Kyra's Potion Shack feedback: it's an amazing event!

124»

Comments

• XandervbXandervb ✭✭✭
    Geletron wrote: »
    The process of claiming catalysts is annoying. There are a few reasons why it works this way:

1. Potion shack is a bit of a hack. We had to re-purpose an Elite Status voucher so there would be an item in game that you could use to gain currency. It isn't ideal, but we wanted to find a way to reward people in game.
    2. All the extra pop-up windows are shown because we are using a hacked Elite Status voucher for the catalysts.
    3. It turns out Elite Status vouchers and catalysts don't work correctly when they are rewarded in stacks (we found this out the hard way during a past event). We decided to make them non-stackable to avoid breaking the system and to encourage people to use them instead of hoarding them.

Thanks for explaining! It's not something big, there is always some time to use them during LFG or something but it's good to hear that you are aware of it.
  • rexoe wrote: »
    noobs you dont know the fastest way to get catalyst top kek ive only seen 2 people that though the same as i when reading where to get the catalys xD

Kelsaik?
  • Ves1978Ves1978 ✭✭✭
    The process of claiming catalysts is annoying. There are a few reasons why it works this way:

1. Potion shack is a bit of a hack. We had to re-purpose an Elite Status voucher so there would be an item in game that you could use to gain currency. It isn't ideal, but we wanted to find a way to reward people in game.
    2. All the extra pop-up windows are shown because we are using a hacked Elite Status voucher for the catalysts.
    3. It turns out Elite Status vouchers and catalysts don't work correctly when they are rewarded in stacks (we found this out the hard way during a past event). We decided to make them non-stackable to avoid breaking the system and to encourage people to use them instead of hoarding them.

Reported for hacking :P
  • In my opinion this event has been thought out in a great way, it's super rewarding but farming catalysts still requires some effort. Finally we have an event that's enjoyable by all the player base: the amount of catalysts rewarded is great and fair for everyone, low levels, low geared 65s, and well geared 65s; but at the same time a lot of effort was put into avoiding possible exploits (no low tier 65 dungeons and level locked box for leveling dungeons).
    Furthermore being able to choose between enchanting materials and accessories is great, not everyone wants hats and backpacks, and not everyone needs mats, this way the event caters to almost all the players.
    There have been a few issues with the leveling rewards but they've been handled in a few hours after the start of the event, so I have no complaints about that.
    The only thing that bugs me is getting just one catalyst after winning CS and FWC, I feel like that prize is fine for Kumas, Iron and Skyring since they take just a few minutes, but one CS or FWC run takes 15 mins, just like a SSNM/LKNM run, which reward 3 to 5.
    Overall I'm super satisfied with the event, it's rewarding, unexploitable and the rewards are great, I'm super excited for the Kyra-Mongo combo that's coming soon. So, great job @Spacecats and EME!

they complain because cant do bot farm, huehuehue
  • counterpointcounterpoint ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 16

Why don't you want people to "hoard" them if they DID put in the time to do 'em? Perhaps nothing on the list that really interest them so they're saving for the next event but obviously that's a no no for whatever reasons.

I think it's mostly because there's an attempt to balance the pace people can earn the catalysts with the prizes people can win during that event, but both the rate earned and the prizes can vary each time. You might have one time where catalysts are easier to earn but the prizes aren't so great; another time the catalysts are harder to earn, but the prizes better to compensate. If you can hoard all the catalysts when they're easy to earn, and spend them when the prizes are great (but new catalysts are harder to earn), you would have a significant advantage over new players or those who didn't hoard. People dumping all the hoarded catalysts to get the "good prizes" would also devalue the prizes on the broker, so even those who do work for them at that time have less-valuable prizes than they otherwise would have had. So it's easier to balance the event if every time is a clean slate; EME can then make fresh decisions each time on the rate, cost, and prizes without having to factor in how many people have saved up.

(Plus, it's always possible that they decide to discontinue this event or change it up in the future so the current catalysts won't work anymore, in which case people who were hoarding them "on purpose" would end up losing all they saved (even though they "earned them"). So that's another reason why it's cleaner just to treat each event as standalone. It's similar to token-based seasonal events in other MMOs.)
  • rexoerexoe ✭✭✭
    Blerg wrote: »
    rexoe wrote: »
    noobs you dont know the fastest way to get catalyst top kek ive only seen 2 people that though the same as i when reading where to get the catalys xD

Kelsaik?

nope even better m8 you get 15 cat each 10 mins
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭

Kelsaik?

Someone is trolling.
  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭

Kelsaik?

You can get that doing KN, up to 16 per 10 non-elite. The only other comparable instance is SSNM when geared.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yamazuki wrote: »

Kelsaik?

You can get that doing KN, up to 16 per 10 non-elite. The only other comparable instance is SSNM when geared.

Weren't talking about lowlevel dungeons?
  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    Yamazuki wrote: »

Kelsaik?

Weren't talking about lowlevel dungeons?

Haven't bothered to check which one would be more efficient, KN has short walking is all.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    ElinUsagi wrote: »

Kelsaik?

Someone is trolling.

2 ssnm and 2 lilith with static team in ambush 15 ;)
  • JBGamingJBGaming ✭✭✭

Thank you for explaining this. It is sound and logical now for the reasons it is the way it is.
  • Geletron wrote: »

Now I'm a little embarrassed because MACHINE LORD GELETRON and the Platform team also deserve a shoutout. The way Kyra's Pop-Up Potion Shack works in the game is all thanks to their hard work implementing it. In fact I'm pretty sure the new red enchanting crystal was their idea, and wouldn't have been possible without their work configuring the potion shop. Thank you GELETRON!
124»