[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Give Lunar Dancer a name for NA Tera

Comments

• LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    EstelleNyx wrote: »
    Who would give a name like that on american servers or even europe servers? If you read a classes name, you have a guess what that class possibly does. If you tell me "guandao is so great", I might be thinking you are talking about a dish lol....
    Lunar Dancer seems OK to me, or anything similar.

I am sorry if American and European can't make a good MMO and they never invented Martial Arts or any weapon related to them, it is not my fault dear.
  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    LesbianVi wrote: »
    Who would give a name like that on american servers or even europe servers? If you read a classes name, you have a guess what that class possibly does. If you tell me "guandao is so great", I might be thinking you are talking about a dish lol....

I am sorry if American and European can't make a good MMO and they never invented Martial Arts or any weapon related to them, it is not my fault dear.

Not sure what naming schemes have to do with quality of a game...
  • LesbianVi wrote: »

Just so you know the glaive is a european weapon, and 'glaive' is a French word.

Anyway, the point is, we need a name in English, not Chinese.
  • aeee98aeee98 ✭✭✭✭
    Moonslayer, cuz moon light skill + slayer
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yamazuki wrote: »

Not sure what naming schemes have to do with quality of a game...

It does when they say English name, the origin of the game comes from Asia, so it wasn't unrelated, wanted an English name, give an English name but that lecture I don't get it.
  • Using native name only works if there's no equivalent meaning word in English/ or when the term is a lot more popular even in the west. For example, ninja, samurai, nunchaku,... The equivalence of guandao in the west is glaive, so there's no reason to make things complicated by bringing in some unknown foreign name.
    It doesn't matter what they're called in the eastern version of the game, but the main point of localization is to bring the game closer to the intended market's culture. That's why it's called localization, not translation.

• Poke-man. No, that's to close to some other brand name. Poke-woman.
    Curtain Railer. Stabbin Crew. stipdick.
  • aeee98 wrote: »
    Moonslayer, cuz moon light skill + slayer

Does not actually play like Slayer.

Something ending in -er would match up with everybody else (assuming we ignore Ninja)
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    dancer if i am serious

strip dancer or pole dancer are my favorite name :3
    SAIXUNO wrote: »
    Gaalrak wrote: »
    They're likely just going to call it 'Dancer'. Remember back when we got word of the 'Arcane Engineer'? Nope, Gunner.

Class doesn't exactly dance.

but in a video we see her dancing when she use her pole to do pole dance when she turn aroud her weapon to kill 500 monsters in 10 secondes :3
    Gaalrak wrote: »
    They're likely just going to call it 'Dancer'. Remember back when we got word of the 'Arcane Engineer'? Nope, Gunner.

I doubt they'll go with Dancer, as that really says nothing of the class and it sounds too... weak, or out of place.

I'd go with Spearmaster or something. Boring, but safe.

ye spearmaster very pervers name ;)

wow is good mmorpg ;)

Just so you know the glaive is a european weapon, and 'glaive' is a French word.

the french glaive is not really the same than english glaive

the french glaive is the roman sword they used to build their republic and empire
  • Never heard or read the word Guandao before, and honestly it sounds like some sort of 3rd world country. My bet is on Glaiver.
  • call it pole grinder
  • vkobe wrote: »
    the french glaive is not really the same than english glaive

the french glaive is the roman sword they used to build their republic and empire

I know it's not the same weapon, I was just pointing out that the word 'glaive' was French.
  • LesbianVi wrote: »

A glaive (or glave) is a European polearm weapon, consisting of a single-edged blade on the end of a pole. It is similar to the Japanese naginata, the Chinese guandao, Russian sovnya and Siberian palma (ru).

It is just a Cultural Word.

• How about Moonglaiver, or Lunaglaiver?