Don't you dare EME!

Comments

• Elinu1Elinu1 Member ✭✭✭
    I say if it's a pvp server, let the blood be spilt. None of this garbage pvp 65 crap they are doing with the server
  • allofspaceandtimeallofspaceandtime Member ✭✭✭
    Disclaimer - I'm on a pve server.

However I know enough about mmos to understand different people like different things, and the popularity of pvp servers is because many people DO like gank pvp. MT is a hugely popular server because of that.

They like the risk of levelling, killing people they don't like, killing people for mobs, killing those weaker than themselves, being a white knight and killing those who kill those who are weaker, or dreaming of being able to be like that one day, and all the pvp drama.

Its a game and there is nothing wrong with any of that with other people who signed up for it by joining that type of murder game server.

So I think they should keep the sever as all levels pvp.
    The only change I think they should do is rename the server type to be "gank pvp" or "murder pvp" so people who don't like that type of pvp don't stupidly join that server then try to have it changed to a watered down form of a pvp server like a 65 only pvp server.

I agree, just call it gank pvp or at the welcome message they tell people that at a certain level you could be/more than likely be ganked by higher level people. I play on pve server cause I didn't want to play on an open world pvp. even now, if I choose to go to open world pvp server, and I get ganked, I have no one to blame but myself. I know what I would be getting into in the first place. also, they might as well merge mt with ff like someone said earlier. I hope they do not do this will all the servers. I like sitting around different areas with my 65 and I don't want to have to worry about someone 2 shotting me. my play style of tera is way different than others....just putting that out there before someone say get gud or +15 the best gear. so yeah, I think they should keep mt the way it is.
  • JinChunJinChun Member
    edited January 9
    This is rather unfortunate, they said MT is the biggest server atm, however the amount of feedback and comment toward the upcoming changes only worth a few pages.
    There is a learning curv from lvl 1-65, same as pve same as pvp, from basic movement and basic attack to more advance skill set and strategic combos. You can reach 65 in a few days, only if you already play the game for quite sometime or someone is helping you, for a fresh starter, it may take a week or two.
    I dislike how BHS keep removing or nerfing some mmorpg elements such as camp fire, crafting and now open world pvp. Instead of create a new outlaw system or balance content, they always take the cheap and fast approaches, remove or recycle.
    Right now, you can only experience pvp efficiently until you reach lvl65, before 65, you can only kuma/tank/or pve, BHS is trying too hard to appease ppl who dislike open world pvp content that decided to join a pvp server somehow :(
    Do not forget, in the coming "big" update, there will be fresh players who come here for pvp only. When you set the pvp wall at lvl65, they probably gonna drop the game and move on.

They gonna remove a big chunk of content, again, enjoy folks.
  • SpacecatsSpacecats Member, Administrator, EME Staff admin
    edited January 9
    Fuua wrote: »
    Love how the mod edits my title doesn't address me at all instead is joking around with people that are flaming and threatening me, great community we have here, absolutely disgusting. Despite the changes this is the straw that broke the camels back, even if they delete my thread I'll have plenty of screenshots. No wonder all the good mods left this slush hole.

It appears your title was edited because it violated the forum rules. It used to be in all caps.
  • metagamemetagame Member ✭✭✭
    JinChun wrote: »
    Do not forget, in the coming "big" update, there will be fresh players who come here for pvp only. When you set the pvp wall at lvl65, they probably gonna drop the game and move on.
    for every 1 new player that leaves, another 5 will transfer from another server to replace them
  • MystletainnMystletainn Member
    Spacecats wrote: »
    vkobe wrote: »
    now i dont know how he will made his video about dancer hunting :lol:

Now he'll have to pick on players his own size.

Lol implying Mudkip wasn't one of the best slayers in Tera and didn't rank high enough to get Bloodrave in the glory days of Tera. Please learn something about your community and game before making ignorant statements. This coming from a guy that had a foot race event in Tera and didn't know elins have a run speed passive skill. "Why are they so fast running hahaha hahaha hahah" --Spacecats2016

If people join a pvp server and die to a few ganks they are gonna quit anyway or should be on a pve server. I don't even condone ganking lowbies really, at least not farming the same ones but so what you die. Mudkip was a hero! Never forget Mudkip 2012-2017.
  • Rheina80Rheina80 Member
    eme. please delete this thread. you must fight at your own size. ganking tons of lowbies is not a good idea.
  • SAIXUNOSAIXUNO Member
    It's not like they are getting rid of world pvp, if you're gunna PvP git gud and fight people your level.
  • SpacecatsSpacecats Member, Administrator, EME Staff admin
    Spacecats wrote: »
    vkobe wrote: »
    now i dont know how he will made his video about dancer hunting :lol:

Now he'll have to pick on players his own size.

Lol implying Mudkip wasn't one of the best slayers in Tera and didn't rank high enough to get Bloodrave in the glory days of Tera. Please learn something about your community and game before making ignorant statements. This coming from a guy that had a foot race event in Tera and didn't know elins have a run speed passive skill. "Why are they so fast running hahaha hahaha hahah" --Spacecats2016

If people join a pvp server and die to a few ganks they are gonna quit anyway or should be on a pve server. I don't even condone ganking lowbies really, at least not farming the same ones but so what you die. Mudkip was a hero! Never forget Mudkip 2012-2017.

