[PC] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 10/15 at 6am PDT, and have an expected downtime of 5 hours. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/terapcmaintenance
[PS4/XB1] Due to an error, we have extended current events (such as dungeon highlights) by one day. The new end time is now 10/15 at 0500 UTC. Thanks for your patience!

Mongo time , really??

Comments

• Honestly, they could've just started it at 12PM (midday). Then EU and NA would both be able to participate in the event.
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some people can't understand globalism and its benefit, they gonna come here and BS us for it.
  • xoBarbxoBarb ✭✭✭
    LesbianVi wrote: »
    A simple concept for simple minded people, players from other regions are players too, they dedicate time, money too, they are profit too but w/e I say you don't understand, it needs brain.

Also I am not saying to give EU time, lol think for a minute, There was always, if you shitters were playing before, times were always scattered so anyone on any time could play, NA, EU, Asian, they all could participate. But as I see lack of brain makes this discussion hard to follow.

you repeatedly saying I don't understand your points because I don't have a brain is senseless at best and idiotic at worst. You have no point. If they want the event to run 7 hours a day and scatter the time to cater to global players, NA players have to suffer on their own server. Players from other regions play NA sure, but the majority is priority. If you don't like that you can go play on EU (which as I said earlier, you won't.), where you won't see any NA players asking for NA time scheduled events.

I am sorry, you have no point. you don't have bias. I can't handle idiots.

more like you cant handle expressing a point/view without name calling.
  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    then go play EU server and enjoy event times that fit your time schedule
    enmasse appreciate the EU playerbase but they can't cater to you. the server is intended for NA players.
    if i was playing in EU i wouldn't complain about events not being catered to me when I don't live in EU.

Again another douche, if we leave, you and your precious fellow NA players gonna cry over and over again for server merge and a dead game. Have your brain outta your [filtered] and think for a minute.

but if Eu sleeps during NA times how could NA miss Eu players? This is rather contradicting.
  • having 1 timeslot centered around NA timezone sucks, but don't forget rally quests happen daily at times when it's very difficult for NA players to contest (4am pst?). People have work/school.

All the BoE Ambush gear that goes to people playing at that time, a lot of people got rich that way, especially fallen squid in fey forest.
  • Idi0ticGeniusIdi0ticGenius ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not just people outside of NA... 3 pm ~ 10 pm PST is when I have school and work, and I only get to enjoy Mongo during those time on Sunday, only for 3 or 4 hours after I come back from church. So I only get to participate in the event for less than 4 hours per week.

I mostly play 10 pm ~ 2am due to my schedule irl, which my day begins from 7am and I come back home around 9pm. So there goes an event for me.

Well, I can work around it of course, such as leaving class early(as I just stay there longer for studying), readjusting my schedule for tutoring kids, asking for time adjustments at work, but even doing that would leave me barely an hour per day.
  • Aimovera wrote: »
    Honestly, they could've just started it at 12PM (midday). Then EU and NA would both be able to participate in the event.

Because this Mongo event is set up to support Kyra's Potion Shack, we wanted to run Mongos for a limited window. 3 p.m. PST is 11 p.m. GMT, so players in EU with more or less typical daily scheduled should still be able to catch the beginning of it. There are quite a few regions to consider for TERA, but of course we are the North American publisher, so we will always lean towards times that favor NA players.

In the case of additional time windows, we tried that last Mongo (Neon) and still got a variety of complaints. So in other words the time slot thing is a bit of a balancing act and we want to see how this one goes before making more decisions. We want to go with a method that benefits as many players as possible without running the event 24/7 (which would be OP).
  • Spacecats wrote: »
    Aimovera wrote: »
    Honestly, they could've just started it at 12PM (midday). Then EU and NA would both be able to participate in the event.

