[PC] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 10/15 at 6am PDT, and have an expected downtime of 5 hours. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/terapcmaintenance
[PS4/XB1] Due to an error, we have extended current events (such as dungeon highlights) by one day. The new end time is now 10/15 at 0500 UTC. Thanks for your patience!

Animations and Races

I've noticed that in certain classes, one race has a few benefits over others, like an Elin Lancer being able to Skate while a Famani can't. Or just any class in general then you make it an Elin, they just have faster animations and sometimes bigger hitboxes on their weapons. Was this intentional to push players to play Elins regardless of the Elin-locked classes, or just an animation bug?

Comments

• Obviously they will say no but we know it was totally intentional!
    The players realize that Elin has shorter animations and they change their races to Elin and consequently, they buy customs for them.

This is BHS marketing...
  • KetothKetoth ✭✭✭✭
    I dont think is intentional when they first made the animation 4 years ago. Beside that in that time BHS castanic was the best race and not elin
  • KoikoiKoikoi ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Elins have faster and smoother animations than other races. I can confirm this is true.

Switch from your current race to Elin and you can noticeably feel the difference.
  • I'd rather keep my Sorcerer and Slayer as Amanis than change them to Elins, thank you very much.
    Enough to have a Mystic and Priest as Elins.
  • DvsvDvsv ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Koikoi wrote: »
    Switch from your current race to Elin and you can noticeably feel the difference.

MMORPG = Massively multiplayer online role-playing game.

BHS, please, ik you guys are incompetent on balancing stuff, but can we at least play what we like, without huge disadvantages?

• MundalaMundala ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Dysthy wrote: »

No, I heard about it and saw quite a few videos, I just didn't want to believe the munchkins would have smoother/faster animations than Famani on Bersekers.
  • From the onset that race was strutured that way, going even further into the smaller hitbox characteristic that became significant in PVP.

Your question is interesting, if you concider its significance regarding the later hyper over the race, but there seems to be no direct connection. They were just built that way long before elins became the "master race" hype thing. At that same time Castanic females at least did have great characteristics too plus some racial traits great for game play, namely a lil extra back criting.

Over time as the hype grew, the race became, overly hype out of a real gameplay edge and the popularity it enjoyed, boosted by BHS marketing and all the funky pretty stuff made exclusively for them.

Ironicly elins never had any innate racial traits especialy great for gameplay, except for how they were built, animations and smaller hitbox.

And the end product was...elin master race.
  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    lcsgarcia wrote: »
    Obviously they will say no but we know it was totally intentional!
    The players realize that Elin has shorter animations and they change their races to Elin and consequently, they buy customs for them.

This is BHS marketing...

Elin wasn't viewed as the best for all classes, in addition to the fact BHS didn't care for Elins. There's also the fact the community is what asked for Elin specific cosmetics. Even NA had preferred Elin, notice how even the classes where Elin holds no advantage, or another race is better, Elin is still created. For NA Female Castanic was the focus as well fr BHS. The community responded by making more Elins than Female Castanic. You just don't agree with those who made Elins at the time, but they outnumber you.