[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

My Tera Journal

Comments

• I'm running priest actually. VoK is actually easier for me even when the last boss is the most challenging. Sometimes I miss VoK for that snake head, where we all have to group up but sometimes not. Other that that VoK is easier for me than SSN. That pizza slicer, for SSN Dakuryans...I can rarely get in the blue fast enough. I'm either too far away or I can't iframe fast enough into the blue. With Imperator, I can't move fast enough into the safe zone. I mean I move into it but for some reason I still get hit sometimes. I know not to be in the red. But sadly it gets me everytime. Its his animations that get me when I am trying to focus on healing at the same time. It's hard.
    I know I intend to rewatching the videos somemore, and maybe rethink my positioning.
  • I'm running priest actually. VoK is actually easier for me even when the last boss is the most challenging. Sometimes I miss VoK for that snake head, where we all have to group up but sometimes not. Other that that VoK is easier for me than SSN. That pizza slicer, for SSN Dakuryans...I can rarely get in the blue fast enough. I'm either too far away or I can't iframe fast enough into the blue. With Imperator, I can't move fast enough into the safe zone. I mean I move into it but for some reason I still get hit sometimes. I know not to be in the red. But sadly it gets me everytime. Its his animations that get me when I am trying to focus on healing at the same time. It's hard.
    I know I intend to rewatching the videos somemore, and maybe rethink my positioning.

Sound's to me like your staying a bit too far away from Dakuryan. The closer you are, the easier/faster it is to get to the appropriate pizza slice (shorter distance). As for Imperator, he gives plenty of time to get to him when the blue safe zone circle beneath him appears. If your following players around to heal them when the mobs spawn in, don't. As for Imperator's mechanic after reaching the safe zone, you shouldn't be healing during that phase, and should be focusing on moving (heal immediately after the mechanic).
  • JBGamingJBGaming ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Ah that is what I have been exactly doing, "what I shouldn't be doing" haha. Thank you. Those videos show the priest I have been watching anyway a good distance away. Maybe its their gear that is allowing them to do so. I'm still playing with slaughter.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah that is what I have been exactly doing, "what I shouldn't be doing" haha. Thank you. Those videos show the priest I have been watching anyway a good distance away. Maybe its their gear that is allowing them to do so. I'm still playing with slaughter.

Maybe they have more movement speed than your toon.

Diferent cristals, perfect rolls, better glyps, etc.
  • toon? I'm assuming you mean character? I don't really want to talk about rolls, or glyphs or crystals at this point. Be that your assumption might be right, one class will or SHOULD have different crystals, rolls, and glyph set ups. For example: I am not going to have the same build as a Lancer or a Sorcorer.
  • ArdireArdire ✭✭✭✭✭
    just be wearing a swift crystal in your weapon and have a movement speed roll on your boots and you'll be gucci, fam. helps a lot as a healer to be speedy on your toes.
  • aeee98aeee98 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm running priest actually. VoK is actually easier for me even when the last boss is the most challenging. Sometimes I miss VoK for that snake head, where we all have to group up but sometimes not. Other that that VoK is easier for me than SSN. That pizza slicer, for SSN Dakuryans...I can rarely get in the blue fast enough. I'm either too far away or I can't iframe fast enough into the blue. With Imperator, I can't move fast enough into the safe zone. I mean I move into it but for some reason I still get hit sometimes. I know not to be in the red. But sadly it gets me everytime. Its his animations that get me when I am trying to focus on healing at the same time. It's hard.

