[PC] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 10/17 at 8am PDT, and have an expected downtime of 3 hours. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/terapcmaintenance

I'm so glad that

Correct me if I'm wrong but... from what I'm reading:

EME spawned too many bams during the weekend, people got flooded with catas. (While I worked my butt off on a single map)

Sunday night I farmed my butt off yet again, this time it seemed to be perfect.

Come tonight - nerfed spawn rate?

Because EME spawned too many bams the rest of the event now needs to be regulated and nerfed for those who weren't there for the [filtered] storm of over-spawned bams - cause we were busy trying to farm in Popolion totaling a whopping 200-230 cata's including the "supposed 10" bams that were spawned.

I'm kind of extremely tired of having to sit through comments about how "I got 6 t15 scrolls!" when I've been trying my best to follow the event and farm fairly with very little luck compared to other people. I did really well last night farming one map and seemed to be getting a decent amount of uncommon mongos. About 5-6 cata's per 6-8 minutes which is the same as SSN. I didn't feel like that was OP due to the fact that I was hitting bumps of 10-15 minutes per 5 pretty often.

I was unaware of all of this interesting "op bam spawns" and now I get a nerfed spawn rate on regular mongos? I'm just confused.

Hey, well, thanks anyway. I appreciate you trying. For everyone who was apparently far smarter than me and knew where to go and what to do - congrats, hope you enjoy your plunder.

Cya, EME.

Comments

• The weekend spawn didn't even give that many Catalysts, you could have outfarmed catalyst from Saturday's just with SSNM spamming. It was good because it gave reward through supercede tokens and dragon scales. They need to either have it 80+ supercede if they're going to use the "intended spawn" or have the extremely long spawn if they're going to keep it at 40.

Tonights spawn was the EXACT same as sunday's spawn. If you're disgruntled about tonights then you should also be disgruntled about Sunday's.
  • The weekend spawn didn't even give that many Catalysts, you could have outfarmed catalyst from Saturday's just with SSNM spamming. It was good because it gave reward through supercede tokens and dragon scales. They need to either have it 80+ supercede if they're going to use the "intended spawn" or have the extremely long spawn if they're going to keep it at 40.

Tonights spawn was the EXACT same as sunday's spawn. If you're disgruntled about tonights then you should also be disgruntled about Sunday's.

I'm not disgruntled about the bams. I'm upset with the regular mongo spawn... the common/uncommons got nerfed pretty clearly from yesterday. I like taking my time and farming them for hours. But now they're not even worth it. I'm forced to come to this community bam event to get some extra Kyra's.... please reread. You missed my point.
  • Margarethe wrote: »
    For this type of event to be profitable, you're usually required to be online at the right place and time.
    Players made copious amounts of gold at the start of a previous event, where for the first hour or so it gave superior innerwears.

I was there. Lol. The point is we're not asking for that. Just for an event that allows us to use our time to grind something worth while. Not 20 crit 16's in 5 minutes or 50 noble moons.
  • GrievuuzGrievuuz ✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    The first hour today was great, got 65 catas in an hour, but the last 45 minutes have been atrocious, I've seen maybe 15 common mongos, 0 uncommon and 0 rares, eme what the hell x.x

Edit; to clarify, I didnt change my route or my pattern or anything, doing the same thing - now with different results.
  • Grievuuz wrote: »
    The first hour today was great, got 65 catas in an hour, but the last 45 minutes have been atrocious, I've seen maybe 15 common mongos, 0 uncommon and 0 rares, eme what the [filtered] x.x

Edit; to clarify, I didnt change my route or my pattern or anything, doing the same thing - now with different results.

From farming the actual map I've gotten 12. That's from 6-6:30 (legendary spawn for 30 mins) 7-now (7:51)

Watch out.. you might get too many MES or another umbrella! Wouldn't want that, right? What a broken event! Haha!

Disclaimer: S A R C A S M
  • roxxapoxx wrote: »
    Grievuuz wrote: »
    The first hour today was great, got 65 catas in an hour, but the last 45 minutes have been atrocious, I've seen maybe 15 common mongos, 0 uncommon and 0 rares, eme what the [filtered] x.x

From farming the actual map I've gotten 12. That's from 6-6:30 (legendary spawn for 30 mins) 7-now (7:51)

Watch out.. you might get too many MES or another umbrella! Wouldn't want that, right? What a broken event! Haha!

Disclaimer: S A R C A S M

That's what I've been doing, doing a round, changing channel, doing another round, rinse and repeat.

To be fair, it seems that the uncommon mongo spawn rate was just buffed, seen 20 spawns in the last 5 minutes.

It feels [filtered] when an event like this doesn't stay consistent - although I do understand the decision to nerf it, last night I got ~350 catas (I dont even participate in the legendary mongo killing btw) - 350(!), with an EMP value of 14.000

From their PoV, I totally get it, it just sucks - especially since Im an EU player, committing to staying up all night for 10 days (Event runs from 3pm to 10pm your time, midnight to 7 AM for me - yikes.)
  • I've found 1 uncommon in a place where yesterday I found them atleast every 5-10 minutes. In 2 hours. I don't know if there's something causing inconsistency and I don't care. It's not fair that 1 person claims "I'm finding plenty, don't know why you're complaining" and someone like me who is running around trying to find a UNICORN spot that everyone claims exists. I'm just c o n f u s e d and upset. I don't get why I'm sitting here even trying to get some sense out of anyone. I'm just gonna give up and stop posting because it apparently isn't worth my time or effort.
  • Oh and... if it weren't for the fact that the common mongos dropped motes AND potions (which I'M NOT HERE FOR) then maybe it'd be okay but hey.. we've already freaking mentioned that as a possible idea.
  • If you log on Fey Forest and whisper Khoanie, I might tell you my magic spot. Literally killed 2 rares, 5 minutes between them, just now ;3
  • Hey roxxapoxx we appreciate the feedback on the event, but please don't create duplicate threads. Here's the thread where we'd like people to give their Mongo feedback:
    https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/11751/tera-mongo-catalyst-feedback

This discussion has been closed.