[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Fang & Feather is Coming!

124»

Comments

• Ponilover wrote: »
    Rapid fire is still OP.

You mean that skill that is unusable unless you have a ping of 50ms or less?

• mruggeri2mruggeri2
    edited November 2016
    kubitoid wrote: »
    mruggeri2 wrote: »
    You mean that skill that is unusable unless you have a ping of 50ms or less?
    idk with 180-200 ping its still very useful. final salvo as its now is most useless skill in tera

It's really not man.You have a huge loss in DPS if you use Rapid Fire with 180-200 ping in boss fights,since the time you spend firing all the 8 shots is higher than the time you spend casting RoA,Radiant Arrow or Penetrating Arrow,skills that do much more damage.
    Rapid Fire is a really good skill with low ping,since it fires the 8 arrows really fast and do a good amount of damage,but it isn't worth it with high ping since the firing rate becomes really slow.
    Final Salvo is far from useless.The utility of Final Salvo is not for its damage,but for the animation cancel of the huge recoil of Radiant Arrow/Penetrating Arrow/Thunderbolt.Archer would be much more vulnerable and with much slower DPS without it.
  • actually ping of 90ms or less. sometimes i shoot it fine on 120ms
    but its not really eme's choice to what gets buffed i imagine ktera has no ping problems and making the skill useful.
    however with this patch just comming and our ddos and server stability issues it feels like a dead buff. haha
  • edited November 2016
    rapidfire is a ping favoring skill... and game breaking skill at that... tbh such skill should never exist in the game or be better utilized with no ping relation... both gunner and ninja use the same concept...

it takes literally 2 seconds to fire all shots on low ping why not make it a tick skill instead of pissing over the people who don't have the luxary line or live near your servers...
  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    rapidfire is a ping favoring skill... and game breaking skill at that... tbh such skill should never exist in the game or be better utilized with no ping relation... both gunner and ninja use the same concept...

it takes literally 2 seconds to fire all shots on low ping why not make it a tick skill instead of pissing over the people who don't have the luxary line or live near your servers...

Unfortunately the game is made with Koreans in mind where there's no real ping issues. It would be nice to have all similar abilities just be a single use that kept firing until you moved, or something, rather than being coded as individual casts per shot.
  • I too would rather it be an animation lock firing at a constant speed for all users and be canceled by an i-frame or moving. Something! But please don't make the skill unfair.
  • May Fang & Feather bring good things, finally.

If not, we'd better be prepared for another month of lags, disconnects, server crashes and bugs just as it was after the launch of the CU and Spellbound updates !!!
  • Gib patch notes.

G I B
    I
    B
  • Ah I'm excited =)
  • seraphinushseraphinush ✭✭✭✭
    Using Rapid Fire above 180ms is not recommended at all and i would rather use Restraining Arrow and Penetrating Arrow to filler... unfortunately that also guarantees lower DPS since DPS solely from Rapid Fire at low ping is too significant to ignore- ie. don't Archer at high ping bois.
  • Elinu1Elinu1 Canada ✭✭✭✭
    JM206 wrote: »

Is this ever going to get fixed?

Rapidfire has been ping dependent for years but no one ever cared because it was never used except as a cancel, but with the new update 5% of the population got a huge buff while the remainder 95% got the middle finger and actually got a damage nerf since RF got promoted to a priority skill.

holy necro batman