TERA Mongo: Catalyst Feedback

1679111217

Comments

  • metagamemetagame ✭✭✭✭
    @Spacecats when winning the "dragon's hoard backpack" from a potion, the "dragonscale helmet" preview image shows up in place of it

    don't have an image as it slipped my mind at the time, sorry!
  • this happened to me to. i ended up get an UGLY helmet.
  • aeee98 wrote: »
    Xuekao wrote: »
    would be nice if they made it so these bosses would not rely on having a village atlas to get around. unfair to the people who can not afford elite status. sadly i can not get elite status for another week prices for a voucher trippled since i was last online. 30 days use to cost 18k on TR now they are almost 70k a pop.

    The last time it would cost 18k is nearly 2 years ago lol.

    And trust me it is not that hard to get around even as a non-elite when you plan beforehand: knowing your BAM spawns, going with a mystic/priest with elite, buying teleport scrolls which I realise most people actually don't do beforehand.
    xvct wrote: »
    Me and a friend on a Schisma-geared alt ran across our first legendary BAM yesterday. No one was there yet, so we started whacking at it ourselves. We did not know how strong these legendaries were. :') So thank you, @Spacecats, for the fun of watching my friend die from mongo one shots, heheheh

    I also like the puddles of death at the legendaries. Please, please keep them. They're fun! (And I like watching the world burn. ' v ')

    I am very sure it is the exact mech from the boss in the dungeon. Correct me if I am wrong.

    You can't get around as non elite due to cd on scrolls.Mystic/priest cannot summon you to other provinces. What are you smoking?

  • LesbianVi wrote: »
    my suggestion about Mongo time, for the sake of Time Slot for everyone, lag and reswpan rate of coarse. 7 hours continuous farming of mongo I don't think is fun, 7 hours is too long, gets boring and also respawn rate seems low for the long duration.

    my suggestion on time:

    1. 7 AM to 9 AM
    2. 1 PM to 3 PM
    3. 7 PM to 1 PM

    That is 7 hours, late one gets 3 hours, I think short time and variety of time plus spawn rate might be more pleasant to everyone. hopefully you try this, @Spacecats Thanks for the event so far though.

    Yeah, just do 4 sets of LEGENDARY mongos for 2 hour intervals, I think that would be enjoyable. None of this HP mote mongo garbage.
  • EloquenxEloquenx
    edited February 2017
    @Spacecats Hi there, would like to report that mongos in the part of the map is not dropping anything. not even motes. pls help.
    is it because im in a raid?

    fq9wx5C.png

  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    aeee98 wrote: »
    Xuekao wrote: »
    would be nice if they made it so these bosses would not rely on having a village atlas to get around. unfair to the people who can not afford elite status. sadly i can not get elite status for another week prices for a voucher trippled since i was last online. 30 days use to cost 18k on TR now they are almost 70k a pop.

    The last time it would cost 18k is nearly 2 years ago lol.

    And trust me it is not that hard to get around even as a non-elite when you plan beforehand: knowing your BAM spawns, going with a mystic/priest with elite, buying teleport scrolls which I realise most people actually don't do beforehand.
    xvct wrote: »
    Me and a friend on a Schisma-geared alt ran across our first legendary BAM yesterday. No one was there yet, so we started whacking at it ourselves. We did not know how strong these legendaries were. :') So thank you, @Spacecats, for the fun of watching my friend die from mongo one shots, heheheh

    I also like the puddles of death at the legendaries. Please, please keep them. They're fun! (And I like watching the world burn. ' v ')

    I am very sure it is the exact mech from the boss in the dungeon. Correct me if I am wrong.

    You can't get around as non elite due to cd on scrolls.Mystic/priest cannot summon you to other provinces. What are you smoking?

    you use dungeon scroll or the vanguard teleport and flying bacon is a big help B)
    LesbianVi wrote: »
    my suggestion about Mongo time, for the sake of Time Slot for everyone, lag and reswpan rate of coarse. 7 hours continuous farming of mongo I don't think is fun, 7 hours is too long, gets boring and also respawn rate seems low for the long duration.

    my suggestion on time:

    1. 7 AM to 9 AM
    2. 1 PM to 3 PM
    3. 7 PM to 1 PM

    That is 7 hours, late one gets 3 hours, I think short time and variety of time plus spawn rate might be more pleasant to everyone. hopefully you try this, @Spacecats Thanks for the event so far though.

