Improvements for Elite

edited January 9 in General Discussion
^Title (Sh*tpost)

EDIT: Okay seriously, I support you guys, I think I (we) deserve a change with elite.

Comments

• SaphirKanzakiSaphirKanzaki Member ✭✭✭
    You forgot to put down your suggestions.
  • WarrWarr Member
    I'm having a bored moment at work, so I'll throw in my suggestions:

1) Cool as it is, change the current elite mount to one with flight.
    Seriously, once you have a flying mount you almost never want to use a ground mount again.

2) Give additional rewards for having elite over time.
    Do something similar to FFXIV, in that once you hit certain milestones you get special items and bonuses. For example, having it for three months gets you a free character slot, 5 months a unique costume, 8 months bonus EMP, and so on.

3) Overhaul the daily rewards.
    They're part of the service and decent as is, but they're also extremely dull. The feedstock bonus should be updated to include 11, and there should also be rare special items that can be jackpots, like a permanant fire halo or mount.

• voidyvoidy Member ✭✭✭
    With the elite canes/braveries, I'd really like it if they both lasted an hour since they each have hour long cooldowns.
  • DhrizzitDhrizzit Member
    wanna elite great again?

change the skin of the bar for a wall skin
  • JKPEDGXMA5JKPEDGXMA5 Member
    Here's how to make elite great again:
    STOP buying them and tell them with your wallets that it sucks.

FYI, I only buy elite scrolls using in-game gold so I shouldn't be complaining. LOL
  • MeningitisMeningitis Member ✭✭
    JKPEDGXMA5 wrote: »
    Here's how to make elite great again:
    STOP buying them and tell them with your wallets that it sucks.

FYI, I only buy elite scrolls using in-game gold so I shouldn't be complaining. LOL

Buying elite with in game gold still reinforces people buying it with real money since it's selling, encouraging them to buy more.

But since this thread is here and I have some ideas, here's my two cents:

1: Pretty much everything Warr said in their post. Especially the flying mount bit and some of the rewards over time. I know elite players get a bundle of credits every time they renew but it feels lackluster.

2: It's been a while since I've had elite, so I don't remember if they took the gold boost out. That was kinda worthless. Maybe replace it with reward points to claim every day? This wouldn't give you CREDITS to spend but it would reinforce logging in every day to claim the points, showing that you're serious about coming back every day. The issue with this is what happens when someone reaches tier 10...maybe give them credits daily if they're t10. That sounds hard to implement. Just letting ideas fly around.

• SpacecatsSpacecats Member, Administrator, EME Staff admin
    Removed political reference from the post title.

Thanks for your ideas in this thread, guys! It will be good to see what people think as we discuss different ways to improve the Elite system.
  • sanj66sanj66 Member ✭✭✭
    a basic flying mount instead of the mp regen land mount and maybe something other than the gold boost and elite reset as lets be honest those are almost useless at this point in the game.
  • thedazethedaze Member
    edited January 9
    Warr wrote: »
    I'm having a bored moment at work, so I'll throw in my suggestions:

1) Cool as it is, change the current elite mount to one with flight.
    Seriously, once you have a flying mount you almost never want to use a ground mount again.

2) Give additional rewards for having elite over time.
    Do something similar to FFXIV, in that once you hit certain milestones you get special items and bonuses. For example, having it for three months gets you a free character slot, 5 months a unique costume, 8 months bonus EMP, and so on.

3) Overhaul the daily rewards.
    They're part of the service and decent as is, but they're also extremely dull. The feedstock bonus should be updated to include 11, and there should also be rare special items that can be jackpots, like a permanant fire halo or mount.

1. I like the flying mount idea, however it shouldn't be anything too nice otw people who buy boxes and proc mounts will rage, although this change alone might encourage more people to get elite.

2. not bad, but they kind of already did that when they introduced loyalties, you are saying add a continued monthly reward bonus. (has merit)

3. I like the t11 fs idea, dear god please no more fire halo's for the love of god I never want another one of those for the rest of my tera life, you can't discard them for some reason so you end up with dozens that you have to look at forever. Mount good, Halo very very bad, unless maybe blue one, not that fire one please.
  • kubitoidkubitoid Member ✭✭✭
    add 7-day rng costume to elite gift box with 0.02% chance to get it and make elite sub 7.99 usd per month
  • PamcakePamcake Member ✭✭
    I have like hundreds of reset scroll, because I physically unable to run that many dungeons. It's very useless. Gold boost... Idk, what purpose it is for endgame player or player who's leveling. I haven't seen a difference.

I would like to have even a basic flying mount. Especially now when I think all zones are enable flight.

The feedstock bonus should be updated to include 11 as @Warr said.

I would like to have more Journal entries not just 5.

I think long time subscribes needs some rewards. I think that would make people be interested in spending money.

Having jackpot an item would be better, because having 500 Tier whatever, can be easily obtained anyway.
  • kubitoidkubitoid Member ✭✭✭
    Pamcake wrote: »
    I think long time subscribes needs some rewards. I think that would make people be interested in spending money.
    long time supporters have their piece of cake called tera reward system already
  • WarrWarr Member
    edited January 9
    thedaze wrote: »
    Mount good, Halo very very bad, unless maybe blue one, not that fire one please.

lol... yeah I guess I could see that on the halo, I used to have a ton of them myself. My reasoning on including it in my post is I've used most of mine up on alts and whatnot but none were permanent items.

With that said though, I'd love to see color variations of them too, and that would probably make a great milestone reward. (Maybe a white fire halo? Yes please!)
  • PixelatorPixelator Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 10
    How about instead of the consumable bundle (Reset scroll, craft cure, canephora, bravery), of which two are pretty much useless, we get unlimited (no cooldown) usage of Bravery potion? Kind of like the Everful Nostrum, but applies Bravery. It'll be a huge convenience boon, as Bravery potions are common enough.
  • GinjitsuGinjitsu Member ✭✭✭✭
    I made a thread about Elite in December...

https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/9382/decreasing-value-of-elite-status
    Spacecats wrote: »
    Removed political reference from the post title.

Thanks for your ideas in this thread, guys! It will be good to see what people think as we discuss different ways to improve the Elite system.

Only way to get a response is by breaking forum rules ¬.¬?