[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Gunner changes Patch 28th of Febuary: Keen HB?

So these are the changes for Gunner within this patch, which got me excited but also confused.

Gunner

Adjusted Base Stats
Lowered PvP Defense.
Lowered Balance Factor by 20%.
Burst Fire
Increased casting speed by 20%.
Time Bomb
Reduced glyph cost of Empowered Time Bomb (Common) from 5 to 4.
Vengeance
Increased PvE damage by 100%.
Reduced glyph cost of Empowered Vengeance (Uncommon) from 7 to 6.
Reduced glyph cost of Empowered Vengeance (Rare) from 6 to 5.
HB
Added a new glyph: Keen HB Construct (Common), which summons a version of HB that lacks the healing ray, but doubles Crit Factor for 1 second.
Command: Recall
Reduced cooldown by 5 seconds.

The new glyph for HB, it looked promising thinking it would trade in the healing ray for a ray that would give you twice the crit if you're within range of the Keen HB. This would constantly apply the glyph buff of double crit to you as long as you remain within range, like the healing ray.

I've tested it and it seems the Glyph only procs on the summon of the Keen HB, so that's a 22 second cooldown for a 1 second crit factor buff. Whilst you trade in the 2.5k healing tick a second for it.

Which makes me wonder.. Is this a bug? Is this a feature? Did the cows from server downtime hyjack the patch notes?

Comments

• It's just a second long duration for double crit. Great for slaying runs. You would summon hb and start using BF so your 1st four shots or so would crit before your exponential crit rate on BF kicks in.
  • this is plain mocking of a class. same as slayer's "buff".
  • OR you can use bombermant + keen HB
  • I fail to see how it's a mock or a joke to gunner. How often do you rely on the healing of your robot in pve? You mainly use it for recall and the additional damage with AB. In pvp it's probably a different story. Just don't use the glyph then if you want the healing.
  • "which summons a version of HB that lacks the healing ray, but doubles Crit Factor for 1 second."

Makes it sound like that it switches the healing tick for a crit buff tick.

It would make more sense than a 1 second buff...

and yes I already seen that it updates for a second, that's the whole thing.. It's absolutely pointless, you'd be lucky to get 1 auto-attack off in that time. Even for slaying runs it seems pointless, the animations to rev up the gun upon activating BF takes longer than the buff.
  • PoniloverPonilover ✭✭✭
    Do you really think +47 crit rate will make any difference? If it were double crit CHANCE, I'd use it.
  • RotomuRotomu ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    HB is part of your rotation.
  • Ponilover wrote: »
    this is plain mocking of a class. same as slayer's "buff".

Most likely, it's quite funny.
  • Rotomu wrote: »
    ^ Which is why the animation of starting BF is shorter now.

I stand corrected, you can't use any skills.. At all. The animation of summoning HB itself takes a second to complete, in that second you cannot attack.
  • HFJW6KG473 wrote: »
    Rotomu wrote: »

I stand corrected, you can't use any skills.. At all. The animation of summoning HB itself takes a second to complete, in that second you cannot attack.

You can use BF while in summoning HB animation.
  • edited March 2017
    HFJW6KG473 wrote: »
    Rotomu wrote: »

You can use BF while in summoning HB animation.

Unless you have A-rush it disappears before you even get your first shot

Nevermind, even at +62 attack speed it still wears off before the first shot
  • xoBarbxoBarb ✭✭✭
    WHY AM I AS SQUISHY AS MY SORC
  • BonbonnieBonbonnie ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Revert reaper buffs, give it all to gunner. :innocent:

But really, if the the glyph gave permanent double crit, the lack of healing MIGHT be worth it... But ya know, gunner's can't have nice things.
  • JedoiiJedoii
    edited March 2017
    It's a useless glyph, Even with summon HB + Burst Fire. Trust me.
  • BOISSS IT"S SUMMON HB + BOMBARDMENT! MAKE SURE TO TIME IT SO THAT THE 1 SECOND DOUBLECRIT COVER ALL THE SHOOTS FROM BOMBARDMENT