How do I utilize the Trade Broker?

I am a fairly new player, just started about 6-7 days ago, and I have spent a good chunk of time reading up online about how to utilize the trade brokers in the various towns and cities I come across. I have also screwed around with the menu itself on various occasions and have yet to figure out how to use them. I feel as though I am missing out on a lot of gold, seeing as how some of the items I've been selling to regular old merchants are actually rare and could fetch a pretty penny if I could just put them up on the Brokerage...

Anybody else have this problem? And/or a simple solution for me? I am beginning to think that the trade broker is only accessible if you have an upgraded account, as I am still Free-To-Play.

Comments

  • Nah, just go talk to the broker, and see your listings, then right click on the items you want to sell and you will have an option to sell them, the only difference between free to play players and elite players is that you as a free to play player need to pay a 5% fee of what you are listing (ex: an item that cost 100 gold will have a fee of 5 gold), but the broker is used and avalaible for everyone, you just need to know what people might buy and list that out.



  • blahblah tooshort blahh
  • A side note here. Almost no gear you get while leveling is worth selling really. Better off just turning it into feedstock.
    (By the middle button at the bottom of your bag).
  • Ahhhh, thank you guys. Guess I hadn't spent enough time screwing around with the menu haha.

    Much appreciated!
  • Aist wrote: »
    A side note here. Almost no gear you get while leveling is worth selling really. Better off just turning it into feedstock.
    (By the middle button at the bottom of your bag).

    Are you saying that even though I put it up to be sold, nobody will really have any interest in purchasing? I mean, that makes sense as all players have access to all the same gear whilst leveling. Didn't really think about that until now lol
  • AistAist ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    I am just saying that what you will be able to sell leveling stuff for isnt very much, but you ALWAYS need feedstock. No one uses leveling weapons for anything other than fodder now (since we have avatar weapons) and armor/accessories is given to you for pretty much anything you do, so no one really NEEDS that gear.
  • Ah, okay. Yeah, feedstock sounds like a much better idea. Thank you, kindly.
  • DPTMY7TEM3 wrote: »
    Aist wrote: »
    A side note here. Almost no gear you get while leveling is worth selling really. Better off just turning it into feedstock.
    (By the middle button at the bottom of your bag).

    Are you saying that even though I put it up to be sold, nobody will really have any interest in purchasing? I mean, that makes sense as all players have access to all the same gear whilst leveling. Didn't really think about that until now lol

    Yeah, gear is really best broken down for enchanting materials that help you level faster. If you're looking to make a little money during your level up process, I'd suggest selling some of the rare finds from gathering nodes (ore, plants, essence...) such as scarabs.
  • metagamemetagame ✭✭✭✭
    DPTMY7TEM3 wrote: »
    Are you saying that even though I put it up to be sold, nobody will really have any interest in purchasing? I mean, that makes sense as all players have access to all the same gear whilst leveling. Didn't really think about that until now lol
    if it's cheap enough, it will still sell

    low tier feedstock is often listed at very outrageous prices (1 gold or more each), but weapons and armors can often be bought for under 10-20 gold, and can be disassembled into 24/48 fs. if you ever do need extra feedstock, do not buy them directly; instead do this. keep in mind that rings, earrings and necklaces cannot be disassembled.
  • Thank you guys for all of your advice, it really helped. Much appreciated. <3
  • aeee98aeee98 ✭✭✭✭
    metagame wrote: »
    DPTMY7TEM3 wrote: »
    Are you saying that even though I put it up to be sold, nobody will really have any interest in purchasing? I mean, that makes sense as all players have access to all the same gear whilst leveling. Didn't really think about that until now lol
    if it's cheap enough, it will still sell

    low tier feedstock is often listed at very outrageous prices (1 gold or more each), but weapons and armors can often be bought for under 10-20 gold, and can be disassembled into 24/48 fs. if you ever do need extra feedstock, do not buy them directly; instead do this. keep in mind that rings, earrings and necklaces cannot be disassembled.

    actually if you need extra feedstock it is something as simple as killing a bam/mob while not having your avatar yet. It really will drop like an exploding pinata
  • aeee98 wrote: »
    metagame wrote: »
    DPTMY7TEM3 wrote: »
    Are you saying that even though I put it up to be sold, nobody will really have any interest in purchasing? I mean, that makes sense as all players have access to all the same gear whilst leveling. Didn't really think about that until now lol
    if it's cheap enough, it will still sell

    low tier feedstock is often listed at very outrageous prices (1 gold or more each), but weapons and armors can often be bought for under 10-20 gold, and can be disassembled into 24/48 fs. if you ever do need extra feedstock, do not buy them directly; instead do this. keep in mind that rings, earrings and necklaces cannot be disassembled.

    actually if you need extra feedstock it is something as simple as killing a bam/mob while not having your avatar yet. It really will drop like an exploding pinata

    See, though, that is the problem... I ALWAYS try to form my avatar before the next big set of levels/dungeons, as I find having enhanced attack power much more satisfying, plus it carries me through the dungeons much easier.
Sign In or Register to comment.