TERA is officially a casualty of gender roles

13

Comments

  • Looks like the bait worked. Lol :p
  • Desusky wrote: »
    u guys do know that op is a troll
    he only posts troll stuffs for the past 6months

    First of all, it's been 6 months since I last POSTED on these forums, so your argument is invalid.

    Second of all...man, maybe I should just put my nose back into Overwatch where it belongs. At least over there no one wants to kill me except 2 toxic players...
  • Bonbonnie wrote: »
    Unfortunately darling, that's the result of a lack of moderation within global and the playerbase as a whole. Stricter EME staff and rules = less toxicity. They care more about those sweet muns though rather than player satisfaction or comfort.

    Global chat is taken into consideration when judging whether or not a player is penalized. It still helps when players report bad behavior because it guarantees that player will be investigated.
  • Soffyasd wrote: »
    There are trolls in everyplace. I play on CH too and i have no friends or either casual chat to anyone, and haven't being insulted with no reason. Actually i just block the global spammers/trolls or trap people.

    I've readed the post and still don't know what you were doing to being insulted, reports doesn't work... so i would recomend to just block them and problem solved. o.o

    Trolling is different than harassment. Spreading the rumor that "reports don't work" actually helps the people we're trying to ban because it tells victims of harassment that they shouldn't bother submitting anything. Blocking a player that is harassing you or others just means they'll move on to other people. Reporting them helps the whole TERA community by getting rid of the bad player.
  • edited February 2017
    Astilia wrote: »
    So, OP, instead of trolling the forums whining about stuff that bothers you, why not go make some friends, ignore the dumbasses, and maybe find some other way to enjoy yourself than wasting forum space?

    IMO Crazy's only troll comment was about TERA Mongo being hastily developed by Bluehole in response to the Pokemon GO update.

    ... I've been planning this for weeks! :anguished: :anguished: :anguished: :anguished: :anguished: :anguished:
  • Spacecats wrote: »
    Astilia wrote: »
    So, OP, instead of trolling the forums whining about stuff that bothers you, why not go make some friends, ignore the dumbasses, and maybe find some other way to enjoy yourself than wasting forum space?

    IMO Crazy's only troll comment was about TERA Mongo being hastily developed by Bluehole in response to the Pokemon GO update.

    ... I've been planning this for weeks! :anguished: :anguished: :anguished: :anguished: :anguished: :anguished:

    Are you taking credit for Noesis's work when he's not around? Shameful.
  • aeee98aeee98 ✭✭✭✭
    Grievuuz wrote: »
    Looks like the bait worked. Lol :p

    I rather give the benefit of the doubt that they turned over a new leaf, even I gave Drizztd a proper answer most of the time.
    NPCPak wrote: »
    Spacecats wrote: »
    Astilia wrote: »
    So, OP, instead of trolling the forums whining about stuff that bothers you, why not go make some friends, ignore the dumbasses, and maybe find some other way to enjoy yourself than wasting forum space?

    IMO Crazy's only troll comment was about TERA Mongo being hastily developed by Bluehole in response to the Pokemon GO update.

    ... I've been planning this for weeks! :anguished: :anguished: :anguished: :anguished: :anguished: :anguished:

    Are you taking credit for Noesis's work when he's not around? Shameful.

    We need to punish the kitty!
  • This guy has to be full of [filtered]. Every single one of my characters is an elin besides brawler and gunner and I have never once had someone throw anything offensive my way, and I've been playing since beta.
  • Well, I think I'll pine in here. I was raised in a religious setting. So morals in a sense were instilled in me. This includes treating people with a certain respect. I agree that the community in chat is very BAD. Filthy, and Vulgar. Perhaps it would help to understand how investigations go about when a player has been reported for ill reputed behavior. I am curious about this myself as I not only see chat very septic like, but even the same exact players Unless using a screen shot feature, versus using the report player option in chat, nothing will happen. So yes. Take screen shots of the chat box itself and submit it to customer support. @Spacecats
    Just not sure under which support claim you need to post this under. I agree a clean up of the community is very much needed.
  • NPCPak wrote: »
    Are you taking credit for Noesis's work when he's not around? Shameful.
    The Mongo part is mostly Spacecats. The Kyras part is mostly Noesis. Though of course it's not just the two of them by themselves for any of it.
  • I know by posting this, I'm gonna be labelled a troll and I'm going to open up the biggest can of worms ever on these forums, and for that, I am sorry. But unfortunately, it must be done, especially since I am no longer enjoying the Kyra event or the Mongo event as a result of what I'm about to talk about.

    During the first weekend of Tera Mongo (which this round was hastily developed and implemented by Bluehole in response to Niantic releasing 80 new Pokemon in their wildly popular mobile game, Pokemon Go), I decided to make a new character, "Lady.Brightspark" (an elin reaper), to experience this firsthand.

