[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 10/21 at 7pm PDT, and have an expected downtime of 3 hours. For details, please visit the following link: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

TERA Mongo: Catalyst Feedback

Comments

• roxxapoxx wrote: »
    Spacecats wrote: »
    @Spacecats I don't know if you guys have done it this event(seriously doesn't seem like it) but can you add a de-spawn feature to mongos, like after 5 minutes of not being found they spawn someplace else after their spawn timer is up(if they have one) to at least prevent mongos from being stuck in walls and underground? Cause I would imagine a lot if not most of the issue of "lack of spawns" comes from a good chunk of them are just unavailable to us just because of this bug that has been here and not fixed since the first event, and it's irritating to find an uncommon or rare sitting in a rock and only being able to kill it with a thrall or wraith in order to make it spawn someplace else hopefully.

Also throwing this out here remove motes in general and replace with a worthless pot, even ones from NPC just anything players can actually use, cause that's the main reason we hate motes that they are literally worthless and anything would be better than something we can't even use.

The 5 minute lifespan isn't doable, unfortunately. There just isn't that kind of customization available with the tools we're using to create this event. The problem of Mongos being stuck underground is something that still happens, but it's rare enough that it shouldn't matter within the span of a single Mongo-spawning session. The time we really noticed it happening was after multiple days of constant spawns.

I've been hunting Mongos every day and I've had mixed success. I tend to log in towards the end of the event, and IMO the frequency is what I anticipated it would be. Last night I got fewer catalysts than on Sunday night when I hit a jackpot of uncommon Mongos (I got lucky). Even then, there were moments when I was killing 2 or 3 common Mongos simultaneously.

I appreciate you trying to give us ideas but it'd be great if instead of assuming "we're just not doing it correctly" or "trying hard enough" that maybe it's actually that inconsistent and unfair to the people who are trying to enjoy this event and just getting motes. :/

Like it is super disheartening to hear you say "just try this" or "It's working as I intended it to."

If I'm not getting nearly ANY catalysts what is the point of this event? I'm actually very curious. I get that you said it's "not your ticket to +15" but that's literally patronizing as heck. Like. We aren't asking for that. Is it actually a bad thing to give your community what they want? Because other than that kid who very interestingly exclaimed it should be like neon mongos ( I think we all agree it should never be ) is it that bad to have an event where time + effort = reward? If we go for 6 hours straight I think it's pretty reasonable that we should get a lot of catalysts. But other than sunday (I farmed 200 in 6 hours) I've been trying to grind commons and just getting motes and potions so that's not exactly a viable way to get Kyra's.

But I guess if you made this as a "oh you can maybe get 1-2 Kyra's between dungeons" event than you shouldn't even advertise it or atleast make it clear that this isn't a grind/farm event.

I like you, like a lot. You're my favorite person on the team. So hearing you doubt the accuracy of our claims or trying to offer help as if we haven't tried plenty of things just really hurts tbh

Hey roxxapoxx sorry if what I said was in any way disheartening. I didn't mean to imply that you or anyone wasn't trying hard enough or that you're doing it wrong. I was just giving some tips based off how I know the TERA server spawns Mongos along with what I've had success doing personally. There's more to it than just my gut feeling when it comes to measuring the success and balance of an event like this.

For instance, we're also able to monitor the number of catalysts all players are getting on every server and how they're getting them. Just like we're able to measure feedstock, alkahest, crystals, EMP, costumes, BAM kills, and pretty much everything else. So when some players say they expect more catalysts while others say they're getting plenty of catalysts, we check the number of claimed catalysts out there. Nothing is set in stone so if it does look like things need adjusting, we're totally up for doing it. At the moment things actually look pretty well balanced. Obviously that's upsetting to people who feel like they aren't getting rewarded enough, but just like not every player will get to successfully enchant an item to +12 on the first try or get the niveot they want when combining crystals, there's a random factor to the game that means some players will inevitably get more loot than others just based off luck. I hope that makes sense.
  • @Spacecats thanks for the reply. i will let my guildies know this as well.
  • Zoknahal wrote: »
    Xuekao wrote: »
    @Spacecats is there a way you guys can remove the click the check box on catalyst? it is a tedious process to do when you have a lot of catalyst in your inventory.

No sorry, there's really no way to remove it. Catalysts are actually a bit complicated in that they're tied directly to your En Masse account (which is why catalysts carry over from character to character). The back end requirements for an item like this means it needs to have a pop-up window, just like Elite status vouchers.

Since you are here already, can we know why the legendary mongos haven't spawned yet? or there will be no legendary mongos today?

It's changing every day. Today's ice cream is Meldita flavored and should show up at about 6 p.m. PST :)
  • MidokuPastaMidokuPasta ✭✭✭✭
    Zoknahal wrote: »
    @Spacecats is there a way you guys can remove the click the check box on catalyst? it is a tedious process to do when you have a lot of catalyst in your inventory.

No sorry, there's really no way to remove it. Catalysts are actually a bit complicated in that they're tied directly to your En Masse account (which is why catalysts carry over from character to character). The back end requirements for an item like this means it needs to have a pop-up window, just like Elite status vouchers.

Since you are here already, can we know why the legendary mongos haven't spawned yet? or there will be no legendary mongos today?

It's changing every day. Today's ice cream is Meldita flavored and should show up at about 6 p.m. PST :)

Never doubted you for a second <3 <3 <3
  • ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭

Ohh nice, i thought there were not gonna be any for a second :( it was getting a bit late. Ill have to postpone dinner for after the mongos :)
  • Spacecats wrote: »

I don't feel like it's that it's actually changing every day when they've spawned at the same time the past 4 days, I feel like it's more that it got wiped when maintenance and you all realised late...

