TERA Mongo: Catalyst Feedback

Comments

• LancerJivaLancerJiva ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Spacecats wrote: »
    LancerJiva wrote: »
    Grievuuz wrote: »
    Is it me or did they nerf the heck out of regular common/uncommon/rare mongo spawns? My frequency of finding these have been abysmal today, compared to the last 3 days :/

Nope thats your normal spawns, if you're lucky to find one, it'll most likely drop a mote anyways. IMO they should make the spawn rate similar to the Neon Mongo event with 1 guaranteed catalyst as a drop and make the loot parcel mailed to everyone in a raid.

What you're proposing would result in an insane influx of catalysts, enchanting mats, accessories, etc...

Imagine 30 people hunting one area for 7 hours and getting a catalyst any time a single person killed a Mongo. Not only would it encourage people to afk and not actually participate in the event, it would encourage people to run multiple accounts like gold farmers.

I know it seems like you must have a 100% mote drop rate when it comes to Mongos (from your comments I honestly can't tell if you're participating in this Mongo event anymore, LancerJiva), but the event is designed to compliment Kyra's Pop-Up Potion Shack, not serve as an end-all source for getting +15 ambush. Some minor adjustments might be made before Feb 28, but nothing as extreme as what you're describing.

I haven't participated since the first day when it was basically impossible to find a single mongo and when you do, 9 times out of 10, it drops a mote. It isn't worth the time. The only thing I really am participating in, which is worth it ATM, is the legendary spawns, but the normal mongos no.

It is not an influx of catalyst when you think about it, because you can get a guaranteed drop of 3-5 catalysts from doing 1 run of SSNM with a good party within 4-5 minutes. You spam that 12+ times on multiple characters, theres your influx of catalyst, you just need to be sane and dedicated enough to do it.

Now as for mongos, which many players enjoy and look forward to, there is nothing wrong with increasing the spawn rate and making them drop 1 catalyst guaranteed. If you think about it, it balances that out easily with the rates of completing SSNM. You have a guaranteed drop of 3-5 catalyst from doing 1 SSNM run within 4-5 minutes and if you increase the mongo rates, you can find 1 catalyst per minute or so if its balanced that way. It's all the same. You're just giving people a chance to do something different rather then spamming SSNM all day every day, which it does get boring and people do enjoy mongos and hunting them in open world.

Theres nothing wrong with increasing the spawn rate and having commons drop 1 catalyst and having uncommons drop like 3 catalysts and rares 5 or more. Just adjust the spawn rates and it will easily balance out with the time it takes to do 1 dungeon. The motes dropping is what kills it honestly, considering the motes are almost always a guarantee.

I mean maybe the whole raid thing was a bit much, but at least make them a guaranteed drop so solo hunters can benefit more...
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it me or did they nerf the heck out of regular common/uncommon/rare mongo spawns? My frequency of finding these have been abysmal today, compared to the last 3 days :/

No, the spawns haven't been reduced. Have you been staying in the same area and channel, or mixing it up between channels? It's possible for more Mongos to spawn in the same channel after being hunted in another one. So for instance if Basilisk Crag channels 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 get heavily hunted, channel 6 may end up getting a lot of respawns which stay safely un-hunted until people swap to that channel. The distribution doesn't stay 100% equal.

Time Slot won't change Kitty? :( Give us 9 AM to 10 or 11 AM at least :3
  • LancerJiva wrote: »
    I haven't participated since the first day when it was basically impossible to find a single mongo and when you do, 9 times out of 10, it drops a mote. It isn't worth the time. The only thing I really am participating in, which is worth it ATM, is the legendary spawns, but the normal mongos no.

Now as for mongos, which many players enjoy and look forward to, there is nothing wrong with increasing the spawn rate and making them drop 1 catalyst guaranteed. If you think about it, it balances that out easily with the rates of completing SSNM. You have a guaranteed drop of 3-5 catalyst from doing 1 SSNM run within 4-5 minutes and if you increase the mongo rates, you can find 1 catalyst per minute or so if its balanced that way. It's all the same. You're just giving people a chance to do something different rather then spamming SSNM all day every day, which it does get boring and people do enjoy mongos and hunting them in open world.

Clearly you've been looking for mongos for just the first hour of the event in a crowded area, because I can easily get 6 catalysts every 10 minutes by hunting COMMON and UNCOMMON mongos in not crowded areas: it's true, they drop motes, but I'd say, out of 10 common mongos, 2 drop catalysts, 3 drop potions and 5 drop motes. IMO farming mongos is much more efficient than spamming SSNM, unless you have a full +15 ambush party.
    I feel like this mongo event is pretty rewarding even if you don't hunt the legendaries, as, in an hour, you can get up to 50/60 catalysts, a ton of strong canephora and bravery potions, and around 150 personal rare alk and 200/250 personal extensive alk.

