.com/list/kp8x2R

-i5 6500 3,2ghz, quad core processor, a very good cpu for gaming
    -8Gb of ram ddr4, if you feel the need you can add anytime more, the motherboard allows it
    -Motherboard Chipset B150 , well-equiped,comes with 4 ram slots, 6 sata 3 ports.
    -1TB HDD from WD
    -DeepCool Kendoman case, a very decent case for this price, it comes with 5 pre-installed fans, giving the case a nice airflow
    -Power source from seasonic, 620w, certified bronze, more than enough to sustain your system, even if you would upgrade it in the future.
    -GTX 1050ti from msi, 4gb memory, this card is similar to GTX 960 in performance,but slighty better, i own the 960 and im able to play games like witcher 3 maxed out at 40fps on 1080p, so you get the idea.

If you have any other questions feel free to pm me.

This is pretty much what i have build myself not long ago, just got 8gig memory more and i can vouch for this being a decent gaming pc.
    Especially the motherboard in that price range was the only one with dd4 memory availiable (or atleast in my country).
  • null
    I see. In my city there's a micro center and I heard they can match the price from amazon so I'll probably try your built out. I don't need something super powerful just something that won't give me [filtered] 10fps on dungeons =_=. Ty all