Could there at least be some consistency tho in legendary spawn times? People plan their dungeons/time spent in this game around events like these, you can at the very least allow some sort of consistency for people that are being loyal and participating in your events.
  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't feel like it's that it's actually changing every day when they've spawned at the same time the past 4 days, I feel like it's more that it got wiped when maintenance and you all realised late...

Could there at least be some consistency tho in legendary spawn times? People plan their dungeons/time spent in this game around events like these, you can at the very least allow some sort of consistency for people that are being loyal and participating in your events.

They didn't start at the same time everyday.

The spawns will consistently be announced 30 minutes in advance, giving players players enough time to finish their dungeon run and prepare to hunt them. Tonight's Legendary was announced 7 minutes ago. The first Legend (Gorgoth) spawned at this time as well. Last night's spawned only 30 minutes after the event began.
  • aeee98aeee98 ✭✭✭✭
    aeee98 wrote: »
    would be nice if they made it so these bosses would not rely on having a village atlas to get around. unfair to the people who can not afford elite status. sadly i can not get elite status for another week prices for a voucher trippled since i was last online. 30 days use to cost 18k on TR now they are almost 70k a pop.

The last time it would cost 18k is nearly 2 years ago lol.

And trust me it is not that hard to get around even as a non-elite when you plan beforehand: knowing your BAM spawns, going with a mystic/priest with elite, buying teleport scrolls which I realise most people actually don't do beforehand.
    xvct wrote: »
    Me and a friend on a Schisma-geared alt ran across our first legendary BAM yesterday. No one was there yet, so we started whacking at it ourselves. We did not know how strong these legendaries were. :') So thank you, @Spacecats, for the fun of watching my friend die from mongo one shots, heheheh

I also like the puddles of death at the legendaries. Please, please keep them. They're fun! (And I like watching the world burn. ' v ')

I am very sure it is the exact mech from the boss in the dungeon. Correct me if I am wrong.

You can't get around as non elite due to cd on scrolls.Mystic/priest cannot summon you to other provinces. What are you smoking?

2 mins on scrolls max iirc, And if you need to go even any faster than that, chances are you are not going to be that efficient anyway (clear the map before teleporting to another region) so work within that limit

• ShikineShikine ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    I found the problem with people in raid not getting any drop from common mongos.

Someone from the raid is in a dungeon, usually HH if its a 30 man raid.

I got 0 thing from commons, no catalyst from uncommon mongos. And I killed 30ish common and at least 5 uncommons.
    Please fix it @Spacecats
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shikine wrote: »
    I found the problem with people in raid not getting any drop from common mongos.

Someone from the raid is in a dungeon, usually HH if its a 30 man raid.

I got 0 thing from commons, no catalyst from uncommon mongos. And I killed 30ish common and at least 5 uncommons.
    Please fix it @Spacecats

you need to hunt them alone to get something
  • xvctxvct ✭✭✭
    Must be nice to give feedback on an event whose entire window doesn't happen when you're at work or school or sleeping. ' n'
  • aeee98 wrote: »
    would be nice if they made it so these bosses would not rely on having a village atlas to get around. unfair to the people who can not afford elite status. sadly i can not get elite status for another week prices for a voucher trippled since i was last online. 30 days use to cost 18k on TR now they are almost 70k a pop.

The last time it would cost 18k is nearly 2 years ago lol.

And trust me it is not that hard to get around even as a non-elite when you plan beforehand: knowing your BAM spawns, going with a mystic/priest with elite, buying teleport scrolls which I realise most people actually don't do beforehand.
    xvct wrote: »
    Me and a friend on a Schisma-geared alt ran across our first legendary BAM yesterday. No one was there yet, so we started whacking at it ourselves. We did not know how strong these legendaries were. :') So thank you, @Spacecats, for the fun of watching my friend die from mongo one shots, heheheh

I also like the puddles of death at the legendaries. Please, please keep them. They're fun! (And I like watching the world burn. ' v ')

I am very sure it is the exact mech from the boss in the dungeon. Correct me if I am wrong.

You can't get around as non elite due to cd on scrolls.Mystic/priest cannot summon you to other provinces. What are you smoking?

Unless you are spending your fed. bills in the accesories and other stuff in the shop, you can buy single use atlas from it and get around without the use of tp scrolls and the like. Mongos and bosses spawn in selected areas so you can just buy a few tp scrolls from those particular cities to be able to get there faster, but the one use village atlas in the fed. bill store is a really nice alternative.
  • i had enough for 7 atlas. plenty for event. also got elite after event. it was fun but that lag was hilariously aweful.

The spawns will consistently be announced 30 minutes in advance, giving players players enough time to finish their dungeon run and prepare to hunt them. Tonight's Legendary was announced 7 minutes ago. The first Legend (Gorgoth) spawned at this time as well. Last night's spawned only 30 minutes after the event began.

Like i do know that you guys tend to NA playerbase, and then say you made this event so EU ppl also get it but honestly these ledendarys spawned so [filtered] late it was already in the middle of night. If you you do want to include EU time ppl than at least do that not say ''oh we made times so EU also gets it!!!!'' and then stab in back for legendarys to appear [filtered] late.
    Say it as it is then.
    And honestly ledendary ttimes before were just fine.

On side not. Right after mango spawning starts dungeons are not runnable at all. Like being in rmnm last boss right as event started. It was like playing in underwater. Or drunk. Reaction times OP.