[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Give Lunar Dancer a name for NA Tera

Comments

• Luna-Poker :proud:
  • Dragoon would relate more to mounted cavalry with quick thrusting attack rather than slow and flowy cleaving one. It does sounds pretty cool though.
  • I would have guessed the name would be Dragoon; it's what people most-commonly associate with that kind of character in RPGs. But I guess we'll see.

Not quite the same though, Dragoon is more of a spear user. When I think of Dragoon, I imagine warrior in dragon armor mounting some kind of dragon or mounts. Some thing like these:

Shadow_Dragoon_outfit_news_image.pngDragoon_concept_art.jpg
    Gear-Dragoon_Cuchulainn_Render_(Large).jpg

While Glaive user is what Lunar Dancer looks like.

150529_chinese_style_glaive_girl_by_redbucat-d8vls1h.png
    8efe164f1a9a910e57a8a9a7301a605e.jpg

As others have said it, Glaiver is probably the best name for her.
  • EndevaEndeva ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    I would have guessed the name would be Dragoon; it's what people most-commonly associate with that kind of character in RPGs. But I guess we'll see.

Not quite the same though, Dragoon is more of a spear user. When I think of Dragoon, I imagine warrior in dragon armor mounting some kind of dragon or mounts. Some thing like these:

20140102230139a0do9dy0voofzm0p.jpg
    http://vindictus.gamepedia.com/Lynn

As others have said it, Lynn is probably the best name for her.

Fixed! :hurrah:
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would have guessed the name would be Dragoon; it's what people most-commonly associate with that kind of character in RPGs. But I guess we'll see.

Shadow_Dragoon_outfit_news_image.pngDragoon_concept_art.jpg

150529_chinese_style_glaive_girl_by_redbucat-d8vls1h.png
    8efe164f1a9a910e57a8a9a7301a605e.jpg

As others have said it, Glaiver is probably the best name for her.

ok i thought it is those dragoons :3

1478713-dragoon_rush.jpg

• Ronin makes no sense because the inspiration is clearly not Japan, naginatas were not mentioned in dev notes while Chinese and Korean glaive weapons were. Impaler and Dragoon (as in FF) make no sense because its all about slashing rather than stabbing. Glaiver just sounds stupid, but EME is allergic to multi-word names, so that's probably what we'll get.
  • CatservantCatservant ✭✭✭✭
    Moondancer?

• VirtualON wrote: »
    Glaiver is the best and fits in with all other classes' names.

Really? How? Does a Slayer use a slay? Same for Berzerker, Sorcerer, Reaper... and basically every class except Archer and Lancer. Those are the only 2 named after their weapon (and in fact archer barely counts in English). How does 'Glaiver' (god, that name is stupid) fit with all the classes?

Glaiver doesn't even have a dictionary definition.
  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    VirtualON wrote: »

Really? How? Does a Slayer use a slay? Same for Berzerker, Sorcerer, Reaper... and basically every class except Archer and Lancer. Those are the only 2 named after their weapon (and in fact archer barely counts in English). How does 'Glaiver' (god, that name is stupid) fit with all the classes?

Slayer fits based on how the class attacks and their weapon, they attack brutally.
    Berserker fits because Berserkers tend to fight in rage, BHS just didn't do it as well as others. Typically they get stronger as they get weaker, and sacrifice their HP for more damage.
    Sorcerer fits because of the generic magic.
    Warrior is also another generic term for agile/fast melee classes.
    Ninja, another generic label.
    Brawler, like brawls, fighting that usually has people using their fists.
    Reaper is also pretty generic, their weapons and dark-themed attacks.
    Gunner, generic term for anything that uses a "gun".
    Archer generic term for someone who uses a bow.
    Lancer generic term for someone who wields a lance.
    Priest, I don't think I need to explain this one...

Most of these labels are just generic terms used in the West for certain play styles, designs and weapon choices, and not just the weapon itself. The only one I can't really explain would be Mystic. I am not particularly familiar with the word and only ever saw it used for religious references.
  • "Lunar dancer" and "moonlight dancer" - beautiful names
    "Glaiver" - boring name.
    "Guandao" - sounds like guano - which from the dictionary is - noun - the excrement of seabirds and bats, used as fertilizer.
    "Dragoon" - doesn't fit - it means mounted infantry or armoured units. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragoon.
  • I do not like the sound of Glaiver, the more I see it, the more I hate it.
    Technically, it's not even a word and Glaive (which is a word) is not a word in common use.

They will go with a name that is an actual word in the English language and which is in common use.
    It will be a single word name and is likely to have an 'er', 'or' or 'a' sound at the end of it.

I would guess that EME don't know what it is yet and probably haven't settled on an idea, so if you have a good idea then you should probably add it to this thread, you might actually be responsible for coming up with the name that will be used.
    "Lunar dancer" and "moonlight dancer" - beautiful names
    "Glaiver" - boring name.
    "Guandao" - sounds like guano - which from the dictionary is - noun - the excrement of seabirds and bats, used as fertilizer.
    "Dragoon" - doesn't fit - it means mounted infantry or armoured units. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragoon.

I like "lunar dancer" and "moonlight dancer" as well, but EME go with single word names for some reason, otherwise we would have "arcane engineer" which sounds a lot cooler.
  • SaabiSaabi ✭✭✭
    They could just call it "Lunar". The "Lunar" class doesnt sound too terrible and more fitting to what the class represents while maintaining the "one word" rule.
  • Yamazuki wrote: »
    VirtualON wrote: »

Slayer fits based on how the class attacks and their weapon, they attack brutally.
    Berserker fits because Berserkers tend to fight in rage, BHS just didn't do it as well as others. Typically they get stronger as they get weaker, and sacrifice their HP for more damage.
    Sorcerer fits because of the generic magic.
    Warrior is also another generic term for agile/fast melee classes.
    Ninja, another generic label.
    Brawler, like brawls, fighting that usually has people using their fists.
    Reaper is also pretty generic, their weapons and dark-themed attacks.
    Gunner, generic term for anything that uses a "gun".
    Archer generic term for someone who uses a bow.
    Lancer generic term for someone who wields a lance.
    Priest, I don't think I need to explain this one...

Most of these labels are just generic terms used in the West for certain play styles, designs and weapon choices, and not just the weapon itself. The only one I can't really explain would be Mystic. I am not particularly familiar with the word and only ever saw it used for religious references.

Yes, I forgot Gunner on my list.

And I'm not saying the other class names don't fit them, I'm saying they were not named after the weapons they use (except Lancer, Gunner and maybe Archer, if we're being generous). Yet most people seem to think that 'glaiver' would fit with the other class nomenclature.
  • Moon Shaker?
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aist wrote: »
    Moons Shaker?

Fixed.