    Yeah, just do 4 sets of LEGENDARY mongos for 2 hour intervals, I think that would be enjoyable. None of this HP mote mongo garbage.

    little mongo can drop catalyst and potion
  • Is it me or did they nerf the heck out of regular common/uncommon/rare mongo spawns? My frequency of finding these have been abysmal today, compared to the last 3 days :/
  • metagamemetagame ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Grievuuz wrote: »
    Is it me or did they nerf the heck out of regular common/uncommon/rare mongo spawns? My frequency of finding these have been abysmal today, compared to the last 3 days :/
    they haven't touched it

    the longer the event goes on, the more mongos start to spawn in unreachable areas, making it seem like the spawn was "lowered", when in reality you just can't see/attack them. this isn't something eme or bhs can change, and the only 'solution' would be to manually despawn and respawn all mongos every hour or so (another reason why 24/7 mongos would be a poor choice)
  • metagame wrote: »
    Grievuuz wrote: »
    Is it me or did they nerf the heck out of regular common/uncommon/rare mongo spawns? My frequency of finding these have been abysmal today, compared to the last 3 days :/
    they haven't touched it

    the longer the event goes on, the more mongos start to spawn in unreachable areas, making it seem like the spawn was "lowered", when in reality you just can't see/attack them. this isn't something eme or bhs can change, and the only 'solution' would be to manually despawn and respawn all mongos every hour or so (another reason why 24/7 mongos would be a poor choice)

    Sounded feasible until I realized that it wasn't a problem whatsoever the first 3 days :/
  • metagamemetagame ✭✭✭✭
    the earlier you hunt them, the less likely they are to be scattered in places you can't see, but in the end it's still entirely random if they do or not.
  • metagame wrote: »
    the earlier you hunt them, the less likely they are to be scattered in places you can't see, but in the end it's still entirely random if they do or not.

    They were missing from the beginning at 6 though.. I agree with grievuuz LOL. I started at start in the one of the most densely populated areas and found very little common and 0 uncommon.
  • Grievuuz wrote: »
    Is it me or did they nerf the heck out of regular common/uncommon/rare mongo spawns? My frequency of finding these have been abysmal today, compared to the last 3 days :/

    No, the spawns haven't been reduced. Have you been staying in the same area and channel, or mixing it up between channels? It's possible for more Mongos to spawn in the same channel after being hunted in another one. So for instance if Basilisk Crag channels 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 get heavily hunted, channel 6 may end up getting a lot of respawns which stay safely un-hunted until people swap to that channel. The distribution doesn't stay 100% equal.
  • LancerJivaLancerJiva ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grievuuz wrote: »
    Is it me or did they nerf the heck out of regular common/uncommon/rare mongo spawns? My frequency of finding these have been abysmal today, compared to the last 3 days :/

    Nope thats your normal spawns, if you're lucky to find one, it'll most likely drop a mote anyways. IMO they should make the spawn rate similar to the Neon Mongo event with 1 guaranteed catalyst as a drop and make the loot parcel mailed to everyone in a raid.
  • LancerJiva wrote: »
    Grievuuz wrote: »
    Is it me or did they nerf the heck out of regular common/uncommon/rare mongo spawns? My frequency of finding these have been abysmal today, compared to the last 3 days :/

    Nope thats your normal spawns, if you're lucky to find one, it'll most likely drop a mote anyways. IMO they should make the spawn rate similar to the Neon Mongo event with 1 guaranteed catalyst as a drop and make the loot parcel mailed to everyone in a raid.

    What you're proposing would result in an insane influx of catalysts, enchanting mats, accessories, etc...

    Imagine 30 people hunting one area for 7 hours and getting a catalyst any time a single person killed a Mongo. Not only would it encourage people to afk and not actually participate in the event, it would encourage people to run multiple accounts like gold farmers.

    I know it seems like you must have a 100% mote drop rate when it comes to Mongos (from your comments I honestly can't tell if you're participating in this Mongo event anymore, LancerJiva), but the event is designed to compliment Kyra's Pop-Up Potion Shack, not serve as an end-all source for getting +15 ambush. Some minor adjustments might be made before Feb 28, but nothing as extreme as what you're describing.
  • Current Mongo event is pretty okey, removal of motes and slight increase of catalyst drop would be pretty good.
Sign In or Register to comment.