There has been a follow-up statement in the "Cheating and Third Party Tools in TERA - You Won't Believe What Happens Next!" thread in General Discussion. While posting about 3rd party programs is still against the forum rules and we ask that you adhere to that, we hope this helps address some of the questions we've been seeing in the community.

Power Hours for February

Comments

• the only reason why cs popped was the sea chest reward nothing more... don't fuckin kid yourself if people play for fun...
    the only place people que for 'fun' is skyring since there's pretty much no incentive rewards...

so i don't know what you're trying to get at... so far the power hours served the purpose of reviving the dead bgs...
  • edited February 3
    so far the power hours served the purpose of reviving the dead bgs...

Exactly. Most of the people complaining about power hours have absolutely no idea what the state of the Q times may be and are just talking out their a.ss. The reality is the queue for CS has actually been less outside of PH times than it was before. In december we were looking at 40 minute q times in CS and totally dead everywhere else. Now with PH it's about 15 minutes CS and 3's outside of PH, and then 5 minute queues during PH.

This thread is a really good example of why enmasse needs to be VERY careful about what feedback they listen too. Most of the time complaints have some legitimacy, but you occasionally get ones like this where they are coming from 100% clueless players.

• Before power hours CS was all that popped? What were you smoking during the starfall patch?

Fraywind , CS , even Skyring were popping back then. Fraywind was pretty regular too back then.

What did we have back then that we don't have now?

Crusades. Full open world PvP.
  • YJGDCY4KHF wrote: »
    Before power hours CS was all that popped? What were you smoking during the starfall patch?

Fraywind , CS , even Skyring were popping back then. Fraywind was pretty regular too back then.

What did we have back then that we don't have now?

Crusades. Full open world PvP.

I depends on what time period you're talking about. PvP Battlegrounds have always been dependent on two main interrelated things: queue times and rewards. There was a time period when CS was all that popped because it was where the rewards were (and people complained a lot about how Fraywind never popped, which is why Power Hours were invented). Then, after some rebalancing of the rewards (both credits issued and what was on the credit merchants) it spread out more to other battlegrounds, and power hours were less required. But now, because of the changes to the reward structure, it's consolidated more, so power hours are back.

I don't really see any evidence that crusades or open-world PvP had any direct impact, to be honest, because battlegrounds have generally been more about convenience and effort/reward. If they made battlegrounds more rewarding again, I suspect people would queue more and it'd spread out according to where the rewards are.
  • Back in the Vm6 patch when there was the time of the crusades I could log in and queue fraywind with a maximum waiting time of 10 minutes.

CS was the same sometimes up to 30 minutes but it was fine.

Skyring was another matter but it popped none the less.

I can agree rewards are a key part but if you have no need to queue after the reward has been given what incentive do you have to go?

This is why I suggested the leaderboards. It puts PvP back into a competitive state.
  • YJGDCY4KHF wrote: »
    This is why I suggested the leaderboards. It puts PvP back into a competitive state.
    Well, that's true -- the leaderboard aspect is one part that does make sense (and with a good ranking system that requires people to keep playing to maintain their position). That's definitely something it would be nice for BHS to implement properly, and would help.
  • Gridiron power hour pls. Make it pop for us :<
  • @Spacecats

Any chance we could get that fraywind update today, perhaps during the stream? :awesome:
  • Spacecats may read these comments but it's all in vain unless something actually happens for the better. I really hope he is able to push for the things the community wants. The fact that communication is an issue is very disappointing.
  • Right? 2 weeks later and we're still waiting on the info regarding fraywind. I keep checking these threads but it really does seem a lost cause at this point. Makes me sad for us pvpers.
  • If it takes any amount of actual work from BHS and isn't just a switch Spacecats can flip, there is going to be a wait. Oversimplification, I know, but that's generally how things are. So while changing what is equalized and bringing back leaderboards may be good ideas, you will just be disappointed if you expect changes immediately, and no sane community manager wants to commit to anything that might not come through, when they are the exact person who has to deal with the backdraft.
  • It's true I can't commit to saying anything about Fraywind right now except that we intent to continue running power hours and jackpot events for it. We've heard your feedback and have passed it along to Bluehole (multiple times, it's an ongoing discussion as new TERA builds are created). While there are some potential solutions coming down the line, I have no guarantees to give you or any timeline to hint at. Sorry I can't provide more.

Regarding community communication... sometimes the answer is "no" or "not yet" and I realize that sucks for people hoping for specific game changes. I get the criticism, but at the same time realize the communication people are actually looking for is "your wish is 100% granted" and as of right now that's not the case.
  • @Spacecats
    In no way shape or form am
    I expecting a "yes" or "no" answer. I am fully aware that its not EMEs call what so ever on these changes (although Treeshark had helped before when fwc was "broke")

What would of been nice since you say you are in discussion with BHS regarding the fraywind gear problems is just... some kind of details. A lot of what's left of the Pvp community are really hoping the battleground gets reverted back to how it used to be along with a few other things that would effectively fix Pvp on NA Tera.

Throw what's left of the Pvp community a bone, something that would make us want to stick around, because I for one love the combat but in the current state this game is losing its glamour... Pvp wise of course.
  • Does anyone know if its double credits for FWC atm? Because yesterday it was and it was supposed to be skyring.
  • edited February 22
    A monthly ranking competition would definitely boost PVP play and help BGs pop more, the power hours do that but only during times for power hours. How about a 30 day "special" one of a kind costume that can only be won if you rank 1-3 in the battlegrounds. We do love costumes and if these were only obtainable through getting ranked more would play. Reward credits for top 10 players in each BG.
    An additional incentive could be to award the top 3 those special 10% power - 7 days potions you only get from buddy box, which work in BGs and open world pvp and pve.

Kumas and tanks arent pvp, they dont teach pvp and they dont help players learn how to pvp, I find them completely useless BGS, players use them to lvl up and thats about it.