[PC] Maintenance will begin on 6/20 at 8am PDT, and is expected to last for 3 hours. For more information, please view the following thread: http://bit.ly/2MYtJv6

Worth it?

Hey guys,

I played Tera for a long time and took a break for about a year. I've noticed that a lot of things have changed in Tera. Is it still worth it to come back or no? Is the game still alive or is it still going downhill? And if you think that it's worth it to come back, is it hard to catch up things. Currently I still have tier 7 on my characters, and I saw that tier 9 is the current tier.

Please give me your honest opinion and advise.
Thank you :3

Comments

• Tier 7 gear should get you off to a good start doing Castle Aranea (solo) runs in order to gear up into Slaughter. Slaughter is fairly easy to enchant too, so it won't take long before you're able to group up and do base dungeons, then run the new Ace Dungeons on the side when you're not up for grouping. Since you're an experienced player you'll probably be able to shave some time just knowing how dungeons progress and what's expected in a group. Not to mention by finding a guild to get you going again will help a ton.

As for game changes, the Ninja is a new class you missed after Brawler came out last year. The Archer, Sorcerer, and Warrior have also gotten significant re-balances. There are several new dungeons (as well as some you're probably familiar with). Essential Mana has some excellent guides that will help you learn those quickly.
  • KetothKetoth ✭✭✭✭
    Spacecats giving advice for return players O.o . never saw a EME do that.
    Also, what about gives us that crit chance equation ;)
  • GinjitsuGinjitsu ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ketoth wrote: »
    Spacecats giving advice for return players O.o . never saw a EME do that.
    Also, what about gives us that crit chance equation ;)

Desperate times calls for desperate actions.
  • @Kaymi --if you are in tier 7, you should note that new 65s are issued tier 5 gear to go run a series of quests ( which you should have in your quest tree as a returning player) that will move you significantly down the line to tier 9 gear, which will set you up nicely for the gearing dungeons for 10 and 11. Those new 65 quests include Kalivan's Challenge, Channelworks, Echoes of Aranea, a couple of quests on Isle of Dawn--all readily manageable in tier 7, and not a bad warmup for getting back into the swing of Tera.