[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Decreasing Value of Elite Status

Updates and decisions made by Bluehole have negated rewards and perks of Elite Status.

• Daily Bonus Quests
One of the first perks to lose value by nerfs and it doesn't apply to Vanguard Dailies. Its still advertised as an Elite Status perk on the En Masse Store.

• Double Gold Boosts
Gold boosts are pointless since the nerfs to Daily Quests and boosts not affecting Vanguard dailies. And with the removal and lack of #goldsink, gold continues to lose its value each day.

• Valkyon's Response
Dungeon completion reward removed with Spellbound update.

• Rotating in-game mount
Monthly mount turned bi, then biannually and now has not kept up with the times... With the release of flying mounts, we're stuck in the stone age with Goldensurge.

• Combat Boosts
Elite Bravery Potion still has a 1 hour cooldown and is shared with other Bravery Potion. Elite Nostrum is the same item as Prime Battle Solution, which drops like candy and costs about 4 gold each on the Trade Broker.

• Crafter's Cure
Crafting has been neutered.

• Instance Reset Scroll
Its now a known fact that Bluehole made Instant Reset Scrolls bug intential, reset scrolls no longer work on new dungeons and will most likely not work on Harrowhold raid. Reset bug has plagued Tera players since Fate of Arun update and solutions to intended bug has been stalled in discussions for almost a month, hopefully it doesn't take over three months.

• Double Dungeon Entries
Spellbound promo page stated Elite players get double entries.... In Harrowhold promo page, there is no double entry for Elite players.

Over half the Elite Status perks need to be updated, what do you guys think would make Elite Status great again!?

@Spacecats @Denommenator @DonkeyProphet

Comments

• Elinu1Elinu1 Canada ✭✭✭✭
    I just have it for the no broker fees when putting something up for sale
  • i agree, if people are expected to pay a monthly subscription then it should be worth it. 2 years ago, yes it was worth it. elite may be worth it for people that play 12 or more hours a day that have 16 characters and run vangaurds and dungeons for feedstock and gold, and trade broker. other than that, I don't really see it being worth it.
  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    Troyzerk wrote: »
    definitely. Gold doesn't drop in dungeons anymore so pretty much the only thing that elite is useful for is vanguard credits and teleports.

There's also broker fees. Quest gold boost is still useful in some situations, and there's even places where the double gold on pick up is useful as well (this just gets ignored due to the mentality of it being useless). There are things they could add though, there are new nocteniums being added in Korea, I guess it could be apart of Elite for convenience sake. Along with other things that BHS could do, like an account wide broker tab (if that's even possible for them to do). There could probably be a flying mount in place of the current mount if they aren't going to be rotating as well.
  • ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lets add that the Elite status website is still outdated, showing off Razormane instead of Goldensurge. I remember someone from EME saying that updating elite was one of their task. I guess they forgot about it.
  • VysseVysse ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Fixed it for you Troy

Anyways I think that there have been a lot of changes done by BHS that made elite slowly degrade in a way that EME might not have known how to replace. I did suggest awhile back and nocteniums to the bar in some way shape or form.
  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quest gold can be useful to a player that just started the game true. But even then selling the 30 day pass would definitely give you more gold than any quests would ever give, even if you added it all up from all the quests in TERA your average player would do to get to 65. Which, most players go into dungeons anyways. I don't think it would be more than 85k the current elite pass amount. There is really not many quests anyone ever does after they get to 65 and have gotten their middle tier gear.
    It's useful anytime you level a character, it's just useless once you've done the quests that reward gold unless you level more. The value of Elite has always been a matter of what you do, and how much you play anyways.
    Small amounts of gold drop in dungeons that is split up between everyone. I suppose getting double the gold from those drops could add up to a little bit of useful money over the 30d of elite. I remember when it was even worse and dungeons literally dropped ZERO gold. NOTHING! So at least it is possible for it to have a use in end-game now.
    In RMHM the gold isn't that bad, and there are instances you can solo that drop over 100g+ and is the gold from rally dropped? I didn't pay attention when I did that honestly since it appears 4 AM my time and they don't spawn it until nearly 5 AM so I'm usually too tired and the 0 fps thing as well. There's also double/triple drop too that increases gold drops.
    Maybe they could make an Elite Noctenium button? that would be pretty cool or maybe have some little function for elite players to convert into fine noctenium? (untradable version for elites) but make it cheaper to convert? like 200-300 noctenium instead of 400. I like your idea.
    Either just letting you freely click on it for the 10 minutes like the nostrum works, or a discount on converting is fine as well. Either one is good for both the Elite and non-Elite players as it would mean nocteniums drop in price, similar to the scrolls pre-patch being nearly free that there wasn't an excuse to not have one even if you weren't Elite.
    I don't know why it pasted like this sorry.
    Quoting system isn't as good as it is on some other platforms, unfortunately.
  • EndevaEndeva ✭✭✭✭✭
    definitely. Gold doesn't drop in dungeons anymore so pretty much the only thing that elite is useful for is vanguard credits and teleports.

