[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Remove kick or inspect func from PvP to save new players/noobs

People actually check each person and kick if not having proper set they desire people to have.

I don't think this behaviour is good idea for following reasons:
1. Build diversity decrease. if something works badly, then it is up to dev to buff them. it is not to kick people.

2. Hinders new players. they might even quit such PvP and even quit if they realize the game is bad and its people's narrowed mindness as well
(actually it is, KTera's pvp population is very bad due to this func. nobody really play pvp unless they are pvp expert knowing proper item sets. I spent last month in KTera but they did kick me a lot for not having proper gear/set/crystal/and even for not having some numbers of dyad crystals which requires many months to farm for noobs/new players. For NA it happens only in 3s and fwc tho but definitely not good idea to kick the butts of new players rather than carrying them)

3. Tera is not even eSports pro-league game that pays its gamers, and is not even registered as eSports game at http://www.eslgaming.com/. This is biggest reason. Of course, there is no such kicking func in similar mmorpg like BnS, GuildWars2. Even tho Tera want to be serious esports level of competitive game, let's see other games for pro-gamers that pays lot. Do professional game strictly designed for progamers such as LoL, Dota, or even newer game like Overwatch allows kicking since match is ready? if one person in a team is bad, it is their responsibility to do well instead of that bad person rather than kicking. They might tell him/her to have proper set, but it should not be the level of kicking. Personally I don't even understand why people getting to be that serious since they are not pro-gamer.

If Tera rally want to be serious competitive esports level game, separate soloQ and premadeQ(TeamQ) first then have regular tournament with money pool then go to http://www.eslgaming.com/ to register Tera as eSports Game first, faster than allowing kicking function for PvP experts to isolate new noob players from the game.

You don't want to carry noobs but kick them? then pvp population will deceease since it does not allow new people to play pvp.

4. This could happens to any team. so overally same if it is applied samely on any team. You are not only person carrying noobs. your opponent too. the circumstance is pretty much same. If you get noob in first queue, but enemy might have in next queue too. Equality on both team is always same.

5. None of competitive esports game have kicking func, DO THEY HAVE vote on kick func?
heroes of the storm NO~, starcraft 2 NO~, dota NO~, lol NO~, overwatch NO~.
about mmo?
guildwars 2 NO, BNS NO~, WOW NO~ (wow has report afk func tho).

I really don't see about reason of using kicking function except the fact that kicking functiom is mostly for PvP experts who hates noobs rather than carrying them. It is just insolent, conceit, self-importance since situation of having noobs will happens samely on both your and enemy team. Becuz from thoese PvP expert's perspective, noobs are to be hated and kicked, which is absolutely not good behaviour. dev need to prevent this to save your new people.
Once more, new players/noobs are to carry, not to kick their butts, as more experienced player.
Possible solution is removing inspect func. so we can kick afk and also prevent noobs/new players from being kicked by PvP experts who hate noobs/new players

Comments

• VenpaiVenpai ✭✭✭
    in something like cs, fraywind canyon, and gridiron this isn't much of an issue because a single person cannot ruin the raid. (well maybe the first two if they're lead, but usually not) even if they're a healer because there are at least two are three other healers to help pull weight.

in something like threes, one person deciding to be a d ick can ruin the entire game. don't like someone? feed. are my friends n the other side? not heal. and you can't really play around that. kicking because you don't like someone is bad, of course. and educating them on what might be a more appropriate set up is better than a silent kick. but what if someone wants to try and sabotage?

i was also going to be like no one even promotes esports for tera the frick are you on... but then i saw your name... lol.

