There will be a TERA PC Maintenance on Thursday (3/01) from 8-11 p.m. PST

Regarding Dragon Scales in patch notes

Comments

• For the people that have opened up the hardening eggs to get dragon claws, should they send a ticket into support to get reimbursed?
  • XerrayXerray ✭✭✭
    10 scales for a health pot, are you really serious? O.o
  • You have got to be kidding me?! This game is already a ridiculous time sink for barely any rewards, but this is a straight out insult! Now I remember why I didn't play for a couple years.. All EM cares about is swindling people out of their time and money!
  • seraphinushseraphinush ✭✭✭✭
    For those who think the exchange rate for other items are some sort of joke (eg. 15 Dragonscales for 1 Bravery Potion), well it's not and this was implemented in kTERA as well. so the developers and publishers had agreed to this and that this was a good implementation in game. the one and only and the most important fact is that here we are the North American region and that it should have been localized for our region.

That being said, from what i'm reading here in the comments, Spacecats seems to be able to edit items in the exchange shop. if that's the case, then i'm just wondering if the 30-min Bravery Potions are in the list of items and whether those Bravery Potions can be added to the shop, rather than the 1-hour ones you get from completing the weekly, with of course a lower rate, say 5 Dragonscales.

To OP, kTERA got the Dragonscales along with their Warrior Revamp, so in their patch notes, it is noted that the concept of Dragonscales was newly implemented. i personally think that it was a lack of filtering our patch notes when editting the ones they received from kTERA.
  • SoffyasdSoffyasd ✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    The scales shop items are a joke, they are not easy to get and 15 just for 1 bravery potion or 10 for 1 health one? If scales drop were like a candy, i would agree, but they aren't and we can't bank them. Have mercy!
  • Ah, couldn't be bothered to edit your own patch notes because you legitimately don't understand or are aware of anything that goes on in the game? I can't say I'm surprised, at least.

The ratio of scales to other rewards is laughably bad, a single dragon scale is worth far more than even a single health potion, let a lone a bravery potion, and the "guarentee" of a dragon out of the egg? Laughable.
  • Quick update for everyone on the dragon scales.
    • It looks like the change to the drop rate for the dragon mounts for the Hardening Eggs was a shift made in Korea previously, but we had already gotten that adjusted change here. I'm continuing to investigate if that's correct, and if it is, I'll update the patch notes accordingly.
    • the Health/bravery potions in the shop were the default costs that were sent across. I did this last night as an emergency update so that people could get the potions, as I saw they were in our test environments, but hadn't migrated to live. I'll be honest, it was several hours since I was supposed to be asleep and I didn't consider the prices very closely. I'm hearing the feedback on that, and I don't necessarily disagree.
    • There is no point 3.
    • Once I have a clear answer about the Hardening Egg, and I make sure that everything is aligned, I'll post that back here, as well as putting the egg back into the Dragon Scale Shop.
    • For players who spent their hard-earned scales in the shop yesterday thinking this was a guaranteed dragon mount: That sucks, and I am seriously sorry. I am working with our Ops and CS team to see what we can do on our end to make this right.
  • seraphinushseraphinush ✭✭✭✭
    Noesis wrote: »
    Quick update for everyone on the dragon scales.
    • It looks like the change to the drop rate for the dragon mounts for the Hardening Eggs was a shift made in Korea previously, but we had already gotten that adjusted change here. I'm continuing to investigate if that's correct, and if it is, I'll update the patch notes accordingly.
    • the Health/bravery potions in the shop were the default costs that were sent across. I did this last night as an emergency update so that people could get the potions, as I saw they were in our test environments, but hadn't migrated to live. I'll be honest, it was several hours since I was supposed to be asleep and I didn't consider the prices very closely. I'm hearing the feedback on that, and I don't necessarily disagree.
    • There is no point 3.
    • Once I have a clear answer about the Hardening Egg, and I make sure that everything is aligned, I'll post that back here, as well as putting the egg back into the Dragon Scale Shop.
    • For players who spent their hard-earned scales in the shop yesterday thinking this was a guaranteed dragon mount: That sucks, and I am seriously sorry. I am working with our Ops and CS team to see what we can do on our end to make this right.
    Thanks for the update and awaiting good news o/
  • 66ECX7NAN766ECX7NAN7 ✭✭✭✭
    15 scales for a bravery potion, when I've already accumulated hundreds because of the hour long cooldown lol
  • TL;DR: Egg going back in the shop, Dragon Scale section in patch notes deleted, still investigating refunding scale purchases.

So the dragon scale shop and the dragon scales came out for EME as a part of the Spellbound update. This was v48 for us here in NA, and we got this change nearly simultaneously with Korea, who were on v52 at the time. You may be able to see where this is going...

As a result, although there were no changes made to dragon scales in Sword and Hoard (v52) when it released this week, the patch notes indicated otherwise. That, combined with the patch notes not being clear about the drop chance for the dragon mounts, resulted in what we've got going on today.

I'm working with our internal teams to see about refunding the dragon scales spent during yesterday's window, so I will ask everyone to bear with me and not file CS tickets looking for dragon scale refunds right now.

I have also removed the Dragon Scale section from the patch notes, so no more confusion there.

Also as something I was hoping to be more of a GOOD surprise ... check the Dragon Scale shop again and see what's in there. I made some adjustments to the potion pricing as well as to the inventory. I hope everyone likes it.
  • You can check also if dungeons drops Resizing kits I did not saw any so far
  • You should add these tasty strong canes and braveries to elite boxes
  • 5 scales for a health potion is still many times too much, do you have any concept of how much a single health potion is worth? No, you don't, because you don't play the game, and 10 scales for a bravery potion is also many times too much, allow me to enlighten you on how long it takes to get a single scale, one dungeon, roughly 15-20 minutes, is a single scale, take that information and find a reasonable pricing.
  • So....summarizing (because I cant keep reading this "GM"): this is no longer a thing?
    You can convert 8 Dragon Claws into a Mysterious Dragon Egg, which generates either an Iron Dragon or Crimson Dragon skill manual.
  • NoctivNoctiv ✭✭✭
    Yeah it seems they are tiptoe-ing around a final answer for guaranteed or still rng. I think from Noesis's most recent post they are NOT guaranteed, but the language is still convoluted rather than straight up telling us.