[PC] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 10/15 at 6am PDT, and have an expected downtime of 5 hours. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/terapcmaintenance
[PS4/XB1] Due to an error, we have extended current events (such as dungeon highlights) by one day. The new end time is now 10/15 at 0500 UTC. Thanks for your patience!

TERA Mongo: Catalyst Feedback

Comments

• LancerJivaLancerJiva ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still waiting for a reply from @Spacecats
  • ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Fleett wrote: »
    Zoknahal wrote: »
    This thread... sounds so familiar.... Ohh thats right! It was the same last mongo event.

You cannot please everyone, someone will always come here to the forums saying the event is bad.

@Zoknahal you've been part of the forums for a long time, since the old forums and I always see you White Knighting EME. Do you receive special benefits for that? Are you a GM lol? Or is your Rng that good to always be satisfied? Like I've stated above, I would not have a reason to complain if the spawn rate was a little better, and if I actually got a catalyst out of it, and not just hp & mp motes.

Apparently my other reply got deleted because of some rule violations, so i will limit to only say this:

The only reason you think i white knight, is because i remember most post that were made during major events such as the mongos, and in every single event, someone without fail, came to the forums to complain, all the time, be it the rewards, the spawn rate, economy, etc. This thread, while it looks different, it has the same message. People gave feedback about the mongos that they were spawning too much, so EME took the feedback and make em spawn less, and yet players still came to the forums to complain that mongos were too rare. In the end, i will express my opinion abut this threads most of the time, but if EME screws up, i will admit it, in a way that does not sound like an angry player rant, instead of defending, but sometimes EME does not deserve the constant hate and resentment they usually get for making an event.
  • FleettFleett ✭✭✭✭
    Idk where the hate comes in this thread, have not seen any of it, maybe we have different definitions of hate.

However, I'm very much happy with EME because of how good and balanced Kyra's is. The problem comes with the mongos side of it.

When you barely find a mongo, and when you do it drops a mote, that's very disheartening, and seems more like a troll from EME.
  • EllieChu wrote: »
    Remove motes and the chance to get nothing from commons and im happy with it. I stocked up with a bit of canes and braveries which was what i was after. If i wanted catalysts i would farm more SSNM

I'm after an alternative to grinding dungeon after dungeon. I've been on it everyday using all my resets... It's tiring as heck.. especially since we've all been complaining about the lack of content and how bored we are with this patch. It's like adding fuel to the fire making us do the same boring dungeons over and over when we weren't enjoying it in the first place.
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem with mongo hunt is it lasts 7 hours, because of the long hunting time respawn times seems low but I think if we short the hunting time and make it three 2 hours hunting would be better, respawn of mongo would seem better I think :D
  • An assumption or notion that we are begging for handouts or an illusion that we're not thankful. We are. We appreciate your work and what you do for the community. We are not trying to be jerks or complain about things for the sake of complaining. We choose this game to spend our free time. I know there are some people who complain for the sake of complaining, and I know there are people who play devil's advocate and claim the opposite.. but sometimes we are actually just asking for a little consideration.
  • Glad to see someone so level headed. And I think you hit the nail on the head, we like the game, but nothing is without fault, we would like some things to be changed and maybe our voices heard, many people go about it the wrong way.

We are all human, we get angry, but if we take a step back and calm ourselves we can be much more rational.
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well said.
  • Hey all, just wanted to briefly comment that we're keeping an eye on your feedback over the weekend and we appreciate your thoughts on the event. I also wanted to mention that there have been multiple threads about Mongo feedback, and I've merged them all into a single thread to keep the forums more organized. If you want to contribute with your own feedback (positive or negative) please leave it here for the TERA team to consider.

Thanks!
  • We can leave as mani as we want you will never considerit you will do as u please like this [filtered] event
  • It's perfect don't need to change it.
  • Spacecats wrote: »
    Hey all, just wanted to briefly comment that we're keeping an eye on your feedback over the weekend and we appreciate your thoughts on the event. I also wanted to mention that there have been multiple threads about Mongo feedback, and I've merged them all into a single thread to keep the forums more organized. If you want to contribute with your own feedback (positive or negative) please leave it here for the TERA team to consider.

Thanks!

Friendly reminder that deleting threads isn't the same as "merging".
    Because you deleted the other thread I'll make it simple here:
    1. Do not over-advertise your events. Purposefully over-hyping then under-delivery has a very bad effect to your reputation as a company. You would be effectively provoking people who couldn't take part in and mocking people who actually took part in. It's a lose - lose.
    2. Do not try to control damage by deleting/hiding complains. If people complain just for the sake of complaining, they don't care since they can complain even more because of your action, and if people complain to suggest better solutions, they would lose their motivation to do it next time.
    3. Be transparent as much as you can. Tera isn't such a new game that everyone who appears on the forum are newcomers who hop on here just to check out your facade and decide whether they would stay or not. Let us know your problems so we can work it out, stop blockading in your office and throw out whatever you feel like ignorantly.
  • clfarron4clfarron4 ✭✭✭✭
    This is Dreamstorm 2.0 all over again. The servers can't handle the standard weekend farming AND all the additional mobs that the server has to spawn and tell every connected client about.
  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    streetdog wrote: »
    The mongos are the worst event ever, I really dunno why people keep insisting on bringing them back
    Not to mention that having kyra and mongo event in the same time is overkill.

They mostly reward catalysts with bravery/canephoras a bonus. They aren't giving anything else other than bosses that give scales+tokens.
  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Yamazuki wrote: »
    The mongos are the worst event ever, I really dunno why people keep insisting on bringing them back
    Not to mention that having kyra and mongo event in the same time is overkill.

They mostly reward catalysts with bravery/canephoras a bonus. They aren't giving anything else other than bosses that give scales+tokens.

Its not even problem that they drop mats (which come from cata)
    It's just that the idea of such event is stupid. You can literally join raid, stay afk, wait calls, move ur characters or wait summon

Even mindless ssnm is better, tho it would be better reward to be scalled proportionally with the difficulty of the dungeon, so u can get more cata from rmhm (obviously not only 3 more cos it takes way more than ssnm)

Other than the bosses, which are supposed to be limited, raids don't work. The rewards are not sent through parcels for the non-boss variants... Without the unintentional boss spam SSNM was still better than mongos. Also, you can afk even in dungeons and get carried so I don't see why that even matters.