Player Council (Question mark)

Can someone explain to me exactly what the "Player Council" is? Obviously it's a council of players but what do their jobs entail?

Do they have any say in any decisions in the community? Are they the only community feedback that EME gets/takes into account? How does one become a member and what makes them eligible to be apart of this? How many members are there, are slots available? Are the players in the counsel strictly Pve players/casual players? Does the PvP side of the game have a representative?

Comments

• NobupakNobupak ✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    (I had a constructed post but I edited a typo only for it to be pending to get approved.) So while I wait for that, here's a link to the old post by Spacecats. In short context of my opinion that was on the post, I believe that En Masse is no longer looking to add to their player council as over time there has been a lot of player backlash than satisfaction (and some times it's vice versa), making it a love/hate relationship between their titles and the community. You will find information about their roles in the community in that post.

• Thanks for the link. The idea of a council is great, but seems to just be forum responders.

Their own forums seems helpful, having priority community response is great if the people are invested, though I don't know what the requirements were to get in.

Would any council members be willing to let us know what you guys do besides forum responding and if you've seen EME translate your opinions into the game?
  • StarSpriteStarSprite ✭✭✭✭
    We basically gather feedback and information from the forums and in game. Since we're active players in the game we can base feedback off our own experience and give insight to where players are coming from. (Not all members of the council are as active as others. It's up to the individual player how much time to put into the council and playing the game)

There are some things we are simply not allowed to share so it's hard to give examples of things we helped changed or things we're still trying to get changed.

One example I can give since a producer mentioned in the announcement it was because of us was getting dreamstorm shut down. It caused a lot of lag and we brought attention to that. We know there are still latency issues in the game from time to time but it's not always easy to find the source.

There's a misconception, I think, that we know every detail about every change and event before it's announced. If eme asked for our opinion on everything it would take much longer to get stuff out. We are all different types of players and have strong opinions on how things should be and don't always agree.

As for your other questions

Do they have any say in any decisions in the community?
    Not sure what you mean by this. By community do you mean events?

Are they the only community feedback that EME gets/takes into account?
    Nope. Spacecats and Noesis along with other members of the eme team read the forums. That's why it's important that if there is something you want to see or have changed that you write about it constructively.

How does one become a member and what makes them eligible to be apart of this?
    We filled out an application when it was first announced. Spacecats picked us based on our answers. Basically he was looking for (I think) knowledgeable and active players.

How many members are there, are slots available?
    I actually don't know how many of us there are. Players come and go on the council. My personal opinion is that we bring new members in from time to time as some people tend to move on to other games and lose interest. It's up to spacecats and eme if new players will be brought in though.

Are the players in the counsel strictly Pve players/casual players?
    No. We have a pretty wide range of play styles. Kamizuma is a trade broker god for example.

Does the PvP side of the game have a representative?
    There are a couple of players that pvp including myself.
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Player Council is Evil, gives wrong feedback and ruins our Tera lives >:)
    LesbianVi wrote: »
    Probably because most of us are cat owners. :c I was told the other day cats are the root of all evil. :|

• Are they the only community feedback that EME gets/takes into account?
    Nope. Spacecats and Noesis along with other members of the eme team read the forums. That's why it's important that if there is something you want to see or have changed that you write about it constructively.

WRONG WRONG WRONG (or lies imo) as Spacecats said himself in a reply to the thread with a letter writing to enmasse and signed by tons of people and guilds. Points dont matter if you are not a player council.
  • StarSprite wrote: »
    LesbianVi wrote: »
    Probably because most of us are cat owners. :c I was told the other day cats are the root of all evil. :|

Only ones from space. :)
  • Starryskys wrote: »
    Are they the only community feedback that EME gets/takes into account?

WRONG WRONG WRONG (or lies imo) as Spacecats said himself in a reply to the thread with a letter writing to enmasse and signed by tons of people and guilds. Points dont matter if you are not a player council.

I read the forums every day to collect player feedback (and sometimes just to chat with you guys). I'm really not sure what reply you're referring to but player council members are definitely not our only source for feedback. We think it's important to get player feedback from a variety of places so we can take multiple player views into account.
  • Spacecats wrote: »

I read the forums every day to collect player feedback (and sometimes just to chat with you guys). I'm really not sure what reply you're referring to but player council members are definitely not our only source for feedback. We think it's important to get player feedback from a variety of places so we can take multiple player views into account.

Right, so with all of the feedback you have now, we'd appreciate an update on the Mongo event tonight, regarding the removal of the potionmaster box from the Legendary BAMs, their abysmal HP pool, and the time it will be taking place.
  • Spacecats wrote: »

Right, so with all of the feedback you have now, we'd appreciate an update on the Mongo event tonight, regarding the removal of the potionmaster box from the Legendary BAMs, their abysmal HP pool, and the time it will be taking place.

Considering is one of the few times most of the comunity stood on the same page and pretty much everyone asked for the same things. Bam kill based on a ridiculous amount of hits so most raids can make it, Potion master box and starting a bit earlier during the 7 hours.

Idk, we'll see how it goes today, althought it may be ok since it'll be recorded in the stream. Maybe the weekend one's will prove if they do listen to us or not xD! I'm going to be honest here, I don't have high hopes... just because I don't wanna be dissapointed again, I still have some hope though.
    edited February 2017
    Spacecats wrote: »

To add to this and answer your last question.
    I would like to see something other than a crystal box if potionmaster isn't going to be added back. Maybe some sort of cosmetic box?

I think the number of hits bam was planned well in advanced. It's true there was a lot of confusion at first since this isn't how the other bams worked but once the community figured it out it was pretty clear that number of hits is the preferred method since it gives time for more raids to show up. (Rip my pc tho) Not sure if the rest of the bams can be changed in short notice but I agree it should be looked into.

As for the times, it said that it's meant to be random. So it can spawn any time between 3 and 10pm est. A 7 hour window might be too much given how it interrupts raids and stuff I guess.

(Should probably keep this discussion about mongo and kyras in the feedback thread though. o: )
  • FleettFleett ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    @Spacecats
    When will new Player Council positions be available?

Also, if you read forums everyday, why is there still a lack of responses and general communication with the community?
  • edited February 2017

Well Odon is just Odon. Legendary Mongos don't share a common HP pool. Nightmare Odons in Legendary Mongo events are strong as he normally is in Demokron Factory Hard Mode. He won't appear again this event, but there will still be a chance that future Legendary Mongos aren't as beastly as, say, Shandra Manaya or Koleogg.

Well Odon is just Odon. Legendary Mongos don't share a common HP pool. Nightmare Odons in Legendary Mongo events are strong as he normally is in Demokron Factory Hard Mode. He won't appear again this event, but there will still be a chance that future Legendary Mongos aren't as beastly as, say, Shandra Manaya or Koleogg.

Give'em hella HP, some ppl can't stop for server to get there, they start attacking and killing it, that is why people want higher HP and a murder-y Boss to slain those players viciously, to counter those kind of players it would be nice =)
    Fleett wrote: »
    @Spacecats
    When will new Player Council positions be available?

Also, if you read forums everyday, why is there still a lack of responses and general communication with the community?

He is active on forums but that doesn't mean he has to reply to every BS we ask ;)