[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

What game do you recommend?

In short, I liked this game back in 2014 when I started playing, back when MT was a PVP server and before all of these OP locked gender race bad for the game classes came out. Over all, I cant play this game anymore because it has gone down the toilet.

My question to you Tera players is, can you recommend another game that is that is worth playing, good combat etc.? I wish they would open a Vanilla PVP Tera server, I would start playing it the second they did.
«1

Comments

  • >I liked Tera 2014
    >I would play any vanilla server
    Welcome to vanilla server 1524, mode 2014, patch may.

    I'm not gonna discuss how the genderlocked gunner and reaper are OP compared to archer or sorcerer. If you're looking for a new game, you're free to do so. However, the people here are mostly interested in playing Tera for their own personal purpose.

    From my point of view I can personally say that Blade and Soul is a bad joke. Setting the Bots'n'Spam aside, the endgame is PvP which is predicted the moment you join a faction in the starting area. You either are zerging the smaller fraction or are zerged to that degree tat you quit playing it. I was in the larger fraction and forums told that the people in the smaller fraction should group up to stand a chance. Guess what happened. Suddenly there was a "There are 20 blue of the other fraction in area X!!" and suddenly the hunt was on, 60 red players chasing 20 blues from the smaller fraction. It even went down to that degree that single blue/red players met at abondon places and killed each other in turns to get the quest done, because the smaller fraction didn't appear openly. The biggest problem in balancing was the sheer amount of bots, joining the "current free" faction, which resulted in a faction with bots and some players only.

  • voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only reason I'm still playing tera is because the other games have [filtered] for combat in comparison. Maybe check out Vindictus though. Even though it's kind of old and probably dying a bit as well and it's run by nexon, the combat's pretty nice from what I hear.
  • My suggestions would be Skyrim, Witcher 3, or FFXV, and also the upcoming Zelda and Mass Effect: Andromeda will likely be amazing as well.

    Now if you're talking just MMOs, well... the options are way more limited. Tera's combat is extremely unique, and of the numerous MMOs I've played only Blade and Soul came close (but I wouldn't in any way recommend it). Black Desert Online is probably the only one I could suggest that doesn't require tab targeting, but it probably far exceeds Tera's end game grind and is very much p2w.

  • Vanilla server... i doubt there is any point in Tera where there weren't issues with class balance, population, engaging (and lasting) dungeons... Sure there are elements that BHS should have never removed, and you might want back, but a vanilla server doesn't sound like the correct way to go about this.

    As for a new MMO, im looking forward to Dark and Light. It's not out yet though. But it has potential to beat Tera combat wise. What ive heard from it already beats Tera outside of combat too. Tera doesnt compete though outside of combat. I really wish BHS will soon do some overhaul on their poor decision making and management, cuz they are just killing their game atm
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    In short, I liked this game back in 2014 when I started playing, back when MT was a PVP server and before all of these OP locked gender race bad for the game classes came out. Over all, I cant play this game anymore because it has gone down the toilet.

    My question to you Tera players is, can you recommend another game that is that is worth playing, good combat etc.? I wish they would open a Vanilla PVP Tera server, I would start playing it the second they did.

    try steam you see so many games :3

    or maybe the next switch may be cool B)

    or wait tera vr ;)

  • I'm not gonna discuss how the genderlocked gunner and reaper are OP compared to archer or sorcerer. If you're looking for a new game, you're free to do so. However, the people here are mostly interested in playing Tera for their own personal purpose.

    From my point of view I can personally say that Blade and Soul is a bad joke. the endgame is PvP which is predicted the moment you join a faction in the starting area. You either are zerging the smaller fraction or are zerged to that degree tat you quit playing it.

    I agree with what you said about B&S 100%, the factions imbalance was my #1 Reason to Quit, and never look back ... Contrary to your case i was a Cerulean (blue) in a server ruled by Crimsons (red), i watched day after day how the remaining blue players switched their side, and began hunting what was once considered their own faction 5 min ago ...
    Well, putting the end-game massive imbalance aside, the P2W shop, over-abundance of Hackers and Bots, the idiotic schedule release, and the corruption of Support and staff members, made the quitting decision a lot easier, also being an Ex-B&S Taiwan player (a region that is only 1 year older than eu+na), i didn't appreciate the milking changes and tactics that we got : (Wardrobe + Mail) lock, VIP benefits removal and their placements behind a pay wall called "Tiers", Char + Bank + Inv Slots decrease, and a lot more ...
    So Yeah ... Considering MMO = A time investment journey I can never recommend B&S to anyone, in fact the day i quit : i Sold Gold for the first time on my 12+ years playing MMO, the game was so dirty, it polluted my white coat ...
    Warr wrote: »
    Black Desert Online is probably the only one I could suggest that doesn't require tab targeting, but it probably far exceeds Tera's end game grind and is very much p2w.

    Your are correct about the Grind in Black Desert, i can also speak of the same about RNG level, however, what aspect of BDO made you say : " is very much p2w.", i am hoping your not like the countless zombies on the internet, repeating the same empty misinformation just to sound more cultivated about a game they never played .. right ?

