TERA NA 5th Anniversary

Comments

• I also hope EnMasse will celebrate this occation with something special. I mean, a whoopin five years is pretty big! :3
    It is still January now, so hopefully there should be enough time to think up some ideas and have them implemented before May comes along, yeah?

Personally nothing I have ever experienced in Tera impressed me quite as much as the BAM Killer event. I would highly support a return of it. Maybe extra channels to the higher level bams around Highwatch and Island of Dawn, since level 65 is the current highest player level. (I believe during the original event it was still level 60) Plus, the chance of seeing ingame npc merchants with the newer EME staff? Would be too cute, all the screenshots man.

Found a screenshot I had from back then of the bronze bam token merchant in Velika, there were different npc in every town so they never looked the same even though they were the same merchant's name.
    IE70cCM.png

Either way, I will eagerly look forward to whatever happens during May, and wish an early happy anniversary to Tera NA.
  • it's great to see this kind of excitement around our 5th Anniversary, and I'd like to hear more ideas from all of you about past events in TERA that you've really enjoyed. I know everyone likes sales and deals, but I'd also like to hear about the in-game events that have made TERA a memorable place for you over the years, and what you remember fondly.

Let's all agree to avoid sharing any specific plans for the anniversary though, we wouldn't want to spoil it. Whatever you do, don't tell TERA!
  • GinjitsuGinjitsu ✭✭✭✭✭
    I expect to be disappointed.

Don't do it! You'll just end up with even more disappointment!
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Noesis wrote: »
    it's great to see this kind of excitement around our 5th Anniversary, and I'd like to hear more ideas from all of you about past events in TERA that you've really enjoyed. I know everyone likes sales and deals, but I'd also like to hear about the in-game events that have made TERA a memorable place for you over the years, and what you remember fondly.

Let's all agree to avoid sharing any specific plans for the anniversary though, we wouldn't want to spoil it. Whatever you do, don't tell TERA!

You guys need to show up here more, we will be more focused and hype for suggestions.
  • StarSpriteStarSprite ✭✭✭✭
    it's great to see this kind of excitement around our 5th Anniversary, and I'd like to hear more ideas from all of you about past events in TERA that you've really enjoyed. I know everyone likes sales and deals, but I'd also like to hear about the in-game events that have made TERA a memorable place for you over the years, and what you remember fondly.

Something like this and the other info graph would be nice.

These are some contests that I really liked. They're not really events but there are a lot of talented players in the community and this would be a good time to let them show off.
    http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/make-a-tera-monster-poster-win-prizes
    http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/hey-baby-what-s-your-class-contest
    http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/kelsaik-s-raid-video-guide-contest

And these were events that I personally enjoyed/stand out in memory from past years
    http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/you-can-be-huge-or-small-your-choice These items are just really fun
    http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/the-bam-killer-campaign-is-live This was already talked about. Again not many enjoyed grinding bams but I liked the token system and the prizes.

And of course the pvp tournaments canyon clash and skyring slam.
  • KetothKetoth ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017

crit chance equation, you know, its 5 years we are in the dark regarding this subject. don't need any numbers, just the format is ok ( i cant discover the rest)
    Ps.: I will never stop asking for this ;)
  • Since they refuse to Kyra again, I bet they'll just Mongo it. .___.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    Virtualoid wrote: »
    Since they refuse to Kyra again, I bet they'll just Mongo it. .___.

i am not sure we get mongo again, since 3 months it seem than our tera suck
  • LancerJivaLancerJiva ✭✭✭✭

You guys should try being more active on the forums and ingame. Both are starting to become a ghost town with each passing day. When you guys don't post here, people find other games. Players look for active and dedicated staff on forums and ingame. It shows that the staff cares about the game.

