Healers, how do you keep your sanity?

Comments

• aeee98aeee98 ✭✭✭✭
    I remember doing to some pug runs on my mystic and complaining about stuff... My guild say something like 'pugs are how you learn to be pro'.

THIS LOL.

You really can't get better until you can heal carry traps.
  • ArdireArdire ✭✭✭✭✭
    "it's like working behind the scenes at disneyworld and not actually enjoying disneyworld"

that is this greatest and most succinct way i've ever heard playing support described as. bravo.
  • ArinovaArinova ✭✭✭
    "Healers, how do you keep your sanity?"
    We don't.
  • I play with my friends.
  • get a pocket dps/brawler and ignore everything else
  • LuhzLuhz ✭✭✭
    healing people in this game is easy as [filtered] right now
    every heal basically fulling peoples hp bars even with garbage gear
    i have no reason to complain about people facetanking to deal dps if they want to.
    if someone sucks, i will still res them when I get a chance. they won't learn to be better on the floor.
    and I won't ever refuse to heal someone because I'm salty at them like I have seen some people do or say they do. That's self damaging if anything.
  • PunishedSnakePunishedSnake ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    I start laughing at their dead bodies
    When they blame me for not following mechs, ressurrecting at wrong times... im like :^) /kick "idiot"
    When they keep floormating im like, "Do i have to outDPS you on my alt? Cause clearly you arent doing damage at all"
    When they say they can wreck me in 1vs1 im like :^)

10 seconds later...

"WTF THAT THRALL IS TOO OP BROKEN CLASS"
    "YOU ARENT TAKING DAMAGE AT ALL, I GET YOU TO 50 AND YOUR FULL AGAIN IN A SECOND"
    "HAX!! YOU ARENT SUPPOSED TO HAVE THAT MUCH DEFENSE!!"

And when it comes I outdps him as a healer im like :^) "Permabanned from any party in the future"

And then it comes to pvp raids and you got more points than him than his "DPS" results
  • Luhz wrote: »
    healing people in this game is easy as [filtered] right now
    every heal basically fulling peoples hp bars even with garbage gear
    i have no reason to complain about people facetanking to deal dps if they want to.
    if someone sucks, i will still res them when I get a chance. they won't learn to be better on the floor.
    and I won't ever refuse to heal someone because I'm salty at them like I have seen some people do or say they do. That's self damaging if anything.

Then you my friend have a great amount of patience.
  • aeee98aeee98 ✭✭✭✭
    I start laughing at their dead bodies
    When they blame me for not following mechs, ressurrecting at wrong times... im like :^) /kick "idiot"
    When they keep floormating im like, "Do i have to outDPS you on my alt? Cause clearly you arent doing damage at all"
    When they say they can wreck me in 1vs1 im like :^)

10 seconds later...

"WTF THAT THRALL IS TOO OP BROKEN CLASS"
    "YOU ARENT TAKING DAMAGE AT ALL, I GET YOU TO 50 AND YOUR FULL AGAIN IN A SECOND"
    "HAX!! YOU ARENT SUPPOSED TO HAVE THAT MUCH DEFENSE!!"

And when it comes I outdps him as a healer im like :^) "Permabanned from any party in the future"

And then it comes to pvp raids and you got more points than him than his "DPS" results

The last one is actually pretty easy lol.
  • Well, whem i started as a healer I was really annoyed by other players comments like... "ress, HEAL??, noob, gg" etc. But since then I really learned how to play as a healer and now I can do some amazing things with a ~trap~party, what make me have enough confidance to just ignore comments like that since if Im doing my job right and u still dying... well, thats not my fault.

So, my tip is: learn your class, be the best you can, do your job and if someone dares to say something mean to you: 1) ignore, do your job, heal first the one who is doing his job well too
    2) start a fight and have some fun with it :^)

But the thing is: its just a game, dont take it too serious. People are mean and love to blame others for their own mistakes. Just ignore and have fun with your class.
  • basically all i do is, let them know i'm their god, and if you want a good run, don't make me mad. sometimes they listen, most times they don't. if someone starts bad mouthing you just start to have fun by letting them be floor mats. if it's the entire team, this will be a quick run because most will drop out, then you can restart and hopefully have a good run. it's all about having fun right? you get what you give pretty much
  • ZaqryffZaqryff
    edited January 2017
    Healing is super fun when you get into trap parties. I learn a lot when I heal trap parties. Priorities, patience and skills of course.

As a mystic in DFHM, I once got into a party where a tank kept tanking Prima instead of Vera, in Odon's fight where everyone just ran into the carpets and died next to two motes lying there uselessly, res-ed the tank who kept tanking on 3 stacks of poison puddles and died.

