[PS4/XB1] Maintenance has completed! Thank you for your patience!

Store and Marketing needs hella improvement, most players aren't happy.

It is a f2p game, so store and marketing is very important, more money can lead to a better game, of coarse that needs more active developer.

Currently store has a huge delay, I know there are many item on the lines, but players have/had to wait hours, some items came to their Item claim in numbers and ate their EMP, can they get their EMP back in time? No, I don't think so. BHS/EME wants to make money out of Lootboxes with nasty RNG which turns many players away from store. Yeah, ofc some rich ppl gonna gamble but we find out that it is not enough, new items and their heavy RNG lootboxes prove us right.

Improve RNG, Store, Marketing. For making money don't milk players, it is not cool. I know it is a f2p game and I don't need to spend a dime but that means no money for developer, no Tera for us later. So improve those please, we wanna participate in this game we like, don't slap us in the face with these issues.

PS: I will come back with suggestions to make this more constructive, my net dcing a lot now :( If you guys got suggestion, share with us for 2017 Tera :)

Comments

• NikuroTegaNikuroTega ✭✭✭✭
    I find it funny when one person says he/she represent "most" players.

The cash shop is optional, as is your descision to play the RNG game on lootboxes. Farm gold and buy EMP off of someone, or buy the desired item off broker. Yes, the RNG may suck for some people, but that's gambling/RNG for you.

As for any delays, perhaps the surge influx of transactions is to blame. "Send in a ticket" is the answer you will get, so it's best to do that if you haven't received your purchase parcels.
  • edited November 2016
    LesbianVi wrote: »
    Currently store has a huge delay, I know there are many item on the lines, but players have/had to wait hours, some items came to their Item claim in numbers and ate their EMP, can they get their EMP back in time?

Just as a test, I tried buying something really cheap with some leftover EMP, and it came in right away, so it doesn't look like there as a delay on the store at the moment. I also don't see a lot of complaints in chat or on the forum considering that it's in the middle of a sale. Are you referring to the few people on the forum who didn't receive their skin after purchasing EMP? Or are you referring to the issue that happened the other day?

Of course things could be improved as far as lootboxes are concerned, and that's a whole other topic, but the way your post is phrased makes it sound like there's some sort of giant technical malfunction at the moment, but it doesn't seem like it from what I can see. If "most people" were having problems like you're describing, there'd be a whole lot more complaints about it (based on past times where we have had these sorts of problems).
  • ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    Better than improving the RNG, i say EME should rework on all of the current loot boxes and future ones, so they have a fail cap just like the Royal Diamond Dragon Box, the Royal Ghost Dragon Box, the Elleon Bravery Box and the Elleon Nobility Box

All 4 of these boxes have a second way to obtain the desired item if you are unlucky enough to not get it from the actual box, and that way is through tokens found in the same box. Most players are willing to spend in between 50 to 100 dollars on loot boxes. Lets play with the lowest amount since people are more attracted to buy stuff it it is cheaper.

Say that each box will have as a guaranteed prize a fail cap token, and you know your players will spend around $50 in that loot box. If you set the amount of tokens needed to be 50 for the jackpot, players will know that after 50 tries if they do not get the jackpot from the box, they simply can use the tokens to get it, so they do not feel they wasted their hard earned money. With this mentality in hand, players will soon spend more knowing that after 50 tries they will get the desired jackpot, and in the way maybe they get lucky and get a 2nd jackpot from the actual box. This ensures that players are happy with the results of the loot box.

If you go RNG method like the dragon boxes, again putting as a limit $50 spend, you gotta tweak the chances at the token and the amounts you get. Getting 1 token in like 10 boxes is no good. I do not know how RNG works, too much for me to handle, but all i gotta say is that setting the chance at tokens as rare as the dragon itself is not a good idea. For an RNG approach, you have to increase the amount of tokens one get, and increase the chance at getting said token from the box, so that when a player spends their $50, they will know that they will have enough tokens to claim the jackpot if they do not get it from the box.

• LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    @counterpoint Yeah I am referring to delays that happened earlier, some people are also having the same problem. Some players which I had contacted with, even regretted buying EMP.

