[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 11/18 at 6pm PST. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

Strong Bravery and Canephora Potions

Bravery Potions and Canephora Potions, while quite useful, come with a fairly significant downside... they last 30 minutes, but they have a 60 minute cooldown. That’s how the potions were originally designed to function. There’s been quite a lot of player feedback on this, however, and we’ve been looking into both potions, talking with Bluehole about the items with the intention of reducing the cooldown in order to make potions more useful (and eliminate downtime for players waiting for their potions to be ready).

One solution is… NEW, UPGRADED POTIONS. These exist, and starting today we’ll be introducing Strong Bravery Potions and Strong Canephora Potions to the game with multiple means of obtaining them. Strong Bravery Potions and Strong Canephora Potions don’t just have a 30 minute cooldown time, they also grant players slightly better benefits than their non-strong versions.

It may take a little time before these new potions are added to all the places we feel are appropriate (Elite Status rewards being one of those), but our intention is to make them nearly as common as the current Bravery & Canephora potions.

Comments

• ShadowOfLightShadowOfLight ✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Long overdue but I appreciate the EME staff looking into it for the community. So will it be like the new noctenium in the fact that you combine the old bravery/canephora with a converter to make the new potions or are they a completely different item altogether?
  • Nice idea but 10 dragon scale for a 1-time use potion that last 1 hour isn't worth it at all. That's clearing 10 hard dungeons just to be able to use it for 1 dungeon, maybe 2. Let alone that the dragon scale are mostly used to obtain the Dragon >~<
  • ShadowOfLightShadowOfLight ✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    my bad. didn't know they were in dragon scale shop.
  • StarSpriteStarSprite ✭✭✭✭
    XR6GREJ4WD wrote: »
    Spacecats wrote: »
    Strong Bravery Potions and Strong Canephora Potions don’t just have a 30 minute cooldown time, they also grant players slightly better benefits than their non-strong versions.

hmmmmmmmmmmm

We only ask for the 30 minute cooldown, not make it stronger.

Well, then again. As long as you make them gotten by Elite status then I suppose that's fine.

Exactly how strong will be it compared to the non-strong version? I hope it's not vastly huge like how EU completely destroyed their system having P2W overpowered consumables over there.

f9f4db0c9b.jpg
    50314ed5c5.jpgThis is the description for both bravery potions
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good start, keep up the good works, still waiting for a female DEV to Hug :p
  • ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    At long last, another step in the right direction. Might i suggest to allow to add an item to convert our existing Canephoras and Bravery potions, into the new ones? Lots of us have literally hundreds if not thousands of em already.
  • Long overdue but I appreciate the EME staff looking into it for the community. So will it be like the new noctenium in the fact that you combine the old bravery/canephora with a converter to make the new potions or are they a completely different item altogether?

They're a different item altogether.
  • 66ECX7NAN766ECX7NAN7 ✭✭✭✭
    Canephora lasts for a whole hour.
  • seraphinushseraphinush ✭✭✭✭
    Spacecats wrote: »
    It may take a little time before these new potions are added to all the places we feel are appropriate (Elite Status rewards being one of those)
    Thanks for following through with my suggestion :3

• PixelatorPixelator ✭✭✭✭
    Making strong bravery in the scale shop is a great idea. Lets those of us with the regular dragons make use of the scales.

The price is a bit high though. 2-5 would be the sweet spot.
  • metagamemetagame ✭✭✭✭
    Tipanni wrote: »
    Nice idea but 10 dragon scale for a 1-time use potion that last 1 hour isn't worth it at all. That's clearing 10 hard dungeons just to be able to use it for 1 dungeon, maybe 2. Let alone that the dragon scale are mostly used to obtain the Dragon >~<
    time to que cs/fwc on weekends for dragon scale jackpots :lol:
  • afect elite bravery/ old bravery potion too ?
  • SowenSowen ✭✭✭
    vrale wrote: »
    Should put the bravery and canephora into the Fed bill shop. It will finally make use of those things and it won't break the game in anyway. You can also price them at pretty much any rate you choose.

Agree. Totally agree, that would give a use to fed bills :+1:
  • Would be nice if you guys could upgrade the weekly reward and elite consumable box with these items, since i've got about 3k of regular bravery potions.
  • The community petitioned for Canephora and Bravery to be added to fed shop many years ago, but nothing happened.

Guess you could try again, but this needs to be added to the elite boxes, I simply assumed you would do this and opened an elite box today with the hope and expectation of being able to try out the new awesome bravery pots, but only the terrible normal one came out. Now I only have 327 elite boxes in my bank, is that even enough?