Regarding Dragon Scales in patch notes

edited February 2017 in General Discussion
Correct me, if I'm wrong. @Spacecats @Noesis @Yamazuki @StarSprite
Dragon Scales
We’ve added a new reward type to Vanguard Requests.

Dragon Scales can be exchanged at the Dragon Scale shop for Hardening Dragon Eggs, Health Potions, and Bravery Potions.
Using a Hardening Dragon Egg randomly gives you either an Iron Dragon or Crimson Dragon skill manual, or a Dragon Claw.
You can convert 8 Dragon Claws into a Mysterious Dragon Egg, which generates either an Iron Dragon or Crimson Dragon skill manual.

But we already had Dragon Scales available as rewards in Vanguard Requests, specifically some dungeons and battlegrounds reward you with one dragon scale. What is this part of the patch notes about? As far as I've seen in Vanguard Requests nothing much changed from Fang & Feather?

Comments

• counterpointcounterpoint ✭✭✭✭✭
    But we already had Dragon Scales available as rewards in Vanguard Requests, specifically some dungeons and battlegrounds reward you with one dragon scale. What is this part of the patch notes about? As far as I've seen in Vanguard Requests nothing much changed from Fang & Feather?

It's not the vanguard part, it's the part after that:

1) Scales can be traded for items other than eggs, if you don't care about dragons
    2) After 8 failed attempts with the regular eggs, you are guaranteed a dragon with the mysterious egg.
  • But we already had Dragon Scales available as rewards in Vanguard Requests, specifically some dungeons and battlegrounds reward you with one dragon scale. What is this part of the patch notes about? As far as I've seen in Vanguard Requests nothing much changed from Fang & Feather?

1) Scales can be traded for items other than eggs, if you don't care about dragons
    2) After 8 failed attempts with the regular eggs, you are guaranteed a dragon with the mysterious egg.

I see.. Well then into the bug reports this goes.
    y3mMTCuJFVoayqZnvEQ5HM-L4XX-vx-rl8fQT5m6BKcdjDdYZ3WlPZ8NKlJAJiqn6gjz2hvJpGFyFy86ZjmGGsLYjC19rpR-s9LhvQu3ALFyKPlQogVm7bUJGbfK6cK1-9FAH2XYuQLxZWNJJskYVqlYQz3OEZ-hhwItElG_lP8etk?width=1024&height=576&cropmode=none
  • Ray676Ray676 ✭✭✭
    Nice my idea finally came true :D gaurenteed dragons feels good mannnnnnnnnnnnnnn
  • But we already had Dragon Scales available as rewards in Vanguard Requests, specifically some dungeons and battlegrounds reward you with one dragon scale. What is this part of the patch notes about? As far as I've seen in Vanguard Requests nothing much changed from Fang & Feather?

We actually tried the 8-whatever egg today.
    It does not garantee it at all..At least for my egg it didn't
    Gave me 2 claws
  • counterpointcounterpoint ✭✭✭✭✭

Gave me 2 claws

Yeah, I've heard some other reports of the same thing, and as was shown in the screenshot above the merchant doesn't seem to have the items either. So there seems to be something wrong with the patch or the patch notes.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭

Gave me 2 claws

Yeah, I've heard some other reports of the same thing, and as was shown in the screenshot above the merchant doesn't seem to have the items either. So there seems to be something wrong with the patch or the patch notes.

Being this a visible error from EME/BHS then the ppl who tried this would want to have some compensation (maybe the dragon that it said it would pop-up).
  • NoctivNoctiv ✭✭✭
    They probably should have clarified those patch notes. There was definitely not a guaranteed dragon from the 8 claw egg.
  • aeee98aeee98 ✭✭✭✭
    Inb4 it is really guarenteed and EME screwed up.
  • Hi everyone, I'm sorry to be late to this thread, but I was catching up on some work and caught wind of this. I have temporarily removed the Hardening Dragon Egg from the Dragon Scale Shop while we investigate the expected behavior on this. I've also gone ahead and added in the Bravery and Health potions that were supposed to go live in this shop with the release of Sword and Hoard.
  • Noesis wrote: »
    Hi everyone, I'm sorry to be late to this thread, but I was catching up on some work and caught wind of this. I have temporarily removed the Hardening Dragon Egg from the Dragon Scale Shop while we investigate the expected behavior on this. I've also gone ahead and added in the Bravery and Health potions that were supposed to go live in this shop with the release of Sword and Hoard.

Everything is still the same with Dragon Scale shop.

• It took me a few minutes to double check I wasn't going to delete the wrong items from the wrong shops, but it should be showing bravery / health pots and no hardened eggs in the dragon scale shop now.
    It took me a few minutes to double check I wasn't going to delete the wrong items from the wrong shops, but it should be showing bravery / health pots and no hardened eggs in the dragon scale shop now.

Well done!
    It took me a few minutes to double check I wasn't going to delete the wrong items from the wrong shops, but it should be showing bravery / health pots and no hardened eggs in the dragon scale shop now.
    I really hope this is some kind of mistake, because putting 10 scales for 1 bravery or 1 health potion is a massive joke, Even 1 scale for 1 brav/health potion would be a joke. Do you honestly think running 1 dungeon for 15-30 minutes is worth 1 scale, So your saying 2.5 hours to 5 hours are worth 1 health potion, 200 gold.
    This is a sick joke and shows out of touch people really are.
  • vralevrale ✭✭✭
    138f4890168ed1409d6fd5142cce0677.png

This was from a friend today as well.
  • aeee98aeee98 ✭✭✭✭
    Xristosx wrote: »
    Noesis wrote: »
    I really hope this is some kind of mistake, because putting 10 scales for 1 bravery or 1 health potion is a massive joke, Even 1 scale for 1 brav/health potion would be a joke. Do you honestly think running 1 dungeon for 15-30 minutes is worth 1 scale, So your saying 2.5 hours to 5 hours are worth 1 health potion, 200 gold.
    This is a sick joke and shows out of touch people really are.

1 scale for 2 health potions would actually be logical looking at how old Battlegrounds settle rewards, but yeah the current rate is legitimately stupid XD.