[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Bring back mystic dps

Comments

• Ghost915 wrote: »
    Being able to support party while dealing a nice amount of dps was really fun! It's what made me start playing mystic, and now it's... Not as fun.

wait, mystic got nerfed? after they just got a buff? sorry i hadn't played in a while, can someone explain?

they buffed mystic damage for awhile then cut it in half, and for the finishing blow they made it so healers can't use crit power nostrums.
  • MistrussMistruss ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    If they did that then there would be no reason to invite a Priest into a party.
    Mystics already do way more than what Priests can do and to add DPS on top of that would be overkill.

Hell, you might even see a couple RMHM LFGs asking for Mystic only.
    People see that the top clear time spots are pretty much all taken by parties with a Mystic.
    It's understandable why any party would prefer a Mystic over Priest in RMHM and any other dungeon for that matter if they're aiming for speed clears.

Mystics are already the go-to healer for all dungeons so giving them more damage would just leave the people that play the priest class to those who enjoy it. It's already starting to become like that actually.
  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mistruss wrote: »
    Mystics already do way more than what Priests can do and to add DPS on top of that would be overkill.

[filtered], you might even see a couple RMHM LFGs asking for Mystic only.
    People see that the top clear time spots are pretty much all taken by parties with a Mystic.
    It's understandable why any party would prefer a Mystic over Priest in RMHM and any other dungeon for that matter if they're aiming for speed clears.

Mystics are already the go-to healer for all dungeons so giving them more damage would just leave the people that play the priest class because they enjoy it. It's already starting to become like that actually.

Priest had their damage lowered as well, it's just people who play Mystic seem to complain often about their "lack of performance" even though no instance in recent seasons have ever been unfavorable towards Mystics.
  • BaldurdashBaldurdash ✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Mistruss wrote: »

[filtered], you might even see a couple RMHM LFGs asking for Mystic only.

Mystics are already the go-to healer for all dungeons so giving them more damage would just leave the people that play the priest class because they enjoy it. It's already starting to become like that actually.

You're not going to get a solo heal mystic to dps rmhm. If someone did manage to pull it off it's because they have a group that knows how to dodge 95% of the time(amaterasu or equivalent guilds). If anything this would encourage priest and mystic mains to play together instead of one having to switch to their DPS alt.

Edit: yes people like seeing their own high numbers which priest and mystic in same party would give, even if the clear is slower than world's fastest.
  • MistrussMistruss ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Baldurdash wrote: »
    You're not going to get a solo heal mystic to dps rmhm. If someone did manage to pull it off it's because they have a group that knows how to dodge 95% of the time(amaterasu or equivalent guilds). If anything this would encourage priest and mystic mains to play together instead of one having to switch to their DPS alt.

Edit: yes people like seeing their own high numbers which priest and mystic in same party would give, even if the clear is slower than world's fastest.

Sounds like a lot of fun to be a Priest in an RMHM run with a Mystic if they were to get a big buff to their damage.
    You get to buff em up at the start of the fight and hope that someone gets stunned to pull em out of the way while healing here and there.

Maybe you'll even get the spider on you on the second boss and you get to run all the way to an egg to feed it.
    But let's not forget your most important role, and that's to Kaia's when Lachalith soul spheres.

Cleanse? Nope. Mystic has got that covered with their motes, too much effort to group around the priest and dodge lasers.
    Plague 50% mechanic? Nah. Mystic's Regress is way faster and besides, they'll be hugging the boss to DPS anyway.

I can imagine it now...
    DPS, tank, and Mystic having fun attacking the boss while you stand somewhere and hope they get hit and hope the Mystic doesn't boomerang for instant heals and damage since they're that close to everyone anyway.

Actually, this is the current situation even without a buff to Mystic's DPS.
    Why do people duo heal? Why would you promote duo healing? :(
  • Sounds like a lot of fun to be a Priest in an RMHM run with a Mystic if they were to get a big buff to their damage.
    You get to buff em up at the start of the fight and hope that someone gets stunned to pull em out of the way while healing here and there.