As a priest in LKNM where dps was so low that my grace expired 3-4 times. A warrior who died to every small red circle aoe, buffed lilith as we failed every shield phase, but I kept on debuffing the boss, energy star whenever it's up and res-ed fallen pt members, who used neo res right after I casted the res spell.

Healing is fun, I queued dungeons as a healer for some entertainment. One of the reason I play a healer is to get the chance to say "Lol you can't even iframe that" "I'm your god now" "Even a god can't heal you that much if you keep taking dmg like an idiot" but I refrain myself from saying such things xD
  • take a shot everytime someone dies and blames you. or insults you.
  • TipanniTipanni ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Personally, I always find that the party can always perform 70% better if a healer is good, that's why it's up to the healer to improve. A tank and the other party members may take a lot of hits, ignore mechanics, or die. But still, a healer's can drastically change the performance of a team. For example a priest, without their triple nemesis, allows their teammate to lose 10% dmg whenever it is not on! That's a huge different between a 5min fight to a 6min fight. On top of that, there's Energy star which increase everyone's damage for 48 power and 9.6% attack speed! Whenever it's off, there's a huge difference and changes the rhythm of the party, mind you that the power alone is roughly 20% dmg increase. A 5min fight can change into a 8min fight just having Energy Star on only 50% of the time. There is a lot of pressure for healers, I can understand clearly why but even instances where the priest (you) is reviving someone, they should throw a triple nemesis quickly and make sure Energy Star is on too. If the boss is tricky and some people take hits, heal them quickly or use restoration burst/kaia shield before you revive someone. Make sure to glyth your reviving skill for faster cast time and if you prefer, use noctenium infusion to cast it even 30% faster (that's 60% faster when glythed). Healers should not keep anyone dead on the floor for NO LONGER than I would say 15 seconds UP TO 30 seconds if it's IMPOSSIBLE due to mechanics. And always remember to buff them as soon as you can because every second you don't, they lose that 25 power buff, which is basically 10% dmg lost including Energy Star damage they lose for dying.

Yes, it can be frustrating when Melee get hit a lot due to the boss mechanics or range-classes not doing mechanics a lot and tanks getting a lot of hit and blaming you for not healing. It still should be the healer's "50%" responsibility for faults IF they DO NOT do these in the important order: (1) Energy star the PEOPLE! THEY WANT ATTACK SPEED AND TRY TO NOT MAKE THEM LOSE INSANE AMOUNT OF DAMAGE (2) Always try to have their HP above 70%, the LESS HP they have, they WORSE their damage GREATLY decreases from FEAR OF GETTING HIT(3) TRIPLE NEMESIS is 5-7 seconds cooldown and last 12secs, you have plenty of time to cast it again so it won't go away! KEEP IT UP AT whenever you don't see it on the boss or when the skill is off cooldown (4) don't leave people on the floor TOO long and make sure to BUFF THEM as soon as you can after you revive and dodge mechanics (5) ALWAYS MANA CHARGE for tanks+sorc+warriors and know RESTORATION BURST IS GODLY, gives mana overtime but more importantly, it heals 8-10k every second for 5seconds. It gives you time to do another mechanics.

A tip is to glyth kaia shield to heal back 15%(heals 20-25k) total HP overtime whenever it is casted, HEALING overtime is always good as people have ton more HP now! Lastly, sometimes healer's have to change hits so they can perform debuffs/buff to boss/players and heal or revive people knowing its better to take some HP lost for greater good of the performance of the team by doing AS MUCH AS YOU POTENTIALLY CAN according to the listed above. Gear up as good but you don't require top endgame gears as much hits they kills you are FIX dmgs or 1-shot mechanics. Note HP is a good build if you have decent defense. And remember, at the end of the day, as long as you know you did a good job and did the best of your ability with what Ping god has given you and the stress you were put upon, then its okay to complain because the other good players in the party already know how good you are and how wrong the other person is even if they don't say it.

PS: I play tank/dps/priest for many years now so I am open-minded if there's any feedback to what I have said. Sorry if I came off strong or offensive to anyone, I meant the best interest for those who like playing healer classes and these should be taken as just tips and advice from a player who mains a priest. The key is to always have fun and do your best without feeling too stress. Tera is a game meant for enjoyment~ ^^
  • I keep my sanity by laughing at the ones who run in blindly and die or get some other form of malady by laughing and having a cup of coffee, then heal the ones that have some degree of intelligence. If it gets way over the top, then I'm out of there. There is always going to be the one person who throws caution to the wind.