[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 11/18 at 6pm PST. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

Merge Servers Please

Comments

• i think is a good idea.... i will post in LFG (selling tank service) $$$$$ 5k NM runs 10k HM runs DONE!! TY Robertina GG
  • PinopyPinopy ✭✭✭
    Tyrant666 wrote: »
    Pinopy wrote: »
    The only major issue I have with server merges is potentially losing my names.

I hate that it is just whoever logs in first, I think it should be based on total play time for that character, so long as you have logged into your character at least once over the past 12 months. They could combine server merges with another name reclamation, any character not logged into over the last 12 months loses their name, otherwise name goes to the character with the most playtime. I figure this would at least give players who do loose their name a good set of reclaimed names to choose from.

It's whoever logs in first? so say you had that name and char for 2 years, and lots of playtime, if the other person of the same name who only had the name for a week/playtime a month but they log in first, they get dibs?
    If so, that's pretty [filtered] up. Rip those who might have school or work on a day that that would happen.

Shut up Pinopy go back to being [filtered] lmfao

??????????
  • darkstriker07darkstriker07 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    either you people didnt really play much mmos, or just too naive. game isnt dying, its dead. it was dying for ages since the last actually new content we had before the 30 man raids was alliance. anything else is just recycled content. i'd give the benefit of doubt for the new raid thing since i stopped playing actively for a few months now. i still log here and then but each time i log, game looks even more emptier.

eme recently went down to the p2w path and still seemingly trying it(yes the scrolls for entries arent p2w, but its trying it since its not something really existed in cash shop and gives advantage). its very much out of character for them to implement dragons the way they did, and publishers always go down to milking route before prepping to move on to other projects. its also a known thing that bhs is working on some new stuff, and its not new for korean devs to shutdown projects when the new ones are even slightly more profitable.

you people need to accept this simple fact of game being dead and buried, not dying. devs know this so theyre milking it as much as they can before it ends. eme is owned by bhs so yeah, eme is pretty like the devs. theres a reason why every single face eme had that actually cared about community had left it. the biggest examples would be tonka and treeshark. tonka did made some vid questioning gaming industry. he did said it wasnt connected to eme, but cmon guy only worked in eme. it was very much obvious. and then there is treeshark who left just after eme had eaten its promise of keeping the game free from p2w. he said it wasnt that as well, but yeah i did not buy that.

so before anybody says anything about this game being like this had nothing to do with eme, dont be such a fool. its a publishers job to make their community heard by the devs. if youre failing at it, then you are incompetent. in emes case its even worse, since they cant even keep people who tries to do their job in the company. they are just as much guilty as bhs at ruining this game.

and to those who thinks steam is inaccurate i'll tell you for sure that if people play less on steam they will surely play just as less, if not lesser through direct donwload since majority of older players didnt had the game from steam and tera is a very trash game to start new. i personally only started cus i had a friend asking me to come play with him. if i didnt had that i certainly wouldnt play as much as i did. also when i actually played actively i always gave out all my buddyup codes, which is a very very long time. only 3 of them reached 65. and those who did didnt even get whatever gear dropped from channelworks.
  • @Roly just immagine LFG will be ALL looking For tanks and u there - WTS Tanking services *_* .
  • edited January 2017
    in emes case its even worse, since they cant even keep people who tries to do their job in the company.

I don't expect I'm going to convince you, but there are a few things you need to keep in mind.

1) The fact that all those key people stayed in their key positions for so many years in the game industry is itself really unusual. The game industry has very high turnover; people switch jobs or companies very often. In some cases -- particularly for people in the Community Team and on the management level -- it is the only real way to get career advancement. If someone stays in a given job for 5+ years and moves to another job as the next step in their career, there's nothing wrong or unhealthy about that. (It would be worse to try to stop them if it's better for their future.)

2) The job of working at a game company is not entirely about the game you work on. It's work. Work has stress, and politics, and interpersonal dynamics, and frustration, and dealing with bosses and deadlines. It doesn't matter if you're working on the best, most well-made, most well-received game on the planet -- it's still a job. And, again, after working in the same job for a long period of time, it's normal for people to consider if they want to do something different. Some people will even burn out. Games themselves may be fun, but the gaming industry is not always all that fun. (This is why some of the comments are directed at the gaming industry in general; people who work in the industry are not under a big delusion that the problems their company faces are in any way unique because they network with others in the industry as well.)

3) All the key people you're referring to started working at EME at around the same time and were part of the same team. It shouldn't be very surprising that when one person finally makes a decision to take a new step in their career, it would cause the other members of the team to re-consider what might be next for them too. This is, again, totally normal and expected in this sort of situation. (When "the band" breaks up, often times everyone goes their separate ways.) And EME's responsibility as an employer isn't just to try to "keep people in their job in the company." It's to always be looking for new people as well with new ideas and to be able to keep sustaining the company over time. If the success of the company really depended on keeping certain people in their roles, they're at very high risk.

