Update - New Dungeons, PvP Changes

Comments

• Elinu1 wrote: »
    Making MT pvp65 is something I saw coming. It was only a matter of time before they catered to the carebears.

RIP MT

2012-2017

You could stop ganking new players and dancing on top of their dead body. Players attitude forced them to do it. Most new low level players couldn't farm at events, you know why, Most melee players couldn't start killing bams, you know why.

Yeah toxicity of the players, not many of coarse on MT we got very nice players, forced EME to do this.
  • edited January 9
    StarSprite wrote: »
    The change to the outlaw skill is because BHS removed the item from the shop and made it a skill you learn at 65. The way it's going to be set up on Tuesday is how it is on Ktera. I'm not sure if the penalty system is still there. Either way low levels cant flag on ktera and since EmE is trying to speed up patches that means keeping the builds similar to one another.

Then they should make them more similar. Give us talents or dont make content as similar as ktera is. You cant have one and leave the other out.
  • I want to know when they are going to fix these routes, because it's been six months since leaving Zayo that players like me from South America can not get a ping.
  • @LesbianVi
    Or they could change channels. You join a PvP server- you know what is to be expected.
    I don't care if it's events, or through leveling, because there are options to avoid being pked while low and leveling.
    And, no, I'm not one who sits around Cresentia doing this.

I'm one who has played for years on end on MT. From p2p til now, and I still manage to get around groups of pkers.

This change is caused by nothing but the ones whining that THEY can't go the extra to avoid (here is the shocker) getting killed in an open outlaw area. You can't blame those who are legitimately doing nothing wrong on a server meant for killing mobs and other players.

And thats a shame that everyone is being punished because some crybabies can't change channels or join a guild to help.
    Because that's what you did. You had to put effort into the game.
  • And every new player who just wanted to test the new game on their free weekend knows immediately about changing channels, has tons of experience in mmos and already a guild/friends in a new game, so he wont get pk on his first 2 hours, sees the game is full of COD kiddies and deinstalls it. Its not 2005 anymore where only hardcore gamers were playing in their own world. You arent making customers like that.
  • @Tiana

Change Chanel when Events are ON? Which Chanel exactly? Leveling events always brings more players. new patches always bring more players. so More players gets there and PKing. and how is pking is pvp? when Archer finds you, Charges Radiant Arrow while you are BAM fighting, is it PVP? New players might like PVP, they see MT has a name, they join it. they get frustrated, they will, it is a fact.

Define open world PVP? If players vs players fighting any where, any time, yeah I would agree. But we know how open world PVP before 65 actually works.

But I am not against open world pvp after level 11, just the system is too simple and broken. We can do do these, anything which is possible to do.

1: Any huge patch release which bring major players online, specially new ones, we change the PVP to 65 only for a time so new players can adept. Then we bring it back to normal after that time.

2. We give outlaw a new rule, it only effects the players of the same level. Not 1 up, not 1 down. Exact same level. It is like PVP65 that we have. But players can have it from level 11 just like before. No stupid pking by higher levels, also pking gets smaller chance, since it works on same level only.

3. Disabling Open world PVP during hunting events, or open world events.

4. We can make pvpers focus on duels, ON pvp servers, Players which win Duels against players at same level, same item level, gets bonus XP, like they killed a BAM or even more. This one makes a huge different.

Now pick one or two, or combine them. I think PVP65 should be a temporary change and EME should find a proper solution as I mentioned some to make this right.
  • edited January 9
    EME, please optimise this game! I have over 4000 hours invested into this game and I've gone through 3 computers during that time. My current PC (gtx 1060 and an Intel skylake cpu) should get more than 15 fps in Velika and Battlegrounds as it can handle most modern games on ultra @ 60fps+. I don't care about new content. Fix the engine so it's enjoyable for people to play first and then add content. I'm sorry but 'm so sick of this game's poor optimisation it's driving me insane. I mean, you can't even PvP in the open world or battlegrounds until you sit around in a safe zone for 5 minutes because it takes so long for characters to load in..Sure you can somewhat counter this by turning the detail presets to "0" but who want's to play Tera on the lowest graphics settings when max detail doesn't even use 40% of your GPU. For the love of God, please fix this game.
  • 1. You misspelled "Leveling" and several other words in your official post. (real professional)

2. ""Eliminating the ability to be ganked by uber-geared high-level players will help to ensure a more positive experience""

OH...You mean like lvl 65's do with their pay to win gear and GUILDS? at least lower lvls can have a fair chance at each other. THAT'S WHAT SAFE ZONES ARE FOR BTW....Oh yea if you guys didn't make it so easy to level people would actually have to learn about the game :)

3. ""We want you to understand the current PvP configuration on MT is unique to Western-published versions and not actively supported worldwide.""

WE HAVE FEY FORREST JUST GO THERE FOR PVP 65 AND LEAVE MT ALONE. IF THEY DON'T LIKE IT GO TO FEY FORREST WHERE YOU CAN PVP AT 65????????????????

