Server downtime of last night

@Spacecats @CobaltDragon @Smoreceror @Noesis

I logged in last night and it said servers were down, checked the server status page and it showed that only CH was up.
Any explanation what caused this? I'm glad it got fixed fast.

Comments

• LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    explanation? CH IS MASTER SERVER, [filtered] IS THE FUEL FOR SERVERS.

Moral of last night incident is have some Nuts and heavy [filtered] to be running your server fully functional.

Also we CH players demand for our OUTSTANDING performance last night and staying UP like the nuts we are a TRIPLE DROP for CH only.

That was fun though, people from MT/TR/AV/FF got to CH soon, I welcomed them, they freaked out that they got stuck with meh on CH, they were praying to Goddess Velik to have their servers back up fast :3
  • Dunno what happened, but thanks to that, me and some others finally managed to bag Humedras, so there's a positive.
  • LesbianVi wrote: »

Moral of last night incident is have some Nuts and heavy [filtered] to be running your server fully functional.

Also we CH players demand for our OUTSTANDING performance last night and staying UP like the nuts we are a TRIPLE DROP for CH only.

That was fun though, people from MT/TR/AV/FF got to CH soon, I welcomed them, they freaked out that they got stuck with meh on CH, they were praying to Goddess Velik to have their servers back up fast :3

I expected replies such as this... -.-
    LesbianVi wrote: »

I expected replies such as this... -.-

Well, you wanna believe or not, that thing kept CH alive. ;)
  • CassandraTRCassandraTR ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do you want to know? They addressed it within five minutes on the forums, and it was fixed within 15 minutes. It was a perfect response.

All I know is that after all the aggressive and reactionary posts on the forums from LesbianVi I expected your brawler to be well geared. Ground pounder as a top roll? Hmm...
  • asanvx5.jpg

This was happening when the other servers went down, lol.
  • Why do you want to know? They addressed it within five minutes on the forums, and it was fixed within 15 minutes. It was a perfect response.

All I know is that after all the aggressive and reactionary posts on the forums from LesbianVi I expected your brawler to be well geared. Ground pounder as a top roll? Hmm...

A little transparency on service disruption goes a long way. A simple, the server crashed for unknown reasons would suffice for example.
  • edited February 2017
    Why do you want to know? They addressed it within five minutes on the forums, and it was fixed within 15 minutes. It was a perfect response.

A little transparency on service disruption goes a long way. A simple, the server crashed for unknown reasons would suffice for example.

There was a forum message displayed throughout the day giving the gist of it. It was an unexpected reboot. Players were able to log back in almost right away. After investigating, our Operations team found that this was due to hardware failure on one of the network connection devices (not a TERA server, but a supporting piece of hardware). That hardware has been replaced and things are back to working order.
    edited February 2017
    Spacecats wrote: »

There was a forum message displayed throughout the day giving the gist of it. It was an unexpected reboot. Players were able to log back in almost right away. After investigating, our Operations team found that this was due to hardware failure on one of the network connection devices (not a TERA server, but a supporting piece of hardware). That hardware has been replaced and things are back to working order.

That hardware ran outta E R P energy as I suspected.

ps: that thing too strong, so it gets filtered :p
  • ArcherOfEnvyArcherOfEnvy ✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Spacecats wrote: »

Thanks.

@Spacecats could you close the thread when you have time?
This discussion has been closed.