[PC] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 10/15 at 6am PDT, and have an expected downtime of 5 hours. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/terapcmaintenance
[PS4/XB1] Due to an error, we have extended current events (such as dungeon highlights) by one day. The new end time is now 10/15 at 0500 UTC. Thanks for your patience!

Bugged Magnarox (Mongo)

This boss mongo is bugged, nobody can damage it, please fix it soon.

EDIT: People can damage it, but the health bar wont go down.

Comments

• YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's based on hits.
  • This is my guess as to why the HP doesn't update, even though Magnarox does take damage. It's because it's out of the environment where it's supposed to always exist with the sword mechanic in AINM/AIHM. That sword has a HP bar of it's own. The two HP bars of both entities overlap in the UI and whichever one you are closest to gets swapped to the foreground, while the other stays the in background, partially visible. Magnarox's HP bar can't ever exist as a single HP bar on it's own and because of that the UI bugs out.
  • edited February 2017
    Misago wrote: »
    This is my guess as to why the HP doesn't update, even though Magnarox does take damage. It's because it's out of the environment where it's supposed to always exist with the sword mechanic in AINM/AIHM. That sword has a HP bar of it's own. The two HP bars of both entities overlap in the UI and whichever one you are closest to gets swapped to the foreground, while the other stays the in background, partially visible. Magnarox's HP bar can't ever exist as a single HP bar on it's own and because of that the UI bugs out.

I like that theory because it does speak to how bosses tend to work with dungeon environments in TERA to make complex encounters... but actually the Magnarox HP bar was something I did deliberately because Magnarox is otherwise kind of a wimp and wouldn't last very long if other people wanted to show up and help kill it. Next time I think I'll just let him get his butt kicked, though, just to make things less confusing.
  • LancerJivaLancerJiva ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spacecats wrote: »
    This is my guess as to why the HP doesn't update, even though Magnarox does take damage. It's because it's out of the environment where it's supposed to always exist with the sword mechanic in AINM/AIHM. That sword has a HP bar of it's own. The two HP bars of both entities overlap in the UI and whichever one you are closest to gets swapped to the foreground, while the other stays the in background, partially visible. Magnarox's HP bar can't ever exist as a single HP bar on it's own and because of that the UI bugs out.

I like that theory because it does speak to how bosses tend to work with dungeon environments in TERA to make complex encounters... but actually the Magnarox HP bar was something I did deliberately because Magnarox is otherwise kind of a wimp and wouldn't last very long if other people wanted to show up and help kill it. Next time I think I'll just let him get his [filtered] kicked, though, just to make things less confusing.

Well thanks for clearing that up, but I think you should do that more often, because I was thinking the same thing that he would die fast. You should make all bosses HP like that that would tend to die fast to give other players a chance to get there in time.
  • LancerJiva wrote: »
    Well thanks for clearing that up, but I think you should do that more often, because I was thinking the same thing that he would die fast. You should make all bosses HP like that that would tend to die fast to give other players a chance to get there in time.

I halfway agree with this, bosses should have more HP to allow players to reach it in time, but the bar shouldnt stay at 99% until the boss dies, it looks awkward. Is it not possible to just give him a bigger healthpool? ;o
  • Ves1978Ves1978 ✭✭✭✭

I like that theory because it does speak to how bosses tend to work with dungeon environments in TERA to make complex encounters... but actually the Magnarox HP bar was something I did deliberately because Magnarox is otherwise kind of a wimp and wouldn't last very long if other people wanted to show up and help kill it. Next time I think I'll just let him get his [filtered] kicked, though, just to make things less confusing.

actually this was a brilliant idea and every legendary should be hit based so more people can get a reward.
  • My comment poofed, maybe I pressed a wrong button ;-; but the tl;dr is I think it was a great idea on your part Spacecats to make the bosses hit based, as well as the extra 5 mongos, everyone had a good chance to reap the rewards of all spawned mongos as the raids were working together in Global chat to direct people towards what mongo we should fight next.
  • Spacecats wrote: »

A lot of times I don't agree with things you tend to do out of the blue without notifying anyone in your events. But this time I think you actually hit the nail in the right spot. This mechanic gave more people time to reach the boss, made things way more organized and most raids got either full rewards or most of them. I hope you keep this system up for the rest of the event. It's a really good way to solve the problem some more anxious or impatient people have in the face of a legendary and tend to smack it right away.

Thanks for this~
  • @Spacecats The yesterday's BAM mongos was really fun and enjoyable. Many people could arrive in time because it was based on hits. I think the only thing you should do today to make it better is announce that the BAMs are hits based, not HP based, that would solve all the problems and shut up the [filtered] people :pleased:
  • Definitely keep that on the rest of the BAMS, made it easier for more people to get to them and receive awards, made it more enjoyable tbh!
  • TWMagimayTWMagimay ✭✭✭✭✭

Or just tell people beforehand what you plan on doing so we are not sitting there like "Is it bugged? Is it hitbased? Is it 10bil hp? Is it resetting? Is it a troll and not part of the actual event?" Having the bosses last longer is undoubtedly a great idea and the confusion didn;t come from the boss taking longer to die but from him staying at 99% and nobody knowing why that is.