    Speaking of TERA, I played this game for over 4 years, and now i am on a 2 years break.
    I would never blame Eme for the current conditions, in fact they are in my eyes, the only Publisher, i have ever encountered who actually care about their Players feedback, whether the feedback is used or not = it's up the head of evil : BHS.
    What caused my break was mainly the following issues :

    - The Elien-sation of the entire game theme, over many years is honestly just disgusting, the days of Shandra, Elleon, Kelsaik, ..ect. are long gone ;_; instead they got replaced with this ... *sigh*
    - Classes Balance get thrown into the garbage with every new Class, reducing the value of the time & effort you have invested in your class.
    - VM Gears get updated faster and faster, stronger and stronger, and more importantly with More extra materials every time, and for those of us who played when there was a retool option, it just doesn't make sense considering it's BiS Equipments ...
    - Countless times the feed-back from western regions is simply ignored, regardless of their large contribution to the game financial success.

    To some, i might seem "salty", "mad" and such, but nope ... i Still respect this game for what is it's, and mostly for what it used to be, and even to this day, i still defend it hard on various gaming forum, whenever someone talk sh* about it with no arguments to back up their claims ... I am not fool enough, to ask for the above elements to get changed, i can understand games evolve with time, for the best or the worst = it's subjective, however changes that alienate your loyal players, the ones who felt in love with the core of the game, and spent their life time + $$ to support it, are better to just be kept away.
  • In pre alpha and early beta there a two I am following one I started playing even though its pre alpha. Check out Crowfall and Revelation online. I have been playing Crowfall ane will probably buy the early access founder package/ for Revelation online. Lots of good videos on both on youtube.
  • Minecraft, seriously....
  • aeee98aeee98 ✭✭✭✭
    no one said the king of browsers?

    Okay I have to agree Runescape is really bad now sooo....
  • In pre alpha and early beta there a two I am following one I started playing even though its pre alpha. Check out Crowfall and Revelation online.

    I can't believe an Ex-Tera player is taking Revelation online seriously ... i mean, the main reason most of us enjoyed (still enjoying) Tera is the combat system, and even to this date i have not encounter a single MMO with similar of superior combat, including B&S and Black Desert ... why would you degrade your gameplay experience on Revelation ? more importantly, why would you wait till 2017 to degrade your system, when many games that were release in past had better combat than Revelation.

    kubitoid wrote: »
    path of exile, titan quest, grim dawn, sacred 2, incredible adventures of van helsing, victor vran, zenith, even diablo 2 for superfuk sake

    Uhhh ...

    Warr wrote: »
    Black Desert Online is very much p2w.

    So, no reply yet .. should i assume : you have no argument to back up the above statement ? If so, may i ask you to take it back, and maybe post an apology for spreading mis-informations ? because, you know .. Lying is a bad thing.
  • Warr wrote: »
    Black Desert Online is very much p2w.

    1 Week later, still no proves .. shows you how much intellect the internet zombies can achieve. Even through private message he couldn't provide a single argument in 2 messages, and all this guy did, just like countless others, was poor attempts to misdirect the attention into different targets.

    Next time, try to form your own opinion, instead of repeating lies and wrong information you hear from others, especially if this "others" are massive hypocrite youtubers, those scums only worship $$, and will do ANYTHING for views, for example the leader of the p2w hate bandwagon in bdo, is now back to play it again :

    What game i recommend ? the closest thing i found to Tera's combat is : Black Desert, bonus points for no Elins, i am playing since April, and still satisfied with it content.
  • Jordin wrote: »
    Warr wrote: »
    Black Desert Online is very much p2w.

    1 Week later, still no proves .. shows you how much intellect the internet zombies can achieve. Even through private message he couldn't provide a single argument in 2 messages, and all this guy did, just like countless others, was poor attempts to misdirect the attention into different targets.

    Next time, try to form your own opinion, instead of repeating lies and wrong information you hear from others, especially if this "others" are massive hypocrite youtubers, those scums only worship $$, and will do ANYTHING for views, for example the leader of the p2w hate bandwagon in bdo, is now back to play it again :

    What game i recommend ? the closest thing i found to Tera's combat is : Black Desert, bonus points for no Elins, i am playing since April, and still satisfied with it content.

    i saw the same thing and wondered how much he his making off playing bdo and doing videos again for it. I just wish I had a good enough pc to play bdo and to be able to enjoy the graphics. if I could ever justify getting a high end gaming pc ( I would have to prove to my parents that it would be worthwhile besides playing games on ) I would love to get bdo. I want to play it just because it has other things going on in it other than fighting. from what I saw in yt videos, there is housing and fishing and raising horses. I would love to see bhs/eme add in these elements to tera. they could add in raising bams to help fight along side you ( wishful thinking ).
  • if I could ever justify getting a high end gaming pc ( I would have to prove to my parents that it would be worthwhile besides playing games on )
    Then do so. I got my first commodore because I could proof that it's useful for writing letters (those you print on paper and send it physically), writing CVs or programming (I programmed in basic, of course games).

    If I were young nowadays, I'd set up a NAS with a personal cloud and put edited videos on it. All parents dig fotos and videos, accessible from all over the world. I'd start learning japanese again as well as programming stuff. Put up a camera surveillance or macro an Excel monthly spending household list for tracking (a lot of parents still do their household spending trackings in a small paper book). All parents usually see a PC as a beneficial investment as long as something else than ONLY games is running on it.
Sign In or Register to comment.