TERA NA 5th Anniversary

TERA NA is turning 5 years old in a couple of months. Despite of all the doomsayers, population decline and recent issues with servers, TERA has managed to stay as one of the most popular MMOs in the West for 5 years. For any MMO to last 5 years is already a big feat, considering most enter into perma maintenance mode after the second year, or shut down, or simply do not live to the expectations. However TERA has managed to survive all this time in a love/hate relationship with the players.

To celebrate the 5th consecutive year for TERa NA, how does EME is planning or preparing for this? Considering the 4th anniversary was kinda dull for most players, how does the team at EME plan to pull this year anniversary? Speaking of what is coming, most of us can already tell that on the 5th anniversary we will have the new class in NA and some other stuff to play around. But on the part of EME, what kind of events are you planning to do? Do you have ideas on how to make a good event that will keep us hooked? What kind of rewards and special items are you planning to add to celebrate the 5th year of TERA NA?

Hoping that throughout all of 2016, EME has gathered enough feedback for the anniversary event, i would hope that they can make an event that is entertaining and rewarding. I am all for the entertainment of the event, but most players will want the event to give reasonable rewards that can make em some profit, which has to be taken into consideration too. Has the Player Council been discussing this with EME? Will they have a say on what kind of events the players expect? Considering the Player Council are also TERA players, so they would also want something to be fun and rewarding.

Now i know EME cannot say anything just yet, but since the Anniversary is coming, i would like to at least remind em with this thread that we the players are expecting a BIG event for that special day when TERA NA turns 5 years old, and not some random hunt for a mount.

I personally expect release of new items in the shop, big discounts, and even bigger discounts for elite users. Speaking of Elite, i expect also the long awaited Elite rework that was spoken about in the last stream. I want a big BIG event where everyone can participate, and not just the level 65 players or the players with endless accounts and alts, and the event has to be fun enough to keep doing it over and over, and it has to be rewarding, without breaking the economy. Something like the BAM Killer event would be very nice, as it would bring the entire community together towards a common goal.

So EME, what are your thoughts about it?

Comments

• YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    On the fun, and rewarding bit, that's not really something entirely easy to do. What any given player finds fun, or rewarding, is going to vary. It also depends on the skill level of a player, something that may be rewarding to most players is generally useless to geared hard core players unless it's something that will sell. Obviously generally there should be some sort of diversity in what ever the rewards would be to have the event feel rewarding for all classes of players, but then there is the "fun" part. What do all types of people find to be "fun"?
  • kamizumakamizuma ✭✭✭✭
    those are some pretty big expectations lol
  • edited January 2017
    Zoknahal wrote: »
    I want a big BIG event where everyone can participate, and not just the level 65 players or the players with endless accounts and alts, and the event has to be fun enough to keep doing it over and over, and it has to be rewarding, without breaking the economy.
    This is like some sort of unobtainable holy grail of events. If something is rewarding enough that people want to do it over and over, it means that people who farm the event will end up way ahead of casual players. And if you want something where everyone can participate, it's not just level 65, it doesn't just advantage people with tons of accounts and alts, and without breaking the economy by people farming it...

Keep in mind that, despite the fact people generally look back on it fondly now, a lot of people were complaining about BAM Killer back in the day and they had to fudge with the thresholds just to allow the event to not fail. I mean, there were a lot of good things I liked about it... but it had a lot of problems.
  • Most people hated BAM killer.
  • StarSpriteStarSprite ✭✭✭✭
    I think what people liked about bam killer were the rewards but the event itself was a grind.
  • kamizumakamizuma ✭✭✭✭
    StarSprite wrote: »
    I think what people liked about bam killer were the rewards but the event itself was a grind.

yeah people forget they had to do things like count bams as double kills and also miraculously change numbers to unlock stores because most ppl stopped grinding bams after the first 2 days lol
  • xvctxvct ✭✭✭
    i actually want to see more cruelty and trolling from EME. maybe not for the 5th anniversary of the game, but more in general, to sprinkle around legitimate events and givaways. something to keep entitled whiners in check every once in a while, whether it's bogus rewards or spawn the last boss of the hardest dungeon atm to kill everyone in town

they should have mailed 1 stack of <Salt> to all the people who participated in the kumas statue >:)

just things we can look back on and laugh like "ahaha.. ah good times"
  • EndevaEndeva ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't expect anything any more since everything so far has been a big disappointment.
    Mongo Neon 2017

#maketeragreatagain
  • KetothKetoth ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    give us this again:
    TERA_Infographic.jpg

or the crit chance equation
  • xvctxvct ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    woah that's an awesome infograph! what year was that for?
    oh geez, it's at the top, nvm

Ketoth wrote: »
    yes pls
    xvct wrote: »
    woah that's an awesome infograph! what year was that for?
    oh geez, it's at the top, nvm

yes pls
    1 Year Anniversary would be from 2013. They also did some for pvp. Would be nice to see something like that 5 years later. A lot has probably changed from then since we have race and gender locked classes.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    give us this again:
    TERA_Infographic.jpg

why people killed centaur insurgent ?
  • edited January 2017
    vkobe wrote: »
    give us this again:
    TERA_Infographic.jpg

why people killed centaur insurgent ?

It used to be, back in the original version of the Lumbertown region, you'd have to kill a bunch of these guys for some of your quests. I think it was also one of the first repeatable guild quests (again, in the old system). Now, I think that's the part of the area that is completely unused (from the first round of quest simplification).
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    so people killed centaur insurgent to grow their guild ?

lol karma with centaur insurgent and fey forest server :3