We're having maintenance Tuesday, November 20 from 8 - 11 am PDT (three hours).

Kyra's Potion Shack feedback: it's an amazing event!

Comments

• LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    The event is cool, always liked Kyra's event, this one is amazing.
  • I want blue boxes, i have a headache because i farm dungeons for stupid things like rose to put at eye, hats and all stupid things.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    You have just to decide what do to.

BGs = less catalyst but more gold reward becuase KSC and BC are the things get you more gold in-game (excluding cash shop items)
    Dungeons = more catalyst but less gold reward becuase drops really sucks on them.

Take your favorite poison.

kyra give better rewards B)
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    vkobe wrote: »

BGs = less catalyst but more gold reward becuase KSC and BC are the things get you more gold in-game (excluding cash shop items)
    Dungeons = more catalyst but less gold reward becuase drops really sucks on them.

Only if you have luck.

Otherwise you can stack lots of customes that sell for 400g.

Like the kitty hat, and i got useless stuff like that all the times that's what i prefer the mats.

KSC credits sell for 1:3

Bell credits sell for 1:6

Very rewarding i must say.

i use all my kyra reward and ks and belli cant beat +15 tier 11 scroll B)
  • I love this event! I thought that good drops will be super rare baits but actually there's a pretty good chance of getting really nice things! Both in costumes and mats. And this event is way longer than mongos so I won't miss it all only because I'm busy for 2 or 3 consecutive days.
  • edited February 2017
    I'll direct all the thanks (and other feedback) in this thread to TERA Product Manager Noesis. I was able to help him plan this Kyra's, but he's the one that put in the stressful and late-night work hours required to get the Pop-Up Potion Shack ready for potion brewing business in time for Valentine's Day. <3
  • GeletronGeletron admin
    edited February 2017
    The process of claiming catalysts is annoying. There are a few reasons why it works this way:

1. Potion shack is a bit of a hack. We had to re-purpose an Elite Status voucher so there would be an item in game that you could use to gain currency. It isn't ideal, but we wanted to find a way to reward people in game.
    2. All the extra pop-up windows are shown because we are using a hacked Elite Status voucher for the catalysts.
    3. It turns out Elite Status vouchers and catalysts don't work correctly when they are rewarded in stacks (we found this out the hard way during a past event). We decided to make them non-stackable to avoid breaking the system and to encourage people to use them instead of hoarding them.

• vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭

Only if you have luck.

Otherwise you can stack lots of customes that sell for 400g.

Like the kitty hat, and i got useless stuff like that all the times that's what i prefer the mats.

KSC credits sell for 1:3

Bell credits sell for 1:6

Very rewarding i must say.

i use all my kyra reward and ks and belli cant beat +15 tier 11 scroll B)

that's if you get it.

is rng so nothing garantue everyone to get good rewards.

on the other hand BC and KSC sells good almost everyday.

Edit: and that scroll is not tradeable so you will have to craft gear or get it from a gear box to use it.

ye free +15 ambush weapon vs ks and belli B)
  • Geletron wrote: »
    The process of claiming catalysts is annoying. There are a few reasons why it works this way:

1. Potion shack is a bit of a hack. We had to re-purpose an Elite Status voucher so there would be an item in game that you could use to gain currency. It isn't ideal, but we wanted to find a way to reward people in game.
    2. All the extra pop-up windows are shown because we are using a hacked Elite Status voucher for the catalysts.
    3. It turns out Elite Status vouchers and catalysts don't work correctly when they are rewarded in stacks (we found this out the hard way during a past event). We decided to make them non-stackable to avoid breaking the system and to encourage people to use them instead of hoarding them.

Why don't you want people to "hoard" them if they DID put in the time to do 'em? Perhaps nothing on the list that really interest them so they're saving for the next event but obviously that's a no no for whatever reasons.
  • rexoerexoe ✭✭✭
    noobs you dont know the fastest way to get catalyst top kek ive only seen 2 people that though the same as i when reading where to get the catalys xD
  • Yea, it's good event.

But that should give you overall hint that seems to be eluding you for half a decade - people like to be rewarded for their efforts. And having sensible rewards in the first place at all.