[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 11/18 at 6pm PST. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

Paragon -> Valkyrie Wins [Updated]

Comments

• allofspaceandtimeallofspaceandtime ✭✭✭✭✭
    paragon???? paragon sounds like it shoud be a spice or something. its not a cook class lol. but its their game their rules. they can call it whatever they want. I wont be playing this class. I will wait for something else to come out. but to those that will, have fun.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ardire wrote: »
    paragon... what.. does that even mean?

"a person or thing viewed as a model of excellence."

what? what does that tell me about the class????
    gunner wasn't very creative but at least it told me what the class was about! like... if someone was like, i'm a paragon! you'd ask, a paragon of what?

One archaic synonym of paragon is "to be match for" or "rival".

Since we are talking about a class from a game the only thing we should know is the lore for this class to understand why is this the name they choose.

I hope it can be made clear that way becuase if not then the name sounds kinda dumb.
  • That really does feel like a terrible name choice, I have to agree.
  • PinopyPinopy ✭✭✭
    Why Paragon?? Not only does the name sound like a shape, it doesn't even have any relation to the class itself. idk how I feel about "Glavier" but I much rather have that name over Paragon any day.

I personally like "Lunar Dancer" but I understand why it isn't called that with the "2 word" deal

But PARAGON? Can we reconsider this pls
    I think the ability to vote on a name as RU did would be best, but knowing that won't happen...
  • kamalrkamalr
    edited March 2017
    Whew boy it's Arcane Engineer -> Gunner all over again!

First; a googled definition

Paragon
    noun
    a person or thing regarded as a perfect example of a particular quality
    a person or thing viewed as a model of excellence

My gripes about it:

1. The IRONY
    The class exclusive to the most devilish-looking, seductive, and provocative women in TERA is named 'Paragon'? Okay then!

2. Explains nothing about the theme of the class
    'Moonlight Warrior'/'Lunar Dancer' were good names because they at least referenced their moon-based abilities, and what they do in combat. Just like how 'Arcane Engineer' was a far more apt name than 'Gunner' for the same reasons. Are we to expect all the lunar references to be cut out of names and particle effects? Or are we to expect fresh-faced players to be thrown off by this curveball of a 'Paragon' class using a halberd and lunar-themed abilities when most anyone accustomed to fantasy RPGs would think 'Paladin' when they hear 'Paragon'?

Anyway, this feeds into my old theory that the localization team really does not like class names longer than three syllables, and that is the sole influence on their decisions to axe the names of 'Arcane Engineer', and 'Lunar Dancer'.

PS
    3. It would make slightly more sense...
    ... in a fantasy lore standpoint if 'Lancer' was renamed 'Paragon' (or the synonym of that word; 'Exemplar') for their self sustain, and protection abilities like a traditional paladin class of sorts, and 'Lunar Dancer' renamed 'Lancer', since it at least explains SOMETHING about what they do/use!
  • EndevaEndeva ✭✭✭✭✭
    As always, the disappointment on the new class name was expected :expressionless:
  • the Paragon i played was in Guild Wars 1. it was a class that used shouts to buff its allies while dpsing/debuffing enemies from a distance. it was fun to play especially in speed clears.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    its better than glaiver :3

ye i can play my paragon again :3
    guild_wars_nightfall___paragon-t2.jpg

• StevenAnthonyStevenAnthony ✭✭✭✭
    Paragon is a good name ,

.... im dont know whats meaning , but still are a good name B)
  • 'Paragon' definitely is better than 'Glaiver' or 'Lunar/Poledancer', just not much better.
  • Paragon has several meanings one of them is ''an unusually large, round pearl'' It could be the reason related to the class attacks or the weapons designs
  • Im Maelslayer Maelberserker Maelbrawler Maelsorcerer Maelninja and Maelwarrior (inprocess), Maelparagon sounds just wrong but it's too late for me now everyone calls me Le Papori Mael anyway, as somebody said above as loing class is op im ok with it
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    i am nearly sure they are inspired from guild war paragon, spear user with buff team skill B)
  • WitchyGirlWitchyGirl ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    nevermind .....
This discussion has been closed.