Nice try, Mudkip.
  • SylvietteSylviette Member ✭✭✭
    SAIXUNO wrote: »
    It's not like they are getting rid of world pvp, if you're gunna PvP git gud and fight people your level.

1. You won't be able to fight ppl your level until 65.
    2. As fresh 65, you will absolutely got destroyed even by ppl wearing the current lowest tier gear (slaughter) because your free idonea gear is 5 patches behind. Not to mention the huge difference between slaughter and ambush.
    3. Who cares, owpvp died a long time ago.
  • AulonAulon Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 10
    -Leveled 4 characters on MT, only was attacked once by some one 4 levels higher than I
    -In all MMOs for over 15 years it is understood, you join a PvP server, you open to be killed at any time. This is part of the attraction for your more hard core PvPers
    -TERA lost most if not all its PvP base, so this to me is them admitting to that and just melting MT into a PvE server with PvP option. Which is what many games set up for their PvE servers, you are not flagged unless you choice to be.

Don;t care for the change myself but I gave up PvP on TERA long ago anywas, so doesn't affect me. Though kinda sad seeing even more content being removed and the game becoming even more focused on PvE alone which will make a decreasing player base even smaller.
  • MrWolfyMrWolfy Member

"DON'T MAKE THE ONLY GOOD SERVER (MT) A 65 ONLY PVP SERVER. THATS WHAT FEY FORREST IS FOR.
    YOU'RE GOING TO LOSE A LOT OF PLAYERS INCLUDING MYSELF AND MANY OTHERS THAT ARE OUTRAGED BY THIS."

Nope, I'm from MT and I'm welcoming this change for more reasons then dead PVP. If "Many Others" are upset by this then why is your post the only one I see front page?"
    "You've already ruined the game by taking out so much content that you literally can skip the entire game by spamming dungeons...BUT NO. that's NOT enough for you people.. "

No one said Tera was perfect... And the nice thing with this change is it puts our build closer to the other international builds of Tera.. meaning we get faster patches and content sooner. I welcome this over stroking some pvp'ers epeen that he can't camp new players.
    If these changes actually go through Then I know at least several handful of people that will be done with this game. It's just continuously going down-hill (ever since gunner came out, and even before that.

Nothing to feel bad about unless you invested a crap ton of money into the game then right? You paid for your fun, if it isn't fun for you anymore, go ahead and move on. There are hundreds of new players that want to experience Tera their own way free from ganks and belligerent players. Let them play in peace.
    I don't really care if this thread gets hate, I am not here to argue with anyone.

Judging by your two edits that was false, you are clearly upset, You shouldn't let a video game rule your emotions so wildly, maybe, I would suggest, wagging your tail? *wags his tail*

TL:DR - The biggest change that I'm excited for is hopefully the faster turn around time for patches, I hate being behind KTERA getting super awesome stuff. Lets hope we can cut that time down quite a bit for having our version of Tera being closer.

• ZoknahalZoknahal Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 10
    @MrWolfy If i could give you a strong hand shake, and say the words "Well said", i would do it without a doubt. Out of all the threads i read where players from MT have different opinions about this change, you (and the player council) seem to be the only one who is acting in a mature and composed way about it.
  • xEmptinessxEmptiness Member ✭✭✭
    You don't lose anything for being killed so honestly there's no justification to make this change.

In most MMOs, PvP server means anyone could kill you and you will lose EXP and sometimes items for it. In TERA, you already lose nothing, so I wouldn't even see a downside if every server was turned into OW PvP from level 1.
  • GearsSickGearsSick Member
    edited January 10
    The main reasons I see people who are for this 65pvp only are it stops "Ganking" and "brings patches and content faster".

First lets address the topic of "Ganking". If you've played on a pvp server for better or worse you've been ganked on your way to max level, be it now or 5 years ago. Mt as the longest active PvP server has its own culture. If you don't PvP thats your prerogative, you can say the only reason people are against this patch is epeen and yeah for some people that is the case. Theres a special thing about tera openworldpvp a right of passage if you will and it starts as soon as you reach that first stop that used to be fey forest. You get to see end game pvp for the first time. If you're afraid and run along thats fine most people do. If you're excited and curious and try to find out whats happening you're more than likely to die and try it out away from the max levels on your way questing and what not.

The drama, the many deaths, the social activities that come with it are all in-game content that now no new player will ever be able to participate in because it's being taken out. Thats how I found my first guild and i've been in pvp/gvg guilds ever since. Thats how I fell in love with tera so many years ago, been playing for about 4 years now and openworld is still one of my favorite things in the game. All because some level 54 warrior 1 shot me in fey forest. So I sat at the bridge and watched the pkers pk, kill each other, and made some friends. If that hadn't happened I would've walked right past him and quit this game years ago.

From the post explaining why this was being done, the patches in which bring content faster are to "integrate future PvP-focused features" so if you don't pvp this still means nothing to you nor does it affect you in the slightest. Removing something unique to NA only for "New pvp content" being more kumas and more tank mini game battlegrounds which no PvPer who honestly gives a [filtered] about tera pvp wants is stupid. If it were to keep players they could shut off pvp like they did for the last 2 new classes for a couple weeks, raise the level in which you can do pvp from like 10 to 30 so they won't be in the more populated areas to get ganked at, or even implement the level up servers that never came to Na. There were better ways to go about this but like everything EME has ever done it was not thought out for long, without any prior announcement or community response. So much for transparency that they preached at the beginning of last year. Or did that go out the door with treeshark when he left.