[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 10/21 at 7pm PDT, and have an expected downtime of 3 hours. For details, please visit the following link: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

So about that Producer Letter

2»

Comments

• Be nice if they announced that monsters will drop gold/loot again. Pretty boring game when nothing drops anything anymore.

Welcome to the "age" of tightly controlled dailies intermixed with cash shop greed.
  • LesbianVi wrote: »
    Unfortunately I have to inform you Product Manager Letter has been stolen by a tricky Popori, even drafts and all.

WOAH, I came here to say this!
  • On a more down-to-earth note...

We haven't forgotten, and this is on Noesis' sizable plate right now. Sorry for the wait!
  • On a less down-to-earth note...

Remember that time Paesyn needed room in his inventory for flowers so he started dropping giant lumps of gold and silver on the ground? We think that's sorta what happened to Noesis' first draft.
  • Aist wrote: »
    Be nice if they announced that monsters will drop gold/loot again. Pretty boring game when nothing drops anything anymore.

ikr. to me, it was like the beginning of the downfall of this game.
    do you think there is going to any good news?

Surprise!!!
    Game Optimisation - full client overhaul planned for release in March (secret closed beta version looks amazing), game ported to unreal 4 in preparation for PS4/XB1 release. Expecting massive increase in gamer population, 20 new servers to be opened.
    Class Balance - BHS have vowed to balance all the classes with the next patch, no more OP classes doing 100% more damage then the next strongest class.
    Royal Dragons - Will be farmable in game like it was originally planned.
    Awakening Removed - Because it's terrible!
    Content Revival - all removed dungeons to be upgraded and put back in the game.
    All New Upgraded Servers - No More Lag! No More Crashes! Ever!
    All New Gear Templates
    All New Weapons Templates
    All New Hardest Dungeon Ever - brand new mechanics that will not rellie on twitch response.

LMAO - [filtered] it would be nice though...

you forgot to add that the original island of dawn will be brought back as the starting area and we use a teleporter to get to the level 65 iod.. and that stepstone island will be a zone we go to before we fight samael.
  • voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Aist wrote: »
    Be nice if they announced that monsters will drop gold/loot again. Pretty boring game when nothing drops anything anymore.

That'd be nice. Imagine if BAMs in the open world dropped worthwhile loot, like bind on equip mid tier gear or etching recipes or brooch materials and were beefed up so that they required a party to kill and took time. Then limit the spawns a bit to create competition and boom, there's your open world pvp and your incentive to party again. Don't want randoms hogging the loot? Guess you'd better make friends or form a guild. Wow, suddenly people are talking to each other again and the game feels like a multiplayer game. Wow, suddenly there's [filtered] to do that isn't just "run RMHM/HH and log out." People who wanna solo can go play a single player game or do IoD alone if they want. For everyone else who's got a guild full of bored people quitting every day, now they have something new to do too.

There are so many things BHS could implement to improve the game's biggest problem, which is the lack of stuff to do. I'm not talking about overpowered events either. This game has a HUGE world and it just sits there completely empty. Beef up the world bosses and give them some REALLY GOOD DROPS so people will actually hunt them beyond the one time they have to kill it for an achievement. Then you'll get people actually using the world map. Or maybe throw treasure in the overworld; sometimes you'll see legit treasure chests and boxes just scattered around the map, but you can't interact with them or anything. How about putting something in those, mongo-style, it doesn't even have to be good over the top stuff, but just like noctenium or something so people have a reason to go out in the world and make the game feel alive. Maybe give gathering nodes a super rare chance to also give a ton of feedstock or something, so people will have a reason to farm those and fight over those. Like, I'm not talking about overhauling the game, just adding a few tweaks to areas that already exist and suddenly there's a reason for people to leave velika. It kills me, the size of this game's overworld and then it's not even utilized. Imagine being the guy who designed Allemantheia and knowing that hardly anyone goes because there's just no reason to be there. Imagine if there were an NPC who'd ask you to kill some nearby BAMs every day, and for killing five (and remember, they're stronger now, so you'll need a group to help) of them you'll get a token or something that you can turn in to his shop, and the shop sells enchanting mats like feedstock, or maybe vm mats, or semi enigmatic scrolls, or SOMETHING. Then, wow, all of a sudden people are going to Allemantheia to do that quest, and when a new player happens across the town he sees people there DOING THINGS instead of just ghost town after ghost town after ghost town.

Then there's the issue of all the worlds we have, when there're like no people playing. Inb4 the common argument that this always happens at this point in a patch's life. Dude, it's never been this bad and we're like halfway through. Every patch cycle this issue of nobody-playing happens sooner and sooner. Just merge the worlds, already. I'd honestly say 1 world that's entirely open world pvp would be great. Anyone who doesn't want to PVP can just stay in the safe zones. You could even have bounty systems or something; like, let's say some scumbag's killing a bunch of people until he's basically an outlaw. The server could put a bounty on the dude's head and maybe even give a hint at his general location, and suddenly people are incentivized to find and kill him, and that makes the game feel alive. This [filtered] isn't exactly hard and most of the work's done for you already. These systems are already in place, but they're just sitting there because BHS would rather have people grind the same boring dungeons endlessly instead of doing something new with their product. Frustrating as hell, man. All the stuff you could do with this game and instead it just sits here bleeding players day after day.

Imagine if PVE had a spectator mode. So like, think like how bamarama is, except instead of sitting in the stands watching a bam fight another bam, you're sitting in the stands watching a ragtag LFG group do an RMHM learning run. And you can bet on whether or not they win, how fast they win, how often the tank will lose aggro, how often the healer fails a buff-cleanse phase, how often the dps fail a dps check, etc. The people in the stands wouldn't affect the players in the dungeon in any way (you wouldn't see their spam while you're trying to tank, etc) and names could be hidden, but it'd give bored people something to watch and it'd be way more entertaining than current bamarama.