oh, and for some promoting esports you sure do like to runaround in cs not doing objectives and spitting in the face of teamwork. js :3
  • edited May 2016
    I dont like this idea. What about bots, what about afkers? what about people who refuse to play? What about afk leaders?
    To ensure the win, you need to get rid of weaker people. Imagine players without crystals, players with pve crystals = same as no crystals.
    But on other hand how are new players going to learn pvp basics in pvp instances while they get kicked all the time. Sometimes players are kind enough and say why you will get kicked.
    There are 15-20 players in every match on each team. If you get kicked then majority thinks that you are not needed.
    All you can do at this point is to deal with it and queue once again. In 15 minutes =)
  • TimesNewRamenTimesNewRamen ✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    maxresdefault.jpg
    When will you stop with the whole esports [filtered].
  • No not all builds should be buffed, it is not up to devs to buff them. Don't be [filtered]. Using 4x salivatings should not be on the same level as proper builds. It should be on the player to not be a [filtered]. Cruxes are cheap.

New players should read guides or ask around before trying if they dont wish to be dropped like the hindrance they are.

Tera is on its way out. It will never make esports.

Fourth point doesn't mean anything.
  • edited May 2016
    SweetThing wrote: »
    I dont like this idea. What about bots, what about afkers? what about people who refuse to play? What about afk leaders?
    To ensure the win, you need to get rid of weaker people. Imagine players without crystals, players with pve crystals = same as no crystals.
    But on other hand how are new players going to learn pvp basics in pvp instances while they get kicked all the time. Sometimes players are kind enough and say why you will get kicked.
    There are 15-20 players in every match on each team. If you get kicked then majority thinks that you are not needed.
    All you can do at this point is to deal with it and queue once again. In 15 minutes =)

That is why many competitive eSports games such as LoL, Dota have report function, rather than kicking function.

Let Dev deal with such people.
  • VenpaiVenpai ✭✭✭
    SweetThing wrote: »

That is why many competitive eSports games such as LoL, Dota have report function, rather than kicking function.

Let Dev deal with such people.

the report function is for people cheating and being nasty and toxic, not for being a poor sport. devs shouldn't have to micro manage everything the community can handle themselves.
  • [quote="Venpai;11120"][quote="TheKoreanGamer;11119"][quote="SweetThing;11113"]I dont like this idea. What about bots, what about afkers? what about people who refuse to play? What about afk leaders?
    All you can do at this point is to deal with it and queue once again. In 15 minutes =) [/quote]

Let Dev deal with such people.[/quote]

the report function is for people cheating and being nasty and toxic, not for being a poor sport. devs shouldn't have to micro manage everything the community can handle themselves. [/quote]

[quote="Venpai;11120"][quote="TheKoreanGamer;11119"][quote="SweetThing;11113"]I dont like this idea. What about bots, what about afkers? what about people who refuse to play? What about afk leaders?
    All you can do at this point is to deal with it and queue once again. In 15 minutes =) [/quote]

the report function is for people cheating and being nasty and toxic, not for being a poor sport. devs shouldn't have to micro manage everything the community can handle themselves. [/quote]

Still equally fine, becuz every team can have such people. It could happen randomly, not just you but your opponent.
  • [quote="Venpai;11120"][quote="TheKoreanGamer;11119"][quote="SweetThing;11113"]I dont like this idea. What about bots, what about afkers? what about people who refuse to play? What about afk leaders?

Still equally fine, becuz every team can have such people. It could happen randomly, not just you but your opponent.
  • VenpaiVenpai ✭✭✭

and the opponent should be allowed to kick those kinds of people from their team as well, so it's much more fair all around.
  • edited May 2016
    Venpai wrote: »

and the opponent should be allowed to kick those kinds of people from their team as well, so it's much more fair all around.

That kinda person (ex. afk) is to be kicked, of course. but still kicking function need to be removed. They cannot do afk forever anyway.

I really don't think that happens that much frequently, I am sure of this since I have played many others esports level of competitive games, and other pvp games like gw2, bns. that really doesn't happen that much that actually requires kicking function.

Rather kicking func now in Tera is that hinders new people from game and abused by many pvp experts to satisfy only their appetite.
  • VenpaiVenpai ✭✭✭
    [That kinda person (ex. afk) is to be kicked, of course. but still kicking function need to be removed. They cannot do afk forever anyway.