Because this Mongo event is set up to support Kyra's Potion Shack, we wanted to run Mongos for a limited window. 3 p.m. PST is 11 p.m. GMT, so players in EU with more or less typical daily scheduled should still be able to catch the beginning of it. There are quite a few regions to consider for TERA, but of course we are the North American publisher, so we will always lean towards times that favor NA players.

In the case of additional time windows, we tried that last Mongo (Neon) and still got a variety of complaints. So in other words the time slot thing is a bit of a balancing act and we want to see how this one goes before making more decisions. We want to go with a method that benefits as many players as possible without running the event 24/7 (which would be OP).

Blue boxes was 24/7 and all was happy, i don`t think 24/7 is OP , what if mongo start apear after raly bam?
  • Nootiful wrote: »
    Spacecats wrote: »

Actually GMT is just UK, rest of EU is an hour or 2 hours ahead. So it starts at midnight or 1AM for all of them. And it ends at about 6AM. If anyone outside NA wants to do this event we have to stay up all night. I understand that its NA tera and its primarily got to be for NA players, but people outside NA do make up quite a bit of the population, catering to them every so often cant hurt that much. A limited time window is fine, but I would suggest theres a second one at a time more convenient for those that are not playing from NA.

the ambush pinata thats exclusively EARLY am every day for NA tera is already catering to EU players
  • BabbelsimBabbelsim ✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    @Sapcecats Why is it so hard to have 2 time slots? you did that in other events to like the halloween event and hardley any people complained about it, i dont get it :o

im from holland and it will be midnight for me when it start so i cant realy play...
    You may be the NA publisher but i bet half of your player base are from EU and other countries :angry:
  • Please explain WHY you think this needs to be a limited window when there are plenty of other ways to farm for these catalysts infinitely.

I mean even if you run out of dungeon entries for the day, you can just create a new alt and spam some low level dungeons. It's not like it takes more than an hour tops to get to level 25, and far less if you've got someone power leveling you.

All you're doing is putting a limit on getting these catalysts for people who'd prefer to explore to find them rather than run the same 2-5 super tedious and boring dungeon over and over again...

---
    Also on a related note, I was a bit disappointed that you can't just find these things randomly while doing things in TERA. I woulda liked to see them drop rarely when gathering, for example. That makes a lot of sense to me, and it wouldn't even be "unbalanced" because of the Production Point limits.

Or just more ways to get the things that don't rely on dungeon spamming or trying to hunt stupidly rare mobs during an extremely limited time window with the other 500 people who are also trying to do the same...
  • ShikineShikine ✭✭✭✭

@Spacecats yea, we spend a lot, we support this game since release and this is what we get in the face. Every [filtered] time some event happens since you became CM every time there is a thread like this. Why dont you learn something from it?
    Powerhours are fine now, yet you make the same mistakes again and again.
  • Nootiful wrote: »
    Rulford wrote: »
    Nootiful wrote: »

Actually GMT is just UK, rest of EU is an hour or 2 hours ahead. So it starts at midnight or 1AM for all of them. And it ends at about 6AM. If anyone outside NA wants to do this event we have to stay up all night. I understand that its NA tera and its primarily got to be for NA players, but people outside NA do make up quite a bit of the population, catering to them every so often cant hurt that much. A limited time window is fine, but I would suggest theres a second one at a time more convenient for those that are not playing from NA.

the ambush pinata thats exclusively EARLY am every day for NA tera is already catering to EU players

Thats only because eme wont fix the bug with it not working on the timezone the servers run on. Its random on all other regions. Just eme hasnt bothered to fix it on NA. Its not meant to be like that.

Doesnt mean its not currently catering exclusively to EU players
  • LancerJivaLancerJiva ✭✭✭✭✭
    You aren't missing anything, theres maybe 1 or 2 mongos per channel and they drop motes.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirRadovan wrote: »
    you do know, that there huge amount of ppl from EU , Asia... etc on NA Tera..

i doubt for asia and anyway we can be alive with american, mexican and brazilians :3
This discussion has been closed.