Or imagine if occasionally the monsters threatening this game actually invaded towns. And I know this has happened before, but imagine if it were like a weekly thing and not just something GMs do when they're bored once a year. Like how cool would it be if you're chilling in Lumbertown trying to e r p when Dakuryon shows up and rips your cute elin girlfriend apart. And then since he showed up in town, he's carrying all kinds of goodies on him and has a better chance to drop cool stuff.

Or, oh man here's a biggie, imagine if instead of adding to power creep with every patch and making this game more and more numbers focused, they capped the base attack stat at whatever the new stuff is and only add neat incomparable secondary stats to items like attack speed, endurance, etc. So from now on, nobody will ever be stronger than X, but new weapons will have X attack stat as well as something like "you can attack 2% faster!" or "you have a higher chance to crit!" or something. This way instead of having to reintroduce pve content with boosted HP like they'll do in the next patch, you can focus on making really good content that you won't ever have to remove because the players get too strong for it. This is such a stupid problem to have in a game like this. Nobody even likes gearing, I think if we got new dungeons that were actually fun and didn't have to worry about gearing up but had other incentives to run the content instead, people would be happy. But BHS isn't imaginative enough to come up with new incentives besides "BIGGER NUMBERS" so every patch it's the same thing and every patch people get bored sooner and sooner and sooner. Legit just ... killing their own game because they're scared to try new things. I don't know why this bothers me so much, it just does. It's like when a kid's surrounded by legos and says he's bored, I just wanna be like "you have all this [filtered] lying around, do something with it, build something" but he just sits there. That's BHS. A kid surrounded by legos but he just doesn't do anything with it.
  • you forgot to add that the original island of dawn will be brought back as the starting area and we use a teleporter to get to the level 65 iod.. and that stepstone island will be a zone we go to before we fight samael.

This. This is important IoD tutorial needs to come back. Not only was it not a 10 minute chicken run chasing an 8 year old, it also had a brilliant sense of wonder, a nice general atmosphere, freedom to just run around killing things, sidequests, and some really nice music. The Stepstone tutorial's shoved most of the (few) people I've tried to make play this game off the boat immediately, with all the non multiplayer areas and general crappiness, and those who got through it slipped off in the over streamlined Arcadia quests after it (I mean, seriously, who's idea was it to cut Lumbertown and the Fey forest from the questline entirely?)
  • @voidy
    This is really a good suggestion. I'm so sick of rmhm and logging in just to derp in hw or north dock. If the open world have something to do I most definitely be more enthusiastic

@Spacecats

Doesn't have to be everything. But maybe take a look at @voidy suggestions. Those points are brilliant.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    @voidy

I won't lie to You, i didn't read all your post, however for the first lines you wrote I have no need to read more.

It should be done the way you said.
  • We'll get it when they actually start caring about the playerbase again. #FixTERA2017
  • Update the factions dailies so they are actually relevant.
  • Spacecats wrote: »
    On a more down-to-earth note...

We haven't forgotten, and this is on Noesis' sizable plate right now. Sorry for the wait!

Thanks for taking your time to give us an update.
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spacecats wrote: »
    LesbianVi wrote: »
    Unfortunately I have to inform you Product Manager Letter has been stolen by a tricky Popori, even drafts and all.

WOAH, I came here to say this!

Damn I feel good being right for once :chuffed:
  • Treeshark is gone and Denom mostly forget about things, Spacecats is a cat from space.
  • I agree. the game has become ridiculously stale. years ago when I first played tera there was so much to do I was lost. but it was a good kind of lost. it was like I had so many things to explore.

there were factions to get stuff from. the crafting system was rewarding, alliance brought players together to hunt bams and do quests together. dungeons were exiting and rewarding. killing bams in the open world dropped loot that was relevant to the game.

now days the only activity to do is the same 4 to 8 dungeons in different levels of difficulties for months at the time. honestly after I've done the dungeon for the 10th time I've grown sick of it. and the loot is so small is unrewarding. at the end of an LK run i give away all the gear because there is no use for it what so ever. can't use it for other alts, can't sell it, ETC. only discard it.

to top it all off, the new Velika Unrest is terrible. only a few competitive guilds play it and only one powerhouse guild controls it all. I know this happened in Celestial Hills and I honestly think is the same on all other servers.

there is so much that could be done to make the game feel more like a place to make friends. one simple one is to make IoD bams so that you can do them in a party. so many times have I wished to help new members of my guild out with IoD bams but it becomes a pain because we have to kill twice as much and they only drop locked boxes (AKA you want loot you have to pay for it)

I had a few suggestions of my own to spice up the game but no one ever read them. like achievements for contributing to the guild that rewarded masks. or a guild area where guilds could use gold and silver enchanting again that the guild master would have to use guild funds to activate.

or add bams that randomly appear throughout the world that drop better loot (as a previous post mentioned, that would be freaking cool), or how about bringing back sky castles for the top 20 pve guilds and top 20 pvp guilds (both pvp and pve content should have rewards)

I know factions were removed because it was to tedious to know which one to ally with, but how about simplifying factions and bringing them back?

I've done the story line on the game, I've done every repetitive yellow quest-line on the game where you kill a specific monster or gather an item or go to a location to talk to an npc (literary every quest on the game falls under those 3 categories)

for those of you interested on knowing more about the changes I had mentioned here is my previous post
    https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/comment/88606/#Comment_88606

I hope this at least gets to the eyes of the admins and gives them some ideas. is sad to see a game that was once so vast become just like every other game out there. not to mention with the upcoming competition of Revelations Online coming out it might make a lot of the community switch boats.