You guys need to do more events. BG jackpots are wonderful, but theres no reason to do them at all. Conflate got buffed when Spellbound hit, but there is absolutely no where you can use your hardworked gear. You guys need to get on BHS on converting FWC to unequalized. Do more events like double drop, or just buff certain dungeons on weekends. Do mongos with little rewards, last time you done this it brought the community together because it forced people to make raids, because rewards were delivered via parcel. Do blue box events or Kyra's potion shack. DO something that gives people an incentive to login and play, rather then logging in to the same stuff, people will just google and find another game to play. You guys doing nothing kinda gives the game the "beating a dead horse image."
  • I did find the game in the game store in the summer of 2012, but I did read that I had to pay every month to play so I said NO. I did tried the game later in the same year at xmas 2012 you could play it for free till lvl 23. After that I did buy the game Tera EU version 1 month before it went free. 2 years ago I left Tera EU cos gameforge did remove all mwa and mes from the game and you could buy it only with real money. Did log week ago to find out that I lost the names of my characters and I was asking myself why if I did spend money to buy the game and that happened. It feels like they took away the money I did spend on the game. Anyway my zerk there still have Nightforge pve set and with mask from alliance and helmet from sirjuka gallery it looks awesome. Most of the people in my friend list that I did play with did not log in for 3-4 years. I like the game, but I feel like is empty and I feel like I want more freedom and things to do. I still think my best times in the Tera was in the end of 2013 and start of 2014 also here before Tonka left. I do not like people in the game at the moment. Most of them want you to be skilled even before the patch others cant understand simple mechanic and all curse everyone. I just log to farm sometimes bams and play a bit of dungeons. I think many patches was bad for the game and bluehole only creating new classes and 2 set of gear to force people to spend money on the game. They can make millions return and spend money if they create more things to do in game, to fix pvp, to add meteorites and crystals for attack and defense, not change gear so many times, but just add levels to it like from +15 to be max +30 so that people could use their gear longer and the time they invested in it will not be worthless and think of what else they could change add and it will be more fun.
  • ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zoknahal wrote: »
    I want a big BIG event where everyone can participate, and not just the level 65 players or the players with endless accounts and alts, and the event has to be fun enough to keep doing it over and over, and it has to be rewarding, without breaking the economy.
    Keep in mind that, despite the fact people generally look back on it fondly now, a lot of people were complaining about BAM Killer back in the day and they had to fudge with the thresholds just to allow the event to not fail. I mean, there were a lot of good things I liked about it... but it had a lot of problems.

Ohh i do remember that a lot of people hated the BAM Killer, mainly because of the milestones to meet. The main problem with the event was not how it was organized. The numbers were a bit high i wont lie, but they were not impossible to achieve. Players wanted something easy to kill, like the kumases in Sythera Fae, but this was not a thing until later on the event. Despite the fact that they added a lower level of BAMS to the numbers to achieve, there was still a large portion of players who decided not to participate and wait for the ones who were working hard forming parties and slaying BAMS for hours, to finish the event so they could get the shops effortlessly. With only half of the community working towards the goals, the event was not going as fast as it was expected to go, so ultimately EME had to mess with the results just to allow the last shop to happen, cause the first 2 were purely earned through player effort (the ones who participated).
    If a similar event were to happen, it needs to have achievable goals with this point in mind: That some players will just slack off and wait till the other part of hard working players unlock the rewards for em.
    StarSprite wrote: »

Something like this and the other info graph would be nice.

These are some contests that I really liked. They're not really events but there are a lot of talented players in the community and this would be a good time to let them show off.
    http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/make-a-tera-monster-poster-win-prizes
    http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/hey-baby-what-s-your-class-contest
    http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/kelsaik-s-raid-video-guide-contest

And these were events that I personally enjoyed/stand out in memory from past years
    http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/you-can-be-huge-or-small-your-choice These items are just really fun
    http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/the-bam-killer-campaign-is-live This was already talked about. Again not many enjoyed grinding bams but I liked the token system and the prizes.

And of course the pvp tournaments canyon clash and skyring slam.

Lets add to the list the best (To my opinion) Kyras Potion Shack that ever existed:
    http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/show-kyra-s-potion-shack-some-love
    Combining the Blue Box Hunt with Kyras Potion Shack was one of the best ideas EME had so far, so i would really like to see it happen again.
  • counterpointcounterpoint ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zoknahal wrote: »
    Lets add to the list the best (To my opinion) Kyras Potion Shack that ever existed:
    http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/show-kyra-s-potion-shack-some-love
    Combining the Blue Box Hunt with Kyras Potion Shack was one of the best ideas EME had so far, so i would really like to see it happen again.
    This is the event that single-handedly destroyed Kyra's and caused them to have to wipe all the outstanding catalysts out in the next round (and was why the last Kyra's had such relatively poor prizes). People were way way too good at finding the blue boxes and they were way too generous. If you make it so the blue boxes are more fairly balanced in light of the people who know how to farm them, I'm quite sure the average person will say it's not worth it.
  • Noesis wrote: »

To echo some of the sentiment, you really should be asking these types of questions often and showing up to the party as often as humanly possible. I have played this game since before launch and throughout the years, I have left and returned for months at a time to see if anyone has learned anything (thinking of playing again after a year hiatus). Frankly, there has been some progress but many times I have seen it wanting. To be clear, I LOVE this game. I just feel that the sense of community and the community itself has been a varying level of, well, crap--for years.

I have tried and poured hours and hours in the past trying to make the community better to varying success. It's just not something one person or a few people can do. To this day, my fondest moments come from the launch days and the first Halloween event that was kinda non-existent but on Halloween night, the crew (Harmonia) came out to party in Pora Elinu and it was an utter mad house. I still have all those screenshots. I swear to you that just that dorky bit of fun with the EME team was enough to drive me for months.

So, take that small bit of feedback for what it is. :)
  • So much hype here.. Can't wait.
  • Noesis wrote: »
    I know everyone likes sales and deals.

Instead of a boring discount, how about making RNG box exclusive costumes available to purchase directly for a few days on the store?