Can We Talk About RMHM Drops...

Comments

• edited January 6
    Have you forgotten that there is a higher chance of dropping a design in rmhm ?

And that'd be an interesting point if designs were even remotely valuable....or useful...
  • Have you forgotten that there is a higher chance of dropping a design in rmhm ?

Average run of RMHM: 20-30 minutes. I've seen maybe... 2-3 VM8 recipes in my clears. Phase 1 in HH: 10 minutes tops, 3-4 design drop guaranteed. Yea I think I'll just deal with P1 to get my VM8 recipes, relying on RMHM for recipes is like zzz.

On main topic: I've mentioned this before. EME had to manually buff drops to BRHM and SCHM(pre-nerf), and to some extent TSHM, and of course during the debacle with FIHM delay, they modded the drop tables in FINM to drop hearts as well. With current instances already gated, it makes no sense why drops are so abyssmal. It's frankly demoralizing to log in, sees like 1-2 people online in guild no-lifing IOD, LFG is dead with maybe 4-5 listings, 2 of which are advertising sales. I don't understand why we have to bring this topic up every freaking patch. Make the few remotely interesting instances rewarding, and maybe... just maybe... you'll entice more people to play the game?
  • We've been discussing highlighting specific dungeons on weekends with increased drops as an "event".

Your complaints regarding Ruinous Manor HM are well taken.

What do you think would represent a worthy buff to the rewards?
  • I honestly think drops rates of maybe 1.5-2x would be ideal for RMHM. I think people were rather enthusiastic about RMHM during double drop, because it means that people will at least walk away with something.
  • Double drop RMHM on the weekends would be amazing. That really makes it worth the grind.
  • I think having more then 2 hankies is a bit too much. I find myself having more hankies then anything else right now after double drop.

Would be great to see maybe 2-3 crystals in total, more eau de fascination(1-2) , caprin horns, and maybe more feedstock from every bosses too.

Well basically a double drop without 4 hankies lol
  • In my honest opinion...

Buff the hanky drop to a guaranteed 2 hanky drop per run, 2 Envy Crystal per run, and buff the amount of feedstock you get from the dungeon bosses slightly to compensate.

I've had some runs where I walk away with just 20 feedstock (then get 50 for the vanguard). I haven't had a problem overall because I run with statics, and they pass hanky's for me. But I see the concern for people who can only run once per day. At this rate, anyone who doesn't run with a static and gets consistent passing, who doesn't have elite, will be thrown into next patch before they will be able to complete their VM8 set.

I'm not saying do 3-4 hankys per run, because it would quickly get rid of the grindy aspect for it. But I think 2-2-more feedstock is enough to compensate for completing the hardest (though really second hardest) dungeon in the game.

If anything it's at least a start, then you can additionally add events to give out a bit more too. I think that's fair enough.
  • edited January 6
    The dungeon should be more rewarding. Before it was rewarding to run for rng chance of design, but now designs cost 5k.

I don't mean drop money, money are useless in the game. But 60 fs11 for 1 run, when enchanting attempt costs 200 is not too much. There are not enough ways to farm fs, the problem is very obvious after removal of dismantling mid tier for fodder.
    In order to make rmhm rewarding we just need to buff fs drop, possibly mwa, even if after some mongo the server is literally flooded. However not fair for people who couldnt attend mongo. The new personal alkahests are of little to no use, because you basically use them only for 9-12 enchanting. Before you can buy from merchant and after that you need insane amounts of mwa (up to 10k if unlucky).
    Vm mats also seem to be sorta lackluster. Crystal drop is rng chance, you can run both rmnm and rmhm without getting a drop. Not to mention that nobody wanna run RMNM, the dungeon takes the same time as rmhm because boss hp. Sometimes you can actually do less dmg on nm bosses than on hard mode ones.
  • We've been discussing highlighting specific dungeons on weekends with increased drops as an "event".

I think it would be ok if you alternate like this weekend is double drop and the next weekend would be double battleground credits. making it every weekend might be too easy. Lets not forget Battlegrounds persons that pvp are also a part of the community and only focusing on the pve aspect of the game would just make it monotonous and boring.
  • Inb4 people whine for new content cause everyone gets their gear done so fast.

I'd say increase FS in HM dungeons as Mwa is going for 10 ea and T11 FS 30+ ea.

Three times the difference, should level it out.
  • edited January 9
    Buffed RMHM drops
    3 Handkerchiefs per run
    3 Envy Crystals
    More feedstock

Double Drop RMHM
    5-6 Handkerchiefs
    6 Envy Crystals
    Double the feedstock
  • edited January 7
    Rikter wrote: »
    Double drop RMHM on the weekends would be amazing. That really makes it worth the grind.

^
    Perma double drop every weekend would be great and rly easy to implement.
    If they only buff rmh drops, expect a powder shortage from LK...

I love double drop event not cuz it's easier to farm stuff, it's great just for the simple fact that's is much more fair cuz everyone get at least some stuff.
    One thing that i hate in this game is that is so unrewarding. The usual Tera meta is: We carry a party for 30 min + and the floormat is the only one who get stuff in the end...

It's just sad that EME took so long just to talk about doing something. We're in the middle of the patch at this point, you guys should try do fix/buff stuff earlier next time...
    One of the reasons i'm so burned from Tera and i hardly log-in anymore is that i wasted so much time grinding mats for my vm8 stuff on LFG w/o a single event. It took almost 40 rmh runs with a lot of lucky and 100+ boxes to farm just the 15 hankies for my weapon and a lot more rmn runs for crystals. After 100+ hm clears i just can't stand that place anymore.

But ppl here just love hardcore and grindy content (not skill, but time intensive content) so w/e, it will not affect me anymore cuz i'm done with VM8.

Edit: For PVPers, it's even simpler: Just lower the cost of VM8 mats on the BG shops. 160KS just for a single hanky is plain [filtered]!

I'm gonna go against the general flow and say...drop event weekends is a terrible idea. It'll make running dungeons during the week a complete waste of time. What I would personally love to see is a non-trade-able dyad box distributed to every person in the party that gives a random dyad when opened, including Swiftly Hard/Relentless dyads. A touch-up on vm mats and feedstock wouldn't hurt either provided it's all the time and not just 2 days a week.

Btw, I remember EmE delaying drop buffs for TS HM because "we are working on a permanent solution with BHS so that better drop rates will be applied every patch". What happened to that plan? I feel like a bit of an idiot for telling people to stop whining about the bad drops because the wait is worth it since we'll keep getting good stuff in the future....
  • edited January 7
    TWMagimay wrote: »
    We've been discussing highlighting specific dungeons on weekends with increased drops as an "event".

I'm gonna go against the general flow and say...drop event weekends is a terrible idea. It'll make running dungeons during the week a complete waste of time. What I would personally love to see is a non-trade-able dyad box distributed to every person in the party that gives a random dyad when opened, including Swiftly Hard/Relentless dyads. A touch-up on vm mats and feedstock wouldn't hurt either provided it's all the time and not just 2 days a week.
    Dyad Structures would be better just to get this VG Credit surplus out.

Actually, the drop scheme they did in 2015 might be still pretty reasonable today. Increased VM material drops, Noctenium chests drop (there hasn't been any good source of nocts + we will need them to make Refined Noctenium in the future), dyad structures, goldfinger tokens and feedstock.
  • Another thing i would like is decrease the cost of vm8 mat for battleground store. 160k killing spree for 1 Handkerchief is excessive, 80k for envy crystal and hypnotic powder is a lot.