[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 11/18 at 6pm PST. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

Paragon -> Valkyrie Wins [Updated]

Thank you to the EME team for allowing the community to vote for a name of our choosing! Congratulations #teamvalkyrie!

Comments

• it's super gay
  • edited February 2017
    I don't mind the name -- I think it's fine. We always knew it'd be a one-word name so "Lunar Dancer" was always out. The trick is that, unlike some of the other names, this one isn't as obvious what it does, so it requires more explanation.

Also noted that the reservation campaign lasts until April 4, so presumably that's the launch date. (In game also says that's when you can create your character.)
  • PagesPages ✭✭✭✭
    It's better than "Gunner".
  • VinyltailsVinyltails ✭✭✭✭
    Paragon...really....RU tera gets to VOTE ON IT and call it Valkyrie...where is our cool names *Naming mine after Dancer in spite*
  • We are also getting new names for the older classes.

Lunar Dancer = Paragon

Slayer = Sword

Brawler = Fist

Ninja = Sneaker

Gunner = Pewpew

Reaper = Edge

Warrior = Cutter

Sorcerer = Magic

Mystic = Baller

Priest = Medic

Berserker = Axe

Archer = Arrow

Lancer = Tank
  • Slayer Revamp Hype!!! :proud:
  • Well, I always thought Lunar Dancer sounds hella stupid and Paragon sounds pretty neat. I will say Valkyrie would have been nice, but it is what it is.
  • LancerJivaLancerJiva ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should have made it Lunar Dancer or even Muse...
  • ArdireArdire ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    paragon... what.. does that even mean?

"a person or thing viewed as a model of excellence."

what? what does that tell me about the class????
    gunner wasn't very creative but at least it told me what the class was about! like... if someone was like, i'm a paragon! you'd ask, a paragon of what?

also april is a helluva long time to wait lol what do they expect us to do all march?
    time to snooze on tera for a month i guess

edit: valkyrie would've been the beautiful idea name imo. but even the basic glaivier would've made actual sense at least.....
  • I don't know about this. Paragon, as a class name, is just totally unrelated.
    It doesn't help with explaining what kind of class she is, it doesn't go well with the simple-and-straight-to-the-point names of other classes, it's unusable as a stand-alone noun (paragon of what ?). Tons of other better choices and they picked a strange word that has nothing to do with the class.
  • My vote is for Valkyrie but I do agree that class names should always be 1 word.
  • I don't care what it's named as long as it does this on Nightmare Atrocitas

2507cf7d17f59891b07908b073b42058.png
  • LuhzLuhz ✭✭✭
    i don't plan to play the class but i actually love the name paragon
This discussion has been closed.