I am completely disgusted by this, as if the game is not in a mud hole already, you all just go out of your way to ruin it even more :-)
    Now let's see if I even get a response from a MOD at all, then again I am a dime a dozen when it comes to companies like this.
    Remember when the mods would actually play the game and hang with us? ON MT????????? HAH. Good old days.
  • Fuua wrote: »
    1. You misspelled "Leveling" and several other words in your official post. (real professional)

2. ""Eliminating the ability to be ganked by uber-geared high-level players will help to ensure a more positive experience""

OH...You mean like lvl 65's do with their pay to win gear and GUILDS? at least lower lvls can have a fair chance at each other. THAT'S WHAT SAFE ZONES ARE FOR BTW....Oh yea if you guys didn't make it so easy to level people would actually have to learn about the game :)

3. ""We want you to understand the current PvP configuration on MT is unique to Western-published versions and not actively supported worldwide.""

WE HAVE FEY FORREST JUST GO THERE FOR PVP 65 AND LEAVE MT ALONE. IF THEY DON'T LIKE IT GO TO FEY FORREST WHERE YOU CAN PVP AT 65????????????????

I am completely disgusted by this, as if the game is not in a mud hole already, you all just go out of your way to ruin it even more :-)
    Now let's see if I even get a response from a MOD at all, then again I am a dime a dozen when it comes to companies like this.
    Remember when the mods would actually play the game and hang with us? ON MT????????? HAH. Good old days.

stop crying. cause you love killing tons of lowbies.
  • Hows this affect GvG? I'm not familiar with the new system if it even allowed lower levels to participate. But if it did, hows the change gonna affect GvG.?
  • Where is the warrior revamp?
  • edited January 10
    Shikine wrote: »
    Where is the warrior revamp?

Coming later this year. No date yet, but it is on the way.
  • Fuua wrote: »
    1. You misspelled "Leveling" and several other words in your official post. (real professional)

1. Talking bout Grammar Nazis...
    2. Unfortunately, this is how it is over there in Korea. The change we are getting is to put our version closer to theirs, so we get stuff faster. From what i have read from MT players in other threads floating around, there is little to no one doing open world PvP while leveling, other than your usual abusers who look for an easy kill to increase their epeen. And you seem to be awfully angry at EME for now reason at all. BHS are the ones who do this type of changes. EME only implements em as per BHS directions.
    3. Fey Forest was an experiment to firstly, alleviate some server populations, and secondly, to see if players would like this new type of server. All in all, it was a double edged sword: Some people welcomed the new type of server, as they could level up in peace and way faster knowing they would not be ganked by some top geared player looking for easy kills, while others did not like this because of "I cant kill lowbies, my Open World PvP is gone", and also because of the on going issue of level 64 healers meddling in others duels and stuff with complete invincibility.

Spacecats does his best to come in game once in a while to play with us. Last year in December he came a few times to multiple servers, without giving any notice in advance, and just started to chat and spawn mobs randomly for fun sake, so i expect him to do more of these on this new year, alongside with Noesis. If you been playing this long into MMOs, you should know by now that companies and publishers like EME, that bring an Eastern title to the West, will always be tied to whatever their Eastern Overlords tell em, and they have little to no choice to implement it or risk breaking the contract, something that can cost em thousands of dollars.
  • Spacecats wrote: »
    Shikine wrote: »
    Where is the warrior revamp?

Coming later this year. No date yet, but it is on the way.

It was released with HH buffing in ktera. Does this mean we are getting more region adjusted patches? Balancing not based on talents would be nice.

With this warriors become even more useless in HH... the only content interesting enough to play multiple characters.
  • edited January 10
    Zoknahal wrote: »
    1. Talking bout Grammar Nazis...
    The irony is that both spellings are valid (though I guess you should pick one), and whatever the other issues aren't certainly aren't immediately obvious. Not to mention "forrest" and "a dime a dozen."

At the end of the day, this seems to be the continued consequence of the effort to reduce the patch gap between K-TERA and the other global builds, which was cut in half this past year. This seems to be another customization that is being cut in the interests of uniformity. The consequence of this overall strategy is that EME has a lot less flexibility to make adjustments, and this is a difficult change because players here have never really been fond of how BHS approaches things in K-TERA. So basically it relies more on a) EME to do more events to counterbalance what BHS does that people don't like (which results in its own drama when the balance isn't perfect), and b) EME continuing to advocate for the NA market (even though we're just one voice among many). (This whole strategy is also why most bugs will never be fixed promptly if at all; speeding up build delivery means they've already moved on to the new build and won't want to spend any time backtracking.)

In practical terms, I don't think this change will make a very big difference to MT (I've been leveling (levelling?) alts there the last while, and never once encountered open world PvP), but as part of this larger strategic shift, it's a bitter pill to swallow right now. (Particularly given that there are other unrelated issues that are leaving people on-edge.)