VoK is easy because the healer tend to not need to do anything unless the dps screws up. In theory last boss is soloable.
  • Ves1978Ves1978 ✭✭✭✭
    Well I've done ssn a few times. Even though I have watched the mechanics, I rewatch them to see where I have done something wrong. It's always the last two bosses that get me killed. Neophyte runs out and my grace runs out (which kind of sucks to be having it to last for twenty minutes and only be allowed to use it once.) I try to iframe and I can never get out of the animation coming. They get me every single time, when I watch some of the videos to memorize the animations and where to be. It isn't worth the study, because in game their animations are a lot faster, they move faster and I can't get around them. I'm getting only a little better but dang their animations are pretty fast and I just can't get to the safe zone fast enough.

cdr glyph on grace is a must for priest, with 2xcdr rolls on weapon (also a must imo) grace cd is like 6 minutes or something, you should be able to survive that long.
  • If you find yourself not making it to the blue for whatever reason on Dakuryon, you could use Healing Immersion and be close enough to the target to restore your HP too. You can also pop a Kaia's Shield if you don't think you'll make it. I do those things usually when there's a party that wants to burn through the pizza mechanic to save time.
  • That is one thing that has always bothered me about some healers. Look, you guys, FAR AWAY DOES NOT MAKE YOU SAFE. The best thing you can do to increase your survivability is to learn the boss's tells for attacks in your early runs for that boss, and start reacting to them accordingly once you've gotten a handle on them, rather than using distance as a way to avoid needing to learn the boss's tells. Most bosses now have attacks SPECIFICALLY for attacking people who think that their distance protects them, with some even having safe zones to further combat this idea that distance=safe.

If that's not the problem, and you REALLY can't avoid these attacks no matter how hard you try... how do I say this without being rude, oh wait, I can't. You suck, and you're a burden to everyone you run with if you continue trying to run these dungeons with the oh-so-difficult bosses that have the attacks you JUST CAN'T DODGE, GUYS.
  • JBGamingJBGaming ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Oh yes early morning comments. Thank you so much.
    So without further a due, I will introduce my Priest Portfolio
    rimbaldiofteraforumprofile_by_rimbaldi-daw9vab.png
    rimbaldiofteraforumprofileaccessories_by_rimbaldi-daw9vrv.png
    rimbaldiofteraforumprofilestats_by_rimbaldi-daw9vxj.png

Another question would be; why are pvp lines "permanent" in gear lines. For me that serves no purpose as I am not pvping.

• If you find yourself not making it to the blue for whatever reason on Dakuryon, you could use Healing Immersion and be close enough to the target to restore your HP too. You can also pop a Kaia's Shield if you don't think you'll make it. I do those things usually when there's a party that wants to burn through the pizza mechanic to save time.

I've actually been in a lot of those types of parties which in fact makes it hard on me, "knowing that I need to keep myself healed up and them too."
  • KarmaTheAlligatorKarmaTheAlligator ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Another question would be; why are pvp lines "permanent" in gear lines. For me that serves no purpose as I am not pvping.

Because BHS didn't want to have to make new different gear for PvP, so now every new gear has PvP lines.

On a completely unrelated note, I like that your character has that visor, looks like a censor bar to protect his identity :p
  • Another question would be; why are pvp lines "permanent" in gear lines. For me that serves no purpose as I am not pvping.

Because BHS didn't want to have to make new different gear for PvP, so now every new gear has PvP lines.

On a completely unrelated note, I like that your character has that visor, looks like a censor bar to protect his identity :p

I find that not making seperate pvp gear odd and unintelligent when the "creators" have the capabilities to come up with the most ridiculous bg's. I mean...Kumas Royal?... I've seen the video on it and its most likely something I will never do just because its a ridiculous bg. NOW, once I get properly geared and rolled I'll do proper bg's like CS or FWC, or GR. But I don't intend on playing with a bunch of fat kuma's running around in baby diapers. Although, they are loin clothes fro sumo wrestlers to be specific. Kuma's Royals is a particular bg I do not favor. Send that to another MMO.
    An the other note. I actually made my char blind, his eyes aren't even open. The visor reminded me of "Gordi LaForge" from Star Trek.
  • Another question would be; why are pvp lines "permanent" in gear lines. For me that serves no purpose as I am not pvping.

I find that not making seperate pvp gear odd and unintelligent

Well, they used to make PvP gear, but it's much easier to make hybrid gear. They've been taking a lot of shortcuts lately.