@NikuroTega I am not basing myself, if you really believe that players are happy with the current system, you are one of the few. The current EMP store and RNG boxes are meant to be for few not all, anyone can see that and it is seen clearly. If we treat EMP buyers like that less cash for developer/publisher. And I can clearly see that population of sellers of EMP and buyers has been reduced.
  • edited November 2016
    @counterpoint Yeah I am referring to delays that happened earlier, some people are also having the same problem. Some players which I had contacted with, even regretted buying EMP.
    That's pretty anecdotal. It's hard to convince people to make concrete changes based on "some people someone on the forum contacted said they regretted buying EMP." Why? For what? What was the issue? Did they try to resolve the problem?

The problems I see most often with EMP purchasing is: a) people not realizing they need to restart the launcher after buying an account bound item, b) people having their cards not work due to address mismatches and other issues and thinking mistakenly that they were charged when it was only an authorization that will be reversed, and c) people having misconfigured accounts that need to be fixed for items to be received normally. Things could be improved to alleviate all three of these common issues, but there isn't exactly a rash of them with this sale. It's just that more people are buying so more people are running into the common problems.

The current EMP store and RNG boxes are meant to be for few not all, anyone can see that and it is seen clearly. If we treat EMP buyers like that less cash for developer/publisher.
    All F2P games are actually like this. The percentage of people who spent any money is tiny compared to the overall playerbase, and that's the reality basically no matter what monetization strategy they chose. So this itself is not exactly a problem.

And I can clearly see that population of sellers of EMP and buyers has been reduced.
    Based on what evidence? Based on people offering to sell EMP on Global? Based on the ratio of EMP:Gold going up? I mean, you may or may not be right, but there's no way to actually have the facts about how many people are having EMP, and the evidence people cite for this is often anecdotal as well.

It's better just to stick clearly with what the problem is and how you'd like to be solved.
  • Only thing I dislike about the current shop is the delay in updating EMP.
    But that's trivial to keep track of myself when i'm buying things so all and all its fine.

If you're referring to the delay that happened just the other day. They came onto the forum and said it was a small technical issue causing it and that it was fixed, items were being delivered normally, everything was caught up. Those things happen.

The RNG from boxes, well RNG is a cruel mistress.
    @counterpoint Srsly what evidence? Population of the game, sometimes you gotta ask 2 or 3 days to find an EMP seller. I get that forumers usually cry more but you can't just simply deny the poor store and marketing. Declining the decline is not helping. gotta solve the problems instead of ignoring and defending. and I played f2p games, Why Riot got rich and big as heck? Or why HiRez is getting big and huge and moving forward and Tera is moving backward? I am not saying things are so bad, I say we need improvement and is it really bad? Don't we need it?

Forums currently is defending EME/BHS on various basis or crying out-loud for everything with not much constructive attitude. Balance can help more. that is why I said I come back with suggestions.
  • NikuroTegaNikuroTega ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    @NikuroTega I am not basing myself, if you really believe that players are happy with the current system, you are one of the few. The current EMP store and RNG boxes are meant to be for few not all, anyone can see that and it is seen clearly. If we treat EMP buyers like that less cash for developer/publisher. And I can clearly see that population of sellers of EMP and buyers has been reduced.

Aside from the RNG on high-end lootboxes, and the needed update on old lootbox contents, there really isn't anything else to complain about. You're beating a dead horse, and essentially bashing yourself on the end.
    @counterpoint Srsly what evidence? Population of the game, sometimes you gotta ask 2 or 3 days to find an EMP seller. I get that forumers usually cry more but you can't just simply deny the poor store and marketing. Declining the decline is not helping. gotta solve the problems instead of ignoring and defending.

It's not always cost efficient to sell EMP when there isn't any sales going on in which people may want to sell in bulk. The time, day of the week, and server may be other reasons why it may be difficult to find a seller.

I see EMP sellers on MT Global everyday.
  • I am done buying emp until they add more tiers to the rewards, been tier 10 since the patch came out. I feel there is no point in buying emp if you are tier 10.
    @NikuroTega I am pretty much sure I am not the one on dying horse, it is someone else and we can see that coming in near future if things go this way. You can either deny it or go with it. I try to be something else and find solutions for the problems, or mention them.
  • edited November 2016
    @counterpoint Srsly what evidence? Population of the game, sometimes you gotta ask 2 or 3 days to find an EMP seller. I get that forumers usually cry more but you can't just simply deny the poor store and marketing. Declining the decline is not helping. gotta solve the problems instead of ignoring and defending. and I played f2p games, Why Riot got rich and big as heck? Or why HiRez is getting big and huge and moving forward and Tera is moving backward? I am not saying things are so bad, I say we need improvement and is it really bad? Don't we need it?