    Literally every man I know in this game plays a female. I have 0 clue what you're talking about. Maybe you're actually annoying or something... because I've been playing for years without incident or observing such an incident. Everyone is super aware of the fact that no one who plays female characters (because this game is mostly gender-class-locked) are not actually females??????????

  • Anyone who is wondering about your gender in an MMO is probably too young to be playing? I'm... utterly confused.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    MMORPG - Many Men On-line Rol Playing Girls.
  • You all know that someone coming to the forums and claiming that he's been insulted for no reason at all without even one screenshot is not anyhting you should believe.

    In the first place I don't even understand - given the story is true - why OP is placing it here. It's a matter between OP and the other party. OP apparently came here to get a load of pity.

    I'm playing on CH and I'm active in global. No one is insulting another because of being en Elin. Perhaps a third of all CH is an Elin - we would only be able to fill global with insults.

    I find it more interesting that no one directed at OP giving Mongo locations. Do you know when people start to insult others during the Mongo event? When you give out false or purposely wrong POIs. I'm not yet accusing you, OP. But you should also reflect on your actions that somehow led to the dispute. Changing to Overwatch may help for now, but in the end, the community everywhere shows the same reaction.
  • I know by posting this, I'm gonna be labelled a troll and I'm going to open up the biggest can of worms ever on these forums, and for that, I am sorry. But unfortunately, it must be done, especially since I am no longer enjoying the Kyra event or the Mongo event as a result of what I'm about to talk about.

    During the first weekend of Tera Mongo (which this round was hastily developed and implemented by Bluehole in response to Niantic releasing 80 new Pokemon in their wildly popular mobile game, Pokemon Go), I decided to make a new character, "Lady.Brightspark" (an elin reaper), to experience this firsthand.

    Unfortunately, in the short 4 days I was playing Tera Mongo, I have been called various derogatory claims. I have been called "Gay", "Felon", and worse terms than even I am willing to share here.

    Under normal circumstances, I would brush this off. However, despite helping out the community by helping pinpoint where the exact locations of legendary mongos are, and posting said locations in global on my server, as soon as people saw I was a level 60 elin reaper, people began throwing the derogatory words at me.

    How come? Because sadly, over the short 2-3 years I've been playing this game, elins have received a very bad reputation on the Celestial Hills server due to, among other things, [filtered]. What's [filtered], you ask? It stands for erotic roleplaying, and believe me, I wish that crap would end rather quickly, or there would be a rule against it.

    After being insulted for 4 days in a row, I unfortunately could no longer come to even log in and claim my free catalyst, on the fear that I would have more derogatory terms thrown at me for practically no reason whatsoever.

    Listen, let's just stop all this hate, please. I want to play the game, but it's hard to when my favorite class that I enjoy playing (elin reapers) are subject to being called derogatory terms in whispers or in global.

    And also, please stop making everything about gender roles. Just because I am a 18-year old man doesn't mean I should have to play a male character in-game because people believe in gender roles. Gender roles have already ruined many movies (and why nowadays I hate watching movies, even the cheesy kids ones). And now gender roles, thanks to some anonymous trolls, are threatening to make TERA the next target for enforcing them. Just don't. If I want to play an elin as some 18-year old guy, I say go for it. If a girl wants to play a male castanic, I say go for it.

    I'm sorry if this post doesn't look well-written. I'm tired, I haven't had a good night's rest for 4 weeks, and as a result, I don't post well when I'm tired.

    Later, all. And again, I'm sorry for opening this can of worms.

    King

    Sometimes people do and say stupid things, especially online. Insulting the players of elin characters is an example of this, especially when the derogatory comments imply that elin characters are children when the lore contradicts that.

    As for erotic role-play, there is nothing wrong with it, and given the nature of the graphics and some of the suggestive text in game it should have been expected by potential players, at least the older ones at any rate. That is a separate issue though, as the derogatory comments directed toward you spoke to the negative nature of those persons, not erotic role-players or erotic role-play in general.

    These comments are not likely going to stop any time soon, certainly not due to a public forum request. You may make some headway in reducing the issue by reporting players that treat you in a derogatory way. Your best bet, though, is simply to develop ways of coping with it yourself, such as placing those you find offensive on ignore.

    It isn't an issue of gender roles. You are simply choosing to play a female character as that is what you enjoy (or because you must to play a reaper). Your character is simply your playing piece in the game, and has no more gender role than a pawn characterized as female in a custom chess set.

    Even if you are role-playing the elin, while the gender of the character is female and you would portray it as such, your gender remains that of an 18 year old male.

    The concept of gender roles is more of a social and philosophical one, beyond the scope of this game thankfully.

    I hope you get some good sleep soon. I often have sleeping issues myself, and I know how less than fun they can be.
This discussion has been closed.