[KTERA] New Class : Lunar Dancer (temporary name, please read)

Link to translated document : https://docs.google.com/document/d/1w8kLAy7jDH_PVh2LC-rEJT2TgYCbfJJ2ZtJbuDGRFnw/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks to Seraphinush in helping with translation, revising, ideas, localizing etc.
월광무사 (月光武士) ,Literally Moonlight Warrior, but I call it Lunar Dancer.
무사 is what KTERA call Slayer though lol. Expecting combo heavy class.

Has Edge Stacking like Warrior, which KTERA call it 월광흔(月光痕), literally MoonLight Trace, or Mark of Moonlight, but Lunar Scar sounds better (credit to Seraphinush) . It has 7 stacks.

As mentioned earlier, expect it to be combo heavy.

Uses Glaive-- it's really not a spear and there's a difference.

Story is meh.
tl;dr,
> Devan Conquest began
> “Kaia’s sword” asked if Castanics were joining
> Leaders of Castanic : NOPE
> Castanic leaders thought, oh man, we gonna get bullied, and we’ll end up shitting on ourselves
> Moon Clan: Hey I got my best spear user in our clan who’ll go
> Lunar Dancer: yo fam, I’ll go you whimps.
> War begins, Castanics evacuate to Kaiator
> omitted details about war War ended after long battle
> Each race that participated went to their homes.
> Lunar Dancer is proud and happy about returning to her clan.
> (Moon Clan was the only to participate in war amongst the Castanics)
> Other clans jelly af
> returns to village to see if clansmen are safe
> finds out they were massacred by their own race
> Swears on revenge
Typical BHS tragedy always saying stuff about revenge.

Comments

• This is very sweet! thanks for translating and sharing Loriri-senpai and Seraphinush-senpai.

Things I'm liking/loving so far:

* Weapon (glaive/naginata)
    * Castanic race ^^ a +Plus for gender (tho I feel horrible for those hoping for a male class :()

Things I'm hoping to see!

* New castanic idle! (please make it smexy BHS! , Somewhat tired of the 'only' current one)
    * New face/hairstyles
    * Many glaive/naginatas for sale on the fashion store either at release or weeks later
    * Slutty Good looking armor skins!

Things I'm worried about:

* That the class may just end up being too complex to master/play-well for a pleb like me :expressionless:
  • I don't think it is hard to play character since all of skills can be connected (that is what it says in class description).
    Like Reaper, I guess you can just button mash to win the battle and occasionally press button to activate the mark for extra damage.
    But without further details, better wait and see how it goes.
  • the video is here :O
  • By no means do I mean to discredit but the video clearly shows a spear while the regular art shows a glaive/naginata. They probably will have both types as fashion weapons to add diversity, just like how berserkers have war hammers and scythes. :)
  • Idi0ticGeniusIdi0ticGenius ✭✭✭✭✭
    By no means do I mean to discredit but the video clearly shows a spear while the regular art shows a glaive/naginata. They probably will have both types as fashion weapons to add diversity, just like how berserkers have war hammers and scythes. :)

While you can differentiate weapon types by shape, another way to differentiate them is how you use them. Spears typically are used for stabbing and they can be used one hand; however, Glaives are generally used for slashing, and they are generally quite heavy, requiring the wielder to use two hands.

The type of glaive shown in video is actually commonly used in other games as well. For example, Vindictus has a few that are triangular-tipped under their list of Glaives.
  • SchwerpunktSchwerpunkt ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    They may as well just remove the ability to have male characters at this point.
  • They may as well just remove the ability to have male characters at this point.

Yeah... It's pretty sad. It's always disappointing to see yet another race/gender-locked class.
    And I do like castanics, but damn... PLEASE. I wish all the races could access the new classes.
    Sadly fanservice is what sells, and it's easier and faster for them to make the animations for just one race and gender.
  • kubitoid wrote: »
    edit - also, do they plan to put day/night cycle into game at last with this 'moon' class released or not :)

They don't really need to, the moon is always there, just not always visible.
  • here is some info that EU collected togetter https://en.tera.gameforge.com/news/detail/tera-teasing-the-new-class

Since a few days ago, you had the opportunity to discover an initial teaser for a new class for TERA on Nexon’s website. Today, we have gathered some additional information about this new class that we would like to share with you*. Keep in mind that this new class is scheduled for a release next year on our servers. For the curious ones, more infos are available on the KTera website. Enjoy!

Name: TBD
    Starting level: 1
    Starting area: Stepstone Isle
    Race/Gender: Castanic female
    Weapon: Glaive
    Armor: Leather
    Class: Melee attacker

ovYP8rU.png

Character concept:

A female Castanic that swings her “Moonlight Blade (Glaive)” to perform stylish melee attacks.
    She uses her weapon to place “Moonlight shimmers” on her opponents in order to inflict enormous damage on them. (cf. more info “fighting concept” below)

FB6aD71.png

Fighting concept:

Standard combat style:
    This new class fights in a unique way, moving her glaive in the air like a dancing motion.
    She utilizes many fast and chained attacks that place moonlight shimmers on her opponent and hit violently (cf. Moonlight shimmer system).
    Faster than a slayer but slower than a Ninja, she mainly fights at close range and her attacks therefore rely less on thrusts, but more on slashes and skills with limited range.
    In general, two resources are consumed: mana points (for all charged skills) and the new resource: moonlight

U9D9PUQ.png

x6CLEMM.png

Moonlight shimmer system:

During the battle with a monster, moonlight shimmers are placed on its body.
    Up to seven moonlight shimmers can be placed, which disappear after 30 seconds.
    These are only displayed for yourself, so other players cannot see them.
    The ability to let moonlight shimmers explode will deal enormous damage to the target

VBERPiR.png

Appearance

Weapon:

bL3vHg9.png

Armor:

UjJBI92.png

Customization:

NBWfFl2.png

By adding the new class, Castanics will receive those 2 new appearances.

We hope that you enjoyed this preview and are excited for this new class just as we are. We will continue to provide further details in the future, so please stay tuned!

The TERA Team

* Please keep in mind that class details can still change until the release on our servers. The same applies to translated terms.
  • what about any end game content so the players may have something to do in the game itself
  • 4MLKH7KKEE wrote: »
    what about any end game content so the players may have something to do in the game itself

It's in the document in the other topic about this, two new end game dungeons: Velika's Underground Gateway and Velik's Temple; new VM gear, mats and items.
  • Idi0ticGeniusIdi0ticGenius ✭✭✭✭✭
    4MLKH7KKEE wrote: »
    what about any end game content so the players may have something to do in the game itself

We do, but they're just too boring or tedious, most of them end up farming dungeon too. and from what BHS has shown us so far....

yea... i wouldnt expect too much. I'd really like an update on Castle Aranea though, not sure why chapter 2 isnt out yet.
  • 4MLKH7KKEE wrote: »

It's in the document in the other topic about this, two new end game dungeons: Velika's Underground Gateway and Velik's Temple; new VM gear, mats and items.

Well it is the same with every patch, I would like more things to do and better loot, but that is just dreams I guess cos only 2 dung and 2 new sets is a bit boring to me.