That's a given and it's pretty important.
    Maybe you'll even get the spider on you on the second boss and you get to run all the way to an egg to feed it.
    But let's not forget your most important role, and that's to Kaia's when Lachalith soul spheres.

Priest cleanse is better for malgarios fight, and kaia's is pretty [filtered] important for soul spheres.
    Cleanse? Nope. Mystic has got that covered with their motes, too much effort to group around the priest and dodge lasers.
    Plague 50% mechanic? Nah. Mystic's Regress is way faster and besides, they'll be hugging the boss to DPS anyway.

So where in this fight is mystic gonna have time to throw motes without sacrificing their dps, because the [filtered] aren't gonna last long enough if you start them before the fight. Also who cares if plague/regress overlap, nobody wants an attack speed buffed lachelith. (p.s. I'm not gonna take damage from first ring just to regress that's way too dangerous with orb and pushback mechanic follow up)
    Why do people duo heal? Why would you promote duo healing?

Because there is a demand for auras + priest buffs and the safety net that comes with two healers. Yeah people can call that bad but who gives a damn if they're having fun doing it. Options to play with are always better. It doesn't affect you if you are against it anyway since you can form your own parties with your own roles and expectations.
  • The point of the post was to showcase how not fun it is for the priest.
    You're tunnel visioning your own class and pretending it would be fun for the Priest.

How do you think a Priest would feel if a Mystic is able to DPS and heal at the same time?
    I'm sorry you're not good enough to do both, but I'm sure there are people who can.

You're increasing the skill ceiling for Mystic while saying Priests can be fine just being heal and buff bots.

How awesome do you think it sounds to know that if you practice hard enough you can be a god Mystic who does 1m p sec and keeps their entire team alive as well? Try to put yourself in the shoes of a Priest or of players skilled enough to not need a safety net or someone to fix their mistakes on standby.

Not everyone wants every dungeon to be braindead easy.
    Promoting duo heal and making it even BETTER is what you're suggesting.

Why?
  • Mystic has thrall of vengeance, thrall of protectiong and curse of ring (something like that) for their dps. I think the dps they do is actually fairly decent.
  • Mistruss wrote: »
    The point of the post was to showcase how not fun it is for the priest.
    You're tunnel visioning your own class and pretending it would be fun for the Priest.

How do you think a Priest would feel if a Mystic is able to DPS and heal at the same time?
    I'm sorry you're not good enough to do both, but I'm sure there are people who can.

You're increasing the skill ceiling for Mystic while saying Priests can be fine just being heal and buff bots.

How awesome do you think it sounds to know that if you practice hard enough you can be a god Mystic who does 1m p sec and keeps their entire team alive as well? Try to put yourself in the shoes of a Priest or of players skilled enough to not need a safety net or someone to fix their mistakes on standby.

Not everyone wants every dungeon to be braindead easy.
    Promoting duo heal and making it even BETTER is what you're suggesting.

Why?

you can't do 1m/s and keep your team alive at the same time unless you're doing a boss with no mechanics. I'm sorry no one is that good. You either dps and let priest handle healing or you half [filtered] everything. I'm serious if you stop to heal then you might as well kiss your dps goodbye.

Why do I want this? Dps get priest + mystic buffs, I get to party with my priest friends [(instead of the party choosing between him/her or me) Or I switch to priest if I don't feel like doing dps] and dungeons are less stressful.

Mystic dps is [filtered] fun I don't get why anyone would be opposed to it. You don't take over the healing role at all. In a perfect world everyone would be grouped up for boomerang pulse but that is almost never the case. Who takes care of the mystic when they get hit dpsing? Not themselves because thrall/mote self heal take far too long to recover health.
  • TewiiTewii ✭✭✭
    I mean... you don't invalidate a Priest in your group by dpsing. If anything you put more of the job on them while fulfilling another role.

I've parsed some of the highest dps (and still do) as mystic dps. I can still pull close to 700k on a few bosses currently, but to relive the glory days would be baller.