Forums currently is defending EME/BHS on various basis or crying out-loud for everything with not much constructive attitude. Balance can help more. that is why I said I come back with suggestions.

This isn't about "defending" anything, but we need to separate out the real problems from the hyperbole. The game's population has a lot more to do with the state and style of the game itself than anything to do with the cash shop. Likewise, the success of Riot and other game companies have a lot more to do with the game than their store. TERA can't pretend that it's like LoL with that sort of mass-market reach and potential; niche games like TERA have to play under different rules. And even with something like LoL, it's no different that the vast majority of players never pay anything.

When you have concrete suggestions about what you think should be done, those suggestions can be judged on their merits. I also think that some thing should be improved about the cash shop, actually. But the arguments you've used so far to support your case are really not convincing.
    @counterpoint not rejecting or denying your points. Also you are right, I get back to this when got better connection and time to give some suggestions I have to make things clearer and better.

Dcing like each 2 mins is annoying meh. My net is [filtered] :( lol
  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016

Do you even know what the population is, or is your 'evidence' also based on your experiences? If you buy EMP often then get a dedicated person that sells only to you, or prioritizes you as a customer. There's a lot of people playing with only a small number who even sell EMP to begin with, there isn't enough EMP sellers for everyone. Either wait in line, or pay more to be a priority customer. It's what I had done.

Riot also has gambling in LoL, their RNG loot boxes is horrible, especially since they give you champions to "unlock" even when you already own all of them, and you can't even dismantle them to be useful as they dismantle things to unlock champions, even though you own them all. Getting the keys is also RNG, which they also sell. Unless it changed recently, I kept getting more boxes than keys, that way it would force you to buy them. On top of that, they have skins from that system, and guess who mostly gets them? The big spending gamblers. Riot also only gets to exist purely off population, with a lower population they would have no money. Tera is not as big as League is, nor do they have one of the biggest companies in the world (Tencent) running them. You're also comparing different genres. Tera is an action combat MMORPG, action combat is less popular even within the MMORPG genre as people still do play more tab targeted based games, in addition to MMORPGs not even doing so well in recent years in the western market. Which is why some of them have been trying so hard to get them on consoles.

I would also like to point out Riot suffered from far more instability issues than Tera has, They were ddosed more often, and had major packet loss issues for years. There was also a period where many East Coast players couldn't play for 6 months, and before their servers would go down for nearly a full day each patch. It took them 5+ years to resolve the connection issue, and only because they have a lot of resources to do so.
  • All I ask is the RNG rate to be posted. South Korea, as well as Japan I think, require this of games that have RNG cashshop items in mmos (albeit through laws). The same needs to happen here.
  • VorlonVorlon ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    I buy a lot of emp each month, but I don't sell my emp. The majority of people who buy emp are people who want to buy an item to relist it at a profit on the trade broker. The way I see it. You buy my items on the trade broker and not my emp.

I also play lol from time to time and I have most of the skins, runes, max talent trees unlock, almost all of the champion unlock on my main account. My main complaint of riot is not releasing more ultimate and legenderies skins for my favorite champions. As for boxes, I don't see the point in grinding for boxes or whatever system LoL implemented. I have ignored the LoL box system. It takes a very long time to unlock anything from the cash shop by the free method. It's so much easier to swip and get whatever you want.

I have an aram smurf account with some skins unlock, but I haven't played it in long time.

My only real complain about the cash shop here in Tera are some of the older rng boxes have outdated non jackpot loot items and the removable of old cash shop items like the pirate, cadet skins, and old mounts. I would have prefer if they return these items at regular intervals through the year.

My biggest complain of all time for Tera NA has to be the non sale of items such as the new korean dances, alice dress, bunny outfits from kr and jp, and any other publisher exclusive items not sold on the NA servers. I dislike this so much. I shouldn't have to mod my game to have access to these items. I don't care if I have to buy twice or triple, but I want to buy them.

I'm big on cosmetic in any game I play.