I think it's easy to create this sort of giant conspiracy narrative that all these individual decisions are tied to the direction the game is taking, but I think you're really over-estimating just how important a role TERA would play in such a major life-decision. Further, I think you're over-estimating the idea that the decisions or politics at EME are really all that different than pretty much anywhere else in the gaming industry. Certainly all of the staff in question have intimated as much in their respective farewell streams; the politics and frustrations often just come with the territory.

I am not trying to say that I agree with all the decisions EME has made or are making, and I'm certainly not saying that I think the game is in a good place right now. But I don't think you have the evidence or standing to support the conclusions (insinuation/innuendo) you're trying to draw about these people's individual career decisions, nor do I really think it's fair to any of the parties to do so. (Even if they flat out tell you "no, it's not about that", you can just accuse them of lying to cover-up the "truth.") I think the issues with the game and service are enough to stand by themselves without the accompanying insinuation.
  • PamcakePamcake ✭✭✭
    I heard Black Dessert is getting better. (sad I can't play NA, stupid Russia)
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pamcake wrote: »

With all classes being gender locked.
  • PamcakePamcake ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    Pamcake wrote: »

With all classes being gender locked.

They did from the beginning, not like Tera who just milking the idea of gender locked classes. I'm very tierd of looking at those poor brawlers who can't have any full cover gear. And I can make truly interesting characters in BD. But as I said I don't want to play with Russians and my country is block in NA servers.
  • in emes case its even worse, since they cant even keep people who tries to do their job in the company.

I don't expect I'm going to convince you, but there are a few things you need to keep in mind.

1) The fact that all those key people stayed in their key positions for so many years in the game industry is itself really unusual. The game industry has very high turnover; people switch jobs or companies very often. In some cases -- particularly for people in the Community Team and on the management level -- it is the only real way to get career advancement. If someone stays in a given job for 5+ years and moves to another job as the next step in their career, there's nothing wrong or unhealthy about that. (It would be worse to try to stop them if it's better for their future.)

2) The job of working at a game company is not entirely about the game you work on. It's work. Work has stress, and politics, and interpersonal dynamics, and frustration, and dealing with bosses and deadlines. It doesn't matter if you're working on the best, most well-made, most well-received game on the planet -- it's still a job. And, again, after working in the same job for a long period of time, it's normal for people to consider if they want to do something different. Some people will even burn out. Games themselves may be fun, but the gaming industry is not always all that fun. (This is why some of the comments are directed at the gaming industry in general; people who work in the industry are not under a big delusion that the problems their company faces are in any way unique because they network with others in the industry as well.)

3) All the key people you're referring to started working at EME at around the same time and were part of the same team. It shouldn't be very surprising that when one person finally makes a decision to take a new step in their career, it would cause the other members of the team to re-consider what might be next for them too. This is, again, totally normal and expected in this sort of situation. (When "the band" breaks up, often times everyone goes their separate ways.) And EME's responsibility as an employer isn't just to try to "keep people in their job in the company." It's to always be looking for new people as well with new ideas and to be able to keep sustaining the company over time. If the success of the company really depended on keeping certain people in their roles, they're at very high risk.

I think it's easy to create this sort of giant conspiracy narrative that all these individual decisions are tied to the direction the game is taking, but I think you're really over-estimating just how important a role TERA would play in such a major life-decision. Further, I think you're over-estimating the idea that the decisions or politics at EME are really all that different than pretty much anywhere else in the gaming industry. Certainly all of the staff in question have intimated as much in their respective farewell streams; the politics and frustrations often just come with the territory.

I am not trying to say that I agree with all the decisions EME has made or are making, and I'm certainly not saying that I think the game is in a good place right now. But I don't think you have the evidence or standing to support the conclusions (insinuation/innuendo) you're trying to draw about these people's individual career decisions, nor do I really think it's fair to any of the parties to do so. (Even if they flat out tell you "no, it's not about that", you can just accuse them of lying to cover-up the "truth.") I think the issues with the game and service are enough to stand by themselves without the accompanying insinuation.

1-im very much aware of how the turnouts and how the businesses in the industry works. but the thing here is the circumstances with their situation about the examples i have given. im sorry but why would you make a video about criticizing gaming industry(in a way that is way too similar to what bhs is been doing all these years) just after you left the only one you had worked in?

2-except those people are adults who are very much aware that such stress and stuff exists in any kind of job, and if it was truly that stressful without any artifical reasons they wouldnt stay in that company for that long. nobody likes being in an overly stressing environment.