Bring it back. Give my Behemoth DPS gear more purpose!
  • MistrussMistruss ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    It's not about invalidating the priest, it's constantly giving people more reason to play Mystic over Priest
    (wait, that pretty much does invalidate priest)

Mystic is already the better of the two healers when going for speed runs.

Giving them more tools to make the run even faster than having a priest widens the gap.
    What reason would any party have to pick priest over mystic when it's not a training run?
    And even if it is a training run, it's still better to have a mystic.

This applies to now as well, even without Mystic DPS, there really is no reason to run with a priest if you're doing a speed/parse run.
  • TewiiTewii ✭✭✭
    Priests are better with the upcoming Lunar Dancer with regards to the fact that class has a ton of inbuilt crit and run full power. Archers, too, can achieve insane critrates even without a Mystic. Add Lamb on top of that which are used in parse runs and you can begin to see that Priest, in certain party compositions, is a good pick for solohealing, perhaps even better than Mystic.

And no, it doesn't invalidate the Priest. They do more of the job they are meant to, and it doesn't incentivize Mystics to be chosen. I have soloheal DPSed RMHM (first two bosses) before and it's not exactly easy. You underestimate the difficulty. Squishier than sorcs with 1/3 of the tools to avoid damage completely.

And if we're talking about choosing one or the other for a speed run, you realize that the solo healer in said party will be doing just that - healing?
  • Tewii wrote: »
    And no, it doesn't invalidate the Priest. They do more of the job they are meant to, and it doesn't incentivize Mystics to be chosen. I have soloheal DPSed RMHM (first two bosses) before and it's not exactly easy. You underestimate the difficulty. Squishier than sorcs with 1/3 of the tools to avoid damage completely.

And if we're talking about choosing one or the other for a speed run, you realize that the solo healer in said party will be doing just that - healing?

^

Parties with a DPS mystic will usually be relying on the priest to do the healing. The mystic provides the auras and additional res utility but will otherwise function as a DPS. They won't be topping the DPS charts in the party if everyone is of an optimal skill level, but their party buffs make up for that, and apart from the extra resses and extra endurance buff I think it has the potential to be pretty balanced, at least dps-wise. Some mystics like the challenge of DPSing as a squishy support class with only one iframe, and it could be argued they were always meant to be the more attack-oriented healer. DPS mystics probably have their gear rolled for it, and when parsing will probably be maximizing their attack time so there won't really be any overhealing going on either.

They adjusted a priest's shakan to only apply when the priest is in party since it's true that mystics were once prioritized over priests - possibly because score runs based on whole party clear time used to be a thing? - but given the number of people who now enjoy setting up parties for individual dps parsing, priests probably won't be left out. If the mystic wants to parse, presumably they'd probably also want that priest around anyway.

That said, they did want to limit the amount of dps dished out in a double heal party with that nerf to VoC/TN stacking, but unless they ban priests and mystics from being in the same party altogether it's still going to happen so they might as well let everyone have fun. ;)
  • Mystics are not and never will be MAIN healers. The Mystic class is and always will be a SUPPORT class. This means you can ASSIST on both sides of dps and healing.

You guys really need to use your heads when talking about classes. Mystic is a great class in the grey area with TONS of potential for its use. I have been in groups where people ALWAYS look at the mystic as "Priest" or Main healer. This is just ignorant to think so. Uneducated at that. You have to read the class, its skills. You have to play the class to understand the fullness of its capabilities. You also need to watch the class in several videos to see its many uses to understand the fullness of its potential.

A Mystic is not just "heal"
    A Mystic is not just "dps".
    A mystic does everything.
    A Mystic grants extra buffs the priest cannot.

Many players I have come across will see how strong their classes are by minimizing its actually potential. By using as little of the skills that goes with the class as possible. Like DPS is the only thing they are concerned about. Nothing matters to a lot of players but DPS. Go play Zerk or warrior if DPS is your only concern.
  • You can have your dps back if they remove your teleport skill.