Also having one extra dungeon run for most dungeons as well. I forgot to add that. Aside from those three things that only take a few hundred gold pieces a day if you play a lot, Elite Status advertisement is about as accurate as No Man's Sky advertisements :D and NMS is being investigated for false / misleading adds :awesome:

I agree that gold boosts also have lost value but a bigger issue is the lack of goldsinks to counter the influx of gold from Vanguard dailies (which boosts do not affect).
  • They could just sell mwa like good old times.

Or they could put an npc that sells costumes at gold prices.

I wonder if they will use the Calendar System to add an Advent Calendar.

I think they changed the Elite Mount like 4 times since Elite is a thing, 1 was the White Lion, 2 The Armored Horse, 3 A Kuma and the Actual Horse, not putting at least a flying llama is pure evil.
  • @kubitoid and @vkobe need your opinion please :awesome:
  • Yeah I agree elite status needs a bit of an update. Alot of the current elite perks aren't really useful, so having things added that are relevant for each patch/update would be nice
  • It would be pretty nice if they brought back the monthly elite gifts. I miss getting random costumes or elite gem bags every month for renewing my elite.
  • CezzareCezzare ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Also, I don't know if that's intended, but I'm no longer receiving the valkyon response (the parcel reward) after clearing a dungeon through IMS.
  • edited November 2016
    I definitely think the Elite Promo Page needs to be upgraded to emphasize the benefits that are useful over those that are less so, but even then I find Elite at least as valuable as it ever has been, even if these specific benefits are less useful than before. I think the main value proposition is:

1. No broker listing fees -- this alone pays for everything else if you use it
    2. Double Rep/Entries -- even if it doesn't apply to the new raid, it's still significant for the rest of the game
    3. Convenience -- teleport and buff items available at any time

I think the fact that it is possible to get along in the game without it is actually a good thing (unlike some games where the F2P mode is so gimped that it's punishing), but I definitely prefer to play with Elite on.

That said, in terms of improvements, I don't disagree that adding Noctenium is an idea, that they could rotate the mount more (and switch to a flying mount), and change the cooldown on the Bravery Potion. I also feel that they should do a lot more Elite discounts on the store (including more permanent discounts). I would also have Elite double your Reward Credits and Reward Points.

Ginjitsu wrote: »
    Reset bug has plagued Tera players since Fate of Arun update and solutions to intended bug has been stalled in discussions for almost a month, hopefully it doesn't take over three months.
    I don't think discussions are "stalled" -- they said BHS intended it to be changed in a future build, and that was their answer. We'll see if it's changed in next week's build.
  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cezzare wrote: »
    Also, I don't know if that's intended, but I'm no longer receiving the valkyon response (the parcel reward) after clearing a dungeon through IMS.

It was intended, as it was in the patch notes.
    http://tera.enmasse.com/news-page/patch-notes/patch-480402-spellbound
  • Yamazuki wrote: »
    Cezzare wrote: »

It was intended, as it was in the patch notes.
    http://tera.enmasse.com/news-page/patch-notes/patch-480402-spellbound

Oh, you're right, I guess I just missed that line. Yet, it's still in the elite perks list.