[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 11/18 at 6pm PST. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

Power Hours for February

Comments

• So you'd run RMHM in full conflate then?

Civil unrest I avoided because of how easily it can be exploited so in turn gives me personally no reason to bother with it.
  • I also don't. Mind if you disagree with me. But the leaderboards I was referring to would be similar to crusades. Then it becomes team focused. I can already hear the " but top guilds would win all the time" would they? Given it's all EQ now.
  • Change one day of skyring for gridiron pls!
  • they're partners and sister companies, with the same core investors. They can advise and recommend and provide data/customer feedback, but they cannot threaten or force their way. It's like telling your boss to go pound sand; it doesn't end well for you.
    Well aware, what I said still stand. There are countless ways to enforce something when you don't actually have any power over it.
  • Kimimishan wrote: »
    (and as Spacecats just mentioned, they're actually counter productive since no one runs without it)

I think you kind of misunderstood my post. Power Hours help make it so players can coordinate around a set time to queue for BGs when they might otherwise be doing dungeons or who knows what. Nobody said they were counter productive.

That said, I do appreciate your credit store suggestions so thanks very much for the feedback!
  • edited February 2017
    YJGDCY4KHF wrote: »
    Power hours.....Let me see if I can be constructive here.

This is a bandaid Noesis. Even with power hours people won't run Fraywind or CS as often as Kumas/ Iron battlegrounds. We need a system similar to the crusades if you honestly want PvP to return. There needs to be a reason to compete.

Bluehole has taken away the need to gear up in battlegrounds since everything is now equalised ( except team 3s but hey not like it pops often). Let's avoid Civil Unrest as well , that discussion is elsewhere.

Anyway back to the subject at hand. Power hours aren't worth doing if the PvP gear you can obtain from it is basically redundant. So there's only two suggestions I can offer.

Attempt to return fraywind to being un equalised (have an eq version for up to 64 , remove Kumas / Iron BG). Second and more importantly we need a leader board. With some form of reward for rank 1 - 3.

For example : Rank 1 - 2 Diamonds

Rank 2 - 5 Emeralds

Rank 3 - 3 Emeralds.

Don't. Jump on me. Add in your thoughts but I must request you be constructive.

Peace out guys.

Thanks for your ideas! We're still pushing to get FWC unequalized. We haven't forgotten about it. As far as Kumas and Iron BGs I know many PvP-focused players don't consider these to be actual PvP Battlegrounds. In your opinion do you think those who queue for Kumas to get credits and level their characters would otherwise be queued up for FWC?
  • KoikoiKoikoi ✭✭✭
    @Spacecats
    You said EME is still pushing to get fwc un eq.

It's been 4months... you must have had some feedback good or bad from BHS regarding it.

Would be great if you would share with the community.
  • Koikoi wrote: »
    @Spacecats
    You said EME is still pushing to get fwc un eq.

It's been 4months... you must have had some feedback good or bad from BHS regarding it.

Would be great if you would share with the community.

I agree. I'll talk to Noesis and see what we can share about the progress made on it.
  • Spacecats wrote: »
    Kimimishan wrote: »
    (and as Spacecats just mentioned, they're actually counter productive since no one runs without it)

I think you kind of misunderstood my post. Power Hours help make it so players can coordinate around a set time to queue for BGs when they might otherwise be doing dungeons or who knows what. Nobody said they were counter productive.

Right, I didn't mean to put words in your mouth; that was my opinion, clumsy writing of mine ...
  • StarSpriteStarSprite ✭✭✭✭
    YJGDCY4KHF wrote: »
    Power hours.....Let me see if I can be constructive here.

This is a bandaid Noesis. Even with power hours people won't run Fraywind or CS as often as Kumas/ Iron battlegrounds. We need a system similar to the crusades if you honestly want PvP to return. There needs to be a reason to compete.

Bluehole has taken away the need to gear up in battlegrounds since everything is now equalised ( except team 3s but hey not like it pops often). Let's avoid Civil Unrest as well , that discussion is elsewhere.

Anyway back to the subject at hand. Power hours aren't worth doing if the PvP gear you can obtain from it is basically redundant. So there's only two suggestions I can offer.

Attempt to return fraywind to being un equalised (have an eq version for up to 64 , remove Kumas / Iron BG). Second and more importantly we need a leader board. With some form of reward for rank 1 - 3.

For example : Rank 1 - 2 Diamonds

Rank 2 - 5 Emeralds

Rank 3 - 3 Emeralds.

Don't. Jump on me. Add in your thoughts but I must request you be constructive.

Peace out guys.
    I agree with a lot of this.

You can get the materials for the brooch and jewelry retool. This helps get some players to queue up since they have something to spend credits on. You also have the enchantment boxes which were added to help make bgs more rewarding. Their addition was a good step in the right direction but other than updating the feedstock tier not much else was done to make bgs seem worth while.

Leader boards really do need to be brought back. Last I checked they still weren't part of ktera's ui. Either something should be added to the eme website or bhs needs to find a way to bring back the old ui window.

In FWC when the season resets the top 3 ranks are already rewarded diamonds through an achievement if it's their first time getting ranked. Top 30 in FWC get to use a 290 mount (Battle Charger) so long as they bought it before it was removed from the BC shop.

I'd like to see a fix on prices for vm mats, battle charger skill book added back in, pvp themed streams, and a pvp tourney. Bringing back MI would be a good reward too or some other type of unique reward for skyring and fwc. Having the extra credit rewards (the rng ones that were 2x, 3x, and so on) would be good to see too. Fraywind needs to be unequalized with the gear reworked for players below a certain ilvl so they have a chance to survive.

Oh and CS needs to go back to a 5 man queue.
  • @Spacecats

Overall I think a fraywind 1-64 equalised and a 65 un equalised would have benefits.

As you level and gain credits, you also gain PvP experience, you also get to see what each class can do as you progress. So it builds towards endgame PvP. With a 65 only version for the endgame PvP conflate becomes worth while. It also gives some of us PvPers a reason to play again.

I've seen a lot of very experienced and good people leave because of Blueholes decisions. However I still have some hope that down the line Tera PvP will resurrect and be stronger that it has been.
  • KiraboshiKiraboshi ✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Before power hours no one was doing anything but CS period.

People still queue CS when power hours aren't in effect.

The claim that PH harms queues is false.
    Koikoi wrote: »
    1 of the mon or wed skyrings should be swapped out to gridiron.

Gridiron is bad and you should feel bad.
  • KoikoiKoikoi ✭✭✭
    @Kiraboshi
    When spellbound patch came to NA with eq fw you're right the only bg popping was CS. But the q for it during peak times on healer or dps class was typically over 30 min.

That's your option on grid. It's not everyone's!
  • the only reason why cs popped was the sea chest reward nothing more... don't fuckin kid yourself if people play for fun...
    the only place people que for 'fun' is skyring since there's pretty much no incentive rewards...

so i don't know what you're trying to get at... so far the power hours served the purpose of reviving the dead bgs...
  • KiraboshiKiraboshi ✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    so far the power hours served the purpose of reviving the dead bgs...

Exactly. Most of the people complaining about power hours have absolutely no idea what the state of the Q times may be and are just talking out their a.ss. The reality is the queue for CS has actually been less outside of PH times than it was before. In december we were looking at 40 minute q times in CS and totally dead everywhere else. Now with PH it's about 15 minutes CS and 3's outside of PH, and then 5 minute queues during PH.

This thread is a really good example of why enmasse needs to be VERY careful about what feedback they listen too. Most of the time complaints have some legitimacy, but you occasionally get ones like this where they are coming from 100% clueless players.