3-yes, it is emes job to keep good employees in their company. if you dont encourage your subordinates you wont go anywhere as a company, big or small, this industry or that industry. companies do like productive workers and will always try to steal their rivals productive members. and tonka left a good while ago while treeshark is rather recent. if it was "band breaking up" treeshark would left so much earlier.

its not a conspiracy, its the obvious. when people dont enjoy what kind of work they do, they quit it. those people ive mentioned was working on tera, they didnt like where it was going and they left. if eme/bhs was all good and dandy with their work yeah it wouldnt be the case. but as you said theyre not doing a good job. hell they dont even try to get better at all. you seriously think its just "career choices" that these people left? these people who actually listened the community unlike anybody else? when one of them made a very clear video about how is it happening in the gaming industry while the only industry he ever worked was eme? a persons opinion of an industry will get shaped by the companies he worked in the said industry very heavily.

its not a big secret that eme is incompetent. you simply cant deny that with how many times they failed to keep their promises to players or made our voice heard by the devs. i would give them benefit of the doubt if these werent the circumstances we have, but they are. and they still keep breaking their promises to this day. im not flat out telling that those people left eme solely because of the way tera is going, but im very much certain it was the biggest factor above anything else.
  • edited January 2017
    im sorry but why would you make a video about criticizing gaming industry(in a way that is way too similar to what bhs is been doing all these years) just after you left the only one you had worked in?
    Because he's connected enough to know the problems are not anything unique or specific to the company he was working for. For example, the disconnection between community team and production is a systemic weakness throughout the industry that comes with the position. This is why he didn't only change companies, but he left the gaming industry entirely. He had an idealistic view of how the whole game industry should be, and realized it's flawed. That's a realization he probably would have come to no matter what company he was working for.

(And by making the video, he probably killed his own chances of ever working in the industry again, so he wouldn't have done that if he thought it was just one bad company.)

its not a conspiracy, its the obvious. when people dont enjoy what kind of work they do, they quit it. those people ive mentioned was working on tera, they didnt like where it was going and they left. if eme/bhs was all good and dandy with their work yeah it wouldnt be the case.
    That's way too simplistic. Yes, that can be one factor, but there are many, many factors that go into it. You might like your job overall, but realize that it won't fulfill your career goals. You might like your job overall, but you may have an opportunity to move to spend more time with family/loved ones. You might like your job overall, but see another job opportunity that also interests you and would provide something new/different. You might like your job overall, but just decide that it's time for a break/change after years of doing the same thing. Their jobs weren't based primarily on their faith in TERA as a game; it's a job not a religion.

im not flat out telling that those people left eme solely because of the way tera is going, but im very much certain it was the biggest factor above anything else.
    Well, I'm very much certain it wasn't, and they've stated as much on multiple occasions, but there's no way to prove it if you think it's "obvious" that everyone is covering up "the truth." So obviously people will believe what they want, but in the end I don't think it's fair to these people to accuse them of lying to support a narrative about the state of the game. It also isn't necessary to bring that up in order to discuss the real problems... like this issue of potentially merging servers.
  • ye...FF is ded...
  • I think tera would do really good if they actually advertised the game.
    It would be nice if we actually had some sort of referral program as an initiative for bringing people to the game. Then again there are still new games being made.

• Because he's connected enough to know the problems are not anything unique or specific to the company he was working for. For example, the disconnection between community team and production is a systemic weakness throughout the industry that comes with the position. This is why he didn't only change companies, but he left the gaming industry entirely. He had an idealistic view of how the whole game industry should be, and realized it's flawed. That's a realization he probably would have come to no matter what company he was working for.
    (And by making the video, he probably killed his own chances of ever working in the industry again, so he wouldn't have done that if he thought it was just one bad company.)

hes connected enough to know the problems, yes. but if those problems werent existing in his company he wouldnt quit. why would he? the man loved tera.
    That's way too simplistic. Yes, that can be one factor, but there are many, many factors that go into it. You might like your job overall, but realize that it won't fulfill your career goals. You might like your job overall, but you may have an opportunity to move to spend more time with family/loved ones. You might like your job overall, but see another job opportunity that also interests you and would provide something new/different. You might like your job overall, but just decide that it's time for a break/change after years of doing the same thing. Their jobs weren't based primarily on their faith in TERA as a game; it's a job not a religion.

yeah but as i have said, with the direction eme went its very hard to believe that its not the biggest factor.
    Well, I'm very much certain it wasn't, and they've stated as much on multiple occasions, but there's no way to prove it if you think it's "obvious" that everyone is covering up "the truth." So obviously people will believe what they want, but in the end I don't think it's fair to these people to accuse them of lying to support a narrative about the state of the game. It also isn't necessary to bring that up in order to discuss the real problems... like this issue of potentially merging servers.

i'll remind you that PR talk is a real thing. it would be very much unprofessional to talk against a company you just left, so ofc they would speak that way. and if you seriously think these people who actually tried to put their work into this game had no problem seeing it ruined the way its been, then i'm very much certain you never had that experience of your boss ruining your work. or youre just extremely naive. and it is very much unnecesarry to bring up anything at this point since nothing will ever save tera. bhs doesnt care, therefore neither does eme. eme has the power to fix loot tables as we all know. and that alone could really easily fix so many damn things wrong in this game. do you see them doing any of it? nope. so yeah take off your whiteknighting googles off. youre defending the very same company that didnt keep a single promise they ever made.
  • Btw is it really possible to merge all this servers in 2.....?
  • I do hope for a merge, the game is at its worst state right now in 4 years. There's mostly AFK players but even then there are fewer AFK players than previous patches and even less players actually doing anything compared to other patches.