• @Spacecats I don't know if you guys have done it this event(seriously doesn't seem like it) but can you add a de-spawn feature to mongos, like after 5 minutes of not being found they spawn someplace else after their spawn timer is up(if they have one) to at least prevent mongos from being stuck in walls and underground? Cause I would imagine a lot if not most of the issue of "lack of spawns" comes from a good chunk of them are just unavailable to us just because of this bug that has been here and not fixed since the first event, and it's irritating to find an uncommon or rare sitting in a rock and only being able to kill it with a thrall or wraith in order to make it spawn someplace else hopefully.

Also throwing this out here remove motes in general and replace with a worthless pot, even ones from NPC just anything players can actually use, cause that's the main reason we hate motes that they are literally worthless and anything would be better than something we can't even use.

The 5 minute lifespan isn't doable, unfortunately. There just isn't that kind of customization available with the tools we're using to create this event. The problem of Mongos being stuck underground is something that still happens, but it's rare enough that it shouldn't matter within the span of a single Mongo-spawning session. The time we really noticed it happening was after multiple days of constant spawns.

I've been hunting Mongos every day and I've had mixed success. I tend to log in towards the end of the event, and IMO the frequency is what I anticipated it would be. Last night I got fewer catalysts than on Sunday night when I hit a jackpot of uncommon Mongos (I got lucky). Even then, there were moments when I was killing 2 or 3 common Mongos simultaneously.
  • @Spacecats is there a way you guys can remove the click the check box on catalyst? it is a tedious process to do when you have a lot of catalyst in your inventory.
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even spacekitty is farming Catalysts while I can't, :expressionless: lol and he keeps looking the other way B)
  • Spacecats wrote: »
    @Spacecats I don't know if you guys have done it this event(seriously doesn't seem like it) but can you add a de-spawn feature to mongos, like after 5 minutes of not being found they spawn someplace else after their spawn timer is up(if they have one) to at least prevent mongos from being stuck in walls and underground? Cause I would imagine a lot if not most of the issue of "lack of spawns" comes from a good chunk of them are just unavailable to us just because of this bug that has been here and not fixed since the first event, and it's irritating to find an uncommon or rare sitting in a rock and only being able to kill it with a thrall or wraith in order to make it spawn someplace else hopefully.

Also throwing this out here remove motes in general and replace with a worthless pot, even ones from NPC just anything players can actually use, cause that's the main reason we hate motes that they are literally worthless and anything would be better than something we can't even use.

The 5 minute lifespan isn't doable, unfortunately. There just isn't that kind of customization available with the tools we're using to create this event. The problem of Mongos being stuck underground is something that still happens, but it's rare enough that it shouldn't matter within the span of a single Mongo-spawning session. The time we really noticed it happening was after multiple days of constant spawns.

I've been hunting Mongos every day and I've had mixed success. I tend to log in towards the end of the event, and IMO the frequency is what I anticipated it would be. Last night I got fewer catalysts than on Sunday night when I hit a jackpot of uncommon Mongos (I got lucky). Even then, there were moments when I was killing 2 or 3 common Mongos simultaneously.

Yesterday between 2AM and 2:45AM (5PM PST and 5:45PM PST) I found 3 common mongos, on my normal route - a route that had yielded roughly a common mongo per minute for two straight hours. Then the spawnrate returned to normal for an hour, then went to heck again after an hour, until there was only 45-60 minutes left of the event.

Something weird was going on, you don't have an area with the same consistency for 3 days (21 hours of event time), then have it change in an extreme fashion for extended periods of time.

It also doesn't even remotely fall into the RNG category - it was way beyond that, so don't you dare tell me that's what it was :p
  • "Legendary spawns will occur randomly.."

...well, it's not like any of us had a schedule anyways. No announcements, no time, nothing. Just "random". We could be using this idle time for other things instead of waiting on our toes, but nope. It's gotta be random and inconsistent.

And I was just starting to feel hopeful about this event.
  • LancerJiva wrote: »
    LancerJiva wrote: »

Nope thats your normal spawns, if you're lucky to find one, it'll most likely drop a mote anyways. IMO they should make the spawn rate similar to the Neon Mongo event with 1 guaranteed catalyst as a drop and make the loot parcel mailed to everyone in a raid.

What you're proposing would result in an insane influx of catalysts, enchanting mats, accessories, etc...

Imagine 30 people hunting one area for 7 hours and getting a catalyst any time a single person killed a Mongo. Not only would it encourage people to afk and not actually participate in the event, it would encourage people to run multiple accounts like gold farmers.