I really don't think that happens that much frequently, I am sure of this since I have played many others esports level of competitive games, and other pvp games like gw2, bns. that really doesn't happen that much that actually requires kicking function.

Rather kicking func now in Tera is that kinda hinders new people and abused by pvp experts to satisfy only their appetite.

why are you so obsessed with eports jesus. this game is not DESIGNED to be competitive. it's an mmo. it's not a moba or a shooter. those are a lot easier to balance than an M.M.O.

that being said, if you see the kick function being abused you should report them. that's also what the function is for. it's a necessary evil.
  • edited May 2016
    [That kinda person (ex. afk) is to be kicked, of course. but still kicking function need to be removed. They cannot do afk forever anyway.

Rather kicking func now in Tera is that kinda hinders new people and abused by pvp experts to satisfy only their appetite.

why are you so obsessed with eports jesus. this game is not DESIGNED to be competitive. it's an mmo. it's not a moba or a shooter. those are a lot easier to balance than an M.M.O.

that being said, if you see the kick function being abused you should report them. that's also what the function is for. it's a necessary evil.

If Tera is not designed to be competitive eSports game, why not remove kicking function?

PvP experts abuse kicking function to kick noobs from their team. and you say this behaviour is not competitive?
    You feel seriousness of those PvP expert's mindness, so they even kick noobs from team, right?

then remove kicking function if tera is not the esports level of competitive game, to save new people from the game.
  • VenpaiVenpai ✭✭✭
    If Tera is not designed to be competitive eSports game, why not remove kicking function?

PvP experts abuse kicking function to kick noobs from their team. and you say this behaviour is not competitive?
    You feel seriousness of those PvP expert's mindness, right? so they even kick noobs from team, right?

then remove kicking function if tera is not the esports level of competitive game, to save new people from the game.

you made this topic because you just got kicked, huh?

new people have to stick SOME initiative into learning. ask around, speaking up if confused. ask about builds. if you get kicked for it, you don't wanna be around those types of people. it's that simple. and how the heck is someone being a [filtered] competitive? that's not competition that's WAH I CARE ABOUT MYSELF ONLY WHO NEEDS TEAMWORK.
  • edited May 2016

You feel seriousness of those PvP expert's mindness, right? so they even kick noobs from team, right?

you made this topic because you just got kicked, huh?

new people have to stick SOME initiative into learning. ask around, speaking up if confused. ask about builds. if you get kicked for it, you don't wanna be around those types of people. it's that simple. and how the heck is someone being a [filtered] competitive? that's not competition that's WAH I CARE ABOUT MYSELF ONLY WHO NEEDS TEAMWORK.

pretty much everytime I queue on fwc or 3s, yes, many kick noobs. of course I experienced too, I had to have what they said to avoid kicking. so I can feel how bad it is for noobs.

Like I said, they can tell noobs to have proper sets, builds. but it is not the level of kicking. Seriously, having bad item is the reason of kicking?? is this competitive level of esports game that pays pro-gamers with money pool or p2w game? nope.

And this happens on random team (or even both), so still equal.

I would only appreciate kicking function if and only if Tera goes eSports level of competitive game. But the game isn't. so why not appreciate those noobs? Still 3s and fwc is definitely UNPLAYABLE for noobs/new people due to ABUSE of kicking by many PvP experts. Why not welcome/carry them rather than kicking their butts if you are PvP experts who loves Tera and its new people playing Tera?
  • OP, you do realize that if there is no kicking function then people will be free to be even more toxic than if there was one right?

Lets take this scenario if kicking was removed.:
    I am a total loser who doesn't care about winning or losing, I merely want to troll. I will do my best to go against my team's efforts by e.g. sending off ships with 1 person in CS. What can my team do about it to immediately remedy the situation for the next round? Nothing. There is nothing to discourage this sort of behavior and I am free to troll as much as I want.

Also, kick functions aren't exclusive to e-sports games...just saying. Next thing you'll be asking to remove kick functions from dungeon parties or something...