I know it seems like you must have a 100% mote drop rate when it comes to Mongos (from your comments I honestly can't tell if you're participating in this Mongo event anymore, LancerJiva), but the event is designed to compliment Kyra's Pop-Up Potion Shack, not serve as an end-all source for getting +15 ambush. Some minor adjustments might be made before Feb 28, but nothing as extreme as what you're describing.

It is not an influx of catalyst when you think about it, because you can get a guaranteed drop of 3-5 catalysts from doing 1 run of SSNM with a good party within 4-5 minutes. You spam that 12+ times on multiple characters, theres your influx of catalyst, you just need to be sane and dedicated enough to do it.

Theres nothing wrong with increasing the spawn rate and having commons drop 1 catalyst and having uncommons drop like 3 catalysts and rares 5 or more. Just adjust the spawn rates and it will easily balance out with the time it takes to do 1 dungeon. The motes dropping is what kills it honestly, considering the motes are almost always a guarantee.

I mean maybe the whole raid thing was a bit much, but at least make them a guaranteed drop so solo hunters can benefit more...

i DON'T agree with the raid parcel idea but i do agree with upping the rate of the cata drop per common. i don't think it should be 100% but i think what makes more sense it to get rid of motes, and keep it between the brave or the cata.
  • mewsumewsu ✭✭✭
    did the mongos get lost? asking for a friend because i'm sure a lot of people have things to do, and they were expecting a fixed schedule for this. but, thanks anyway.
  • ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    lulupon wrote: »
    did the mongos get lost? asking for a friend because i'm sure a lot of people have things to do, and they were expecting a fixed schedule for this. but, thanks anyway.

That seems to be the case. They are late by 35 mins now. I myself will just go finish some stuff and come back in 30 mins and see if they spawn.
  • Spacecats wrote: »
    @Spacecats I don't know if you guys have done it this event(seriously doesn't seem like it) but can you add a de-spawn feature to mongos, like after 5 minutes of not being found they spawn someplace else after their spawn timer is up(if they have one) to at least prevent mongos from being stuck in walls and underground? Cause I would imagine a lot if not most of the issue of "lack of spawns" comes from a good chunk of them are just unavailable to us just because of this bug that has been here and not fixed since the first event, and it's irritating to find an uncommon or rare sitting in a rock and only being able to kill it with a thrall or wraith in order to make it spawn someplace else hopefully.

I appreciate you trying to give us ideas but it'd be great if instead of assuming "we're just not doing it correctly" or "trying hard enough" that maybe it's actually that inconsistent and unfair to the people who are trying to enjoy this event and just getting motes. :/

Like it is super disheartening to hear you say "just try this" or "It's working as I intended it to."

If I'm not getting nearly ANY catalysts what is the point of this event? I'm actually very curious. I get that you said it's "not your ticket to +15" but that's literally patronizing as heck. Like. We aren't asking for that. Is it actually a bad thing to give your community what they want? Because other than that kid who very interestingly exclaimed it should be like neon mongos ( I think we all agree it should never be ) is it that bad to have an event where time + effort = reward? If we go for 6 hours straight I think it's pretty reasonable that we should get a lot of catalysts. But other than sunday (I farmed 200 in 6 hours) I've been trying to grind commons and just getting motes and potions so that's not exactly a viable way to get Kyra's.

But I guess if you made this as a "oh you can maybe get 1-2 Kyra's between dungeons" event than you shouldn't even advertise it or atleast make it clear that this isn't a grind/farm event.

I like you, like a lot. You're my favorite person on the team. So hearing you doubt the accuracy of our claims or trying to offer help as if we haven't tried plenty of things just really hurts tbh
  • Xuekao wrote: »
    @Spacecats is there a way you guys can remove the click the check box on catalyst? it is a tedious process to do when you have a lot of catalyst in your inventory.

No sorry, there's really no way to remove it. Catalysts are actually a bit complicated in that they're tied directly to your En Masse account (which is why catalysts carry over from character to character). The back end requirements for an item like this means it needs to have a pop-up window, just like Elite status vouchers.
  • ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xuekao wrote: »
    @Spacecats is there a way you guys can remove the click the check box on catalyst? it is a tedious process to do when you have a lot of catalyst in your inventory.

No sorry, there's really no way to remove it. Catalysts are actually a bit complicated in that they're tied directly to your En Masse account (which is why catalysts carry over from character to character). The back end requirements for an item like this means it needs to have a pop-up window, just like Elite status vouchers.

Since you are here already, can we know why the legendary mongos haven't spawned yet? or there will be no legendary mongos today?
  • FleettFleett ✭✭✭✭
    @Spacecats
    Glad you're still active, https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/11852/tera-mongos-february-21